Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Zerk war isn't hard to find but people join constantly without reading what we need so we have to list, wait, check, kick, list, ...
    Due to stupidity.

It's not like we're asking for 1zerk war, 1condition guard, 1 heal thief. It's one simple warrior...
    you prefer a *random* warrior to any other random profession... why? To be faster? Why wait for minutes then?

- - - Updated - - -

meh, nevermind... I won't understand you elitists anyway

Because a random war does more dps than a random anything else.

The step in point for "good" dps is much lower for warrior than any other class. Sure my ele, thief and ranger can out dps a war but I'm not confident a random will be able to pull it off. Even if a warrior uses a bad/suboptimal weapon he'll better than average dps. On ele you need to run LH (ever seen a random run that?), thief needs dd bs (ever seen a pug stay alive with that?) and on ranger you need pet micro (not really) + knowing how to cancel leaps + flanking.

All a war has to do is equip GS, use 2 on CD and use 4 when there's a wall...

Another thing is that even a bad war will greatly boost team dps. You can be completely retarded but equiping FGJ+Banner of Str+Banner of Disc will greatly help.
    When we do a full run (all paths) having a war and telling him to stay in melee and equip balanced stance + omm (use when you see feedback) makes it really easy to zerg it down in a minute. Get a conditionmancer and you're screwed...
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-09-24 at 05:04 AM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

tempted to try this out now, haven't done any dungeon since the first week of release

maybe I can complete my personal story now

Deleted
    LFG tool is quite ok, a bit hidden in all the tabs, but ok. Groups, even though not many at one time, always show up and queing is quite fast.
    The only suggestion regarding it would be to teleport everyone inside the dungeon, without the need of traveling to the zone by yourself. There is no point since you press on a waypoint anyway.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    LFG tool is quite ok, a bit hidden in all the tabs, but ok. Groups, even though not many at one time, always show up and queing is quite fast.
    The only suggestion regarding it would be to teleport everyone inside the dungeon, without the need of traveling to the zone by yourself. There is no point since you press on a waypoint anyway.....
    Yes, supposedly thats a major factor for some people, they feel that they need to make their own way there, whcih in a game of teleporting around seems ridiculous, but yes the LFG feature is quite okay, the dungeons are still not much fun though.

Because a random war does more dps than a random anything else.
    There's also the assumption that if someone can't be bothered to read what is asked for ahead of time, they're probably not going to work very well IN the dungeon either.

Good point Svif, I'll try to list that the next time
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Here is what i want to include the new LFG system

1.Accept/reject incoming members
    2.View party member info before joining – Class/level/Name/Server
    3.Differentiate Story & Explorable Mode – right now there is only 1 tab for both modes which is not the best solution.There must be 2 tabs for each mode
    4.Different Tab for each explorable path
    5.Split 20-39 fractal tiers in 2 categories(20-29/30-39)
    6.The current categories could have numbers indicating how many advertisements are currently active. Right now we have to click on each dungeon to see if there are any parties
    7.Been able to see listings even when in a full party .Don’t make them grey out.
    8.Been able to see listings on a lower level alt
    9.Give the option to reveal all of the LFG listings in one tab

Adding icons indicating what kind of group is being formed.
    a.Speed Run - get in, get out!
    b.Experienced Only - No newbies. Experienced players only
    c.Newbie - I am new to this event, please be nice!
    d.Doing everything - Why skip content when it is there.
    e.Language Preference - Please post your language preference in the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    4.Different Tab for each explorable path
    I don't know about this one. I prefer to get into an "all paths" group if possible. Trying to find groups for each individual path can be a pain.

8.Been able to see listings on a lower level alt
    Yes. -_-

d.Doing everything - Why skip content when it is there.

That can be interpreted on different ways though, it can also mean do all paths to give an example.

e.Language Preference - Please post your language preference in the comments.

This'll also suffer from interpretation issues. For instance my preferred language would be English, but also French, German and Spanish.

While reporting a gold seller today, I noticed there is a "LFG Abuse" option for reporting folks.

Deleted
    LFG itself works fine for me, haven't had much trouble at all - gladly.
    Only trouble I've had are full worlds when trying to join a dungeon.

The biggest problems I've had is with some people I've ran into.
    I've had several newbies in fractals 10+, so now I'm constantly asking if they have experience or not.
    I'm avoiding the French as much as I can (I can't explain the hammer fractal when they don't speak one word English).
    And I can't stand liars who say yes when I ask if they have experience when they clearly have not later on, by making classical mistakes.
    Now I'm checking a few things, and one important thing is to check if they actually communicate. There is no team possible without communication.

Bluh.

I've made more use of the LFG than ever, but the people I join are half of the time awful (noobs, liars about their exp, silent, or just plain rude).
    Glady I've also had some really good teams, and I shouldn't ignore that. So it won't stop me from using it. But I do stay with my guildies most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random people = random chances idiots unfortunately, GW2 community always liked to put itself on a pedastal, looking down on others for there rude, arrogant players but my experience of LFG is no different from any other, it has people you want to meet again, and people you don't, and thats life for you.

The one thing the LFG tool should have is, as in GW1, an "accept" button. People shouldn't auto-join your group, they should "invite" themselves and have to be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The one thing the LFG tool should have is, as in GW1, an "accept" button. People shouldn't auto-join your group, they should "invite" themselves and have to be accepted.
    I do agree, I just think it'll lead to people like myself who don't have the experience/confidence being shunned by those like Mel who don't want to babysit people, but thats life again.

True, but those people will already vote kick you from the group if you join them while they're trying to put together a speed run or something. Making the group able to approve/deny players will allow them to at least get some idea if they actually read the LFG note in some cases (looking for a certain class, other class joins, things like that). It's about making sure the players have the power they need to use the tool effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I do agree, I just think it'll lead to people like myself who don't have the experience/confidence being shunned by those like Mel who don't want to babysit people, but thats life again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    True, but those people will already vote kick you from the group if you join them while they're trying to put together a speed run or something. Making the group able to approve/deny players will allow them to at least get some idea if they actually read the LFG note in some cases (looking for a certain class, other class joins, things like that). It's about making sure the players have the power they need to use the tool effectively.
    I'll respond to both of you at once:

1. I'm very clear in what I'm looking for when advertising "LF Experienced Zerk Wars". If you come in and link PVT gear it's normal that you get insta kicked. If you come in and run Dolyak Signet and Signet of Stamina, it's normal you'll get kicked, if you ENTER the dungeon as anything but a warrior you'll get kicked and so on.
    2. Giving me the tools to not have to kick people for 10minutes (resulting in me being annoyed in the end) will make it a more pleasurable experience for both sides. On my side I won't have to: list, ask something, wait for a reply, kick, REPEAT. And you won't get in to be put through this "abuse".
    3. An accept button will help a lot since we can simply refuse anyone to enter our party (and unlist us if our group is full) if they're not a warrior. We can also do selections before letting people join: "XXWARRIORSMASHFACEXX wants to join your party" => PM XXWARRIORSMASHFACEXX: "sup man, please link the weapons you use" => I like the reply: accept, I don't like it: deny.

ATM some of my friends are on a break so I'll gladly play with less experienced people (no point in trying to optimise with pugs) as long as I'm informed.
    If I have this awesome LOS-pull that makes it possible to clear an entire room in seconds and someone decides to just run in and die we just lost 20% of our DPS which we probably need. Since if we now wipe Leeroy (and probably others too) will say "why did you pull everything omg" while it was the fault of Leeroy and not me.

A big problem atm is that people randomly join my (SC) groups over and over and over and we lose our listing and have to keep kicking that one guy who doesn't "get it". IMO those people are griefing.

So I basically agree with Rhandric

10+ Year Old Account
    So I basically agree with Rhandric
    So do I, it still will cull players like me, but like I said so be it, Im not in a hardcore raiding guild because of the same sort of reason, and as dungeons are the pinnacle of group organised pve group content (baring 2 new w bosses) in GW2 I don't expect to be carried or slow other people down, but join like minded individuals. Being able to control who joins the group should be in already, seeing as its not a truly random lfg feature.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-10-01 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Random people = random chances idiots unfortunately
    Well, it's the same as it was before. It's just that instead of advertising in city/zone chat, they have another place to advertise. I don't see why people would be any worse than before.

And I finally got into the beta for it! I need to spend some time in the next few days finding groups that will put up with a scrub like me and finally running some dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I finally got into the beta for it! I need to spend some time in the next few days finding groups that will put up with a scrub like me and finally running some dungeons.
    Beta is over it's for everyone now