Poll: After reading: Do you think HotS is EXP 5?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Like I said on the other thread, "Heroes of the Storm" is a logical name for the Blizzard All-Stars for the simple fact that the artists of all Blizzard games are part of an in-house artist group called "Sons of the Storm".

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Like I said on the other thread, "Heroes of the Storm" is a logical name for the Blizzard All-Stars for the simple fact that the artists of all Blizzard games are part of an in-house artist group called "Sons of the Storm".

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/
    The in-house side-project called Sons of the Storm has no bearing either way on this debate.

The trademark descriptions might do, and so far they are in favour of it being a WoW expansion. Pet battles is a major feature of WoW which could and probably would require a mobile app eventually.

Nothing in All-Stars could or would require mobile apps as a part of the game.

I can totally see the next expansion trailer starring Azshara and her Naga, and the Legion is also likely to be apart of it. I don't really know about HotS being the expansion, it seems more likely it would be Blizzard All-stars. But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

This is for their Blizzard All-Stars game
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Deleted
    I wish people on these forums had the patience to read before they posted.

Evidence is in the OP, is all I'll say for now. It can be All-Stars, but in all likelihood, it is EXP 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    I wish people on these forums had the patience to read before they posted.

Evidence is in the OP, is all I'll say for now. It can be All-Stars, but in all likelihood, it is EXP 5.
    No it's not

Lol why would they name an xpac heros of the storm.

and why can't dota all-stars use a authenticator?
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

HotS = Heart of the Swarm
    HotS = Heroes of the Storm..
    Same company
    Maybe we learn to say SCHotS to be more precise later on.

*Back to topic, my vote goes for Blizzard All-Stars if this is actually true.

I can't see it happening. The Dark Below or whatever it was makes more sense as an expansion name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    No it's not

Lol why would they name an xpac heros of the storm.

and why can't dota all-stars use a authenticator?
    Why would they rename All-stars to a generic name that no one has ever heard of before and can't identify?
    It's also pretty illogical to produce hard copies of all-stars, when it would clearly have to be free-to-play to have any chance at all of competing with League and Dota2.

If this is the expansion name, I will be quitting WoW.

Being 100% sure it isn't means I ain't going to

Deleted
    The in-house side-project called Sons of the Storm has no bearing either way on this debate.
    In your opinion. In mine, and some others, has all the bearing that it needs. The Sons of the Storm draw all Blizzard heroes, Blizzard All-Stars is about all Blizzard heroes.

Nothing in All-Stars could or would require mobile apps as a part of the game.
    Do you have some inside development info and decided not to share with us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Console version of WoW. I called it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    In your opinion. In mine, and some others, has all the bearing that it needs. The Sons of the Storm draw all Blizzard heroes, Blizzard All-Stars is about all Blizzard heroes.

They also draw a lot of other things, and write lore. So? Why would there be a correlation? There are also heroes in other games.

Do you have some inside development info and decided not to share with us?
    I can read. WoW is the most logical candidate for the title. The MOBA might not even get a new name for all we know. Where did they say it would?

WoW's pet battles is, again a major feature of the game which could be experienced on mobile. That's worth mentioning in a trademark. MOBAs aren't for mobile if they are e-sports oriented, which this one will be, based on Blizzard's track record. Even if it does come with a mobile app which lets you keep track of things and possibly watch games, that doesn't warrant a trademark mention. Pet battles would.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-10-01 at 05:25 AM.

I certainly hope this is for Blizzard All-Stars. If that's the name of the new ex-pac, there's no way I'm re-subbing. It's too stupid for words.

Deleted
    The trademark has received a lot of blame for its name. People say it sounds silly, or not like WoW.
    I disagree, and think the name fits perfectly.
    WoW expansion titles have referenced enemies two times, "Burning Crusade" (Burning Legion) and "Wrath of the Lich King" in a way to give the players a perspective of the coming threat.

What does "Heroes of the Storm" do? It gives the players the idea that they've already won before they even start. It's pretty much telling us we'll win and we'll be heroes before we even do anything. Sounds kinda lame to me, where is the threat? Why should I care or why should I invest time into this? I don't see the challenge.

(Yeah I know Mists of Pandaria is a vague title as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    WoW expansion titles have referenced enemies two times, "Burning Crusade" (Burning Legion) and "Wrath of the Lich King" in a way to give the players a perspective of the coming threat.

What does "Heroes of the Storm" do? It gives the players the idea that they've already won before they even start. It's pretty much telling us we'll win and we'll be heroes before we even do anything. Sounds kinda lame to me, where is the threat? Why should I care or why should I invest time into this? I don't see the challenge.

(Yeah I know Mists of Pandaria is a vague title as well)
    Not necessarily. You're reading it as "Heroes (who won against the) Storm", when it's "Heroes (who've fought danger previously and now face it again in the) Storm"
    There's also no indication of who the "Heroes" are.

Think of it this way, if the box art for the Heroes of the Storm expansion was Illidan, flanked by Turalyon and Alleria standing on a cliff looking at an endless army of demonic creatures while Abyssals and infernals rain from the dark, lightning filled sky... would the title make a bit more sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not necessarily. You're reading it as "Heroes (who won against the) Storm", when it's "Heroes (who've fought danger previously and now face it again in the) Storm"
    There's also no indication of who the "Heroes" are.

Think of it this way, if the box art for the Heroes of the Storm expansion was Illidan, flanked by Turalyon and Alleria standing on a cliff looking at an endless army of demonic creatures while Abyssals and infernals rain from the dark, lightning filled sky... would the title make a bit more sense?
    No, it wouldn't, because the title "Heroes of the Storm" implies that these so-called heroes are either made by whatever the "storm" is, or are actual heroes fighting for the titular storm. It does NOT imply "pre-existing heroes fighting against the storm" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    No, it wouldn't, because the title "Heroes of the Storm" implies that these so-called heroes are either made by whatever the "storm" is, or are actual heroes fighting for the titular storm. It does NOT imply "pre-existing heroes fighting against the storm" at all.
    This would be true if the storm were a literal storm (i.e. an object). But there's no evidence of that.
    The storm as an event can easily be read as a currently occurring "storm" in which people who are Heroes are fighting.

The same way that I could write an article entitled "Soldiers of the Iraq War" and it doesn't imply that the soldiers were created by the war, they clearly could have existed before it, it just implies that they are involved in the war in some fashion.

"Heroes of the Storm" can be read as Heroes who fight for the storm, heroes who were made heroes by the storm, or as heroes involved in thel "storm" that is the conflict between Azeroth and the Legion.

Deleted
    Patch 2.0.1 Before the storm - this was the event before BC launch. Since a demons return expansion is expected and the few hints in game like the Wrathion questline with Azeroth being bombarded by "meteors" it makes some sense, however .... Blizzcon soon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Patch 2.0.1 Before the storm - this was the event before BC launch. Since a demons return expansion is expected and the few hints in game like the Wrathion questline with Azeroth being bombarded by "meteors" it makes some sense, however .... Blizzcon soon.
    You do realize what the phrase "Before the Storm" means, right? It comes from "Calm before the Storm," or the peace before a huge war.

Heroes of the Storm has nothing to do with that phrase, so stop saying it's the Legion because 2.0.1.

One other thing that makes me suspicious of this, assuming it isn't the rebranding of All-Stars, is the fact didn't Metzen blatantly say MoP was the "calm before the storm," seems way too.... convenient to name the next expansion after the storm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)