Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Sooo.. is anyone else here on the east coast of Canada or US? I'm in New York and my ping is always around 90, but in the past few weeks its been at 110-120... so i'm wondering if anyone else here has increased ping lately.
    South-East Pennsylvania here
    Haven't noticed a big change in ping for myself (I haven't been extremely active on LoL lately though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I thought about sighstone but just opted to buy two wards instead. I want to be more assassin-like faster and late game wise, you can assassinate an ADC pretty easily or depending on the support you destroy the support pretty easily.
    It's only 950 gold. Besides, it gives you free wards all the time, while being able to put two down at one time and has four uses. Also gives you quite the survivability that you so desperately need early game to be able to farm against most champions since you're a melee.

You can also escape ganks pretty easily with it and if you really want to be more tanky early game because you got ganked constantly, get ruby. From there on, damage items all the way.

Sightstone is just really good on her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's only 950 gold
    only 950
    only
    I want some of whatever you are having

You are using about 50 minions worth of CS to buy an item that offers no damage on a champion that's primary function is to bring damage to skirmishes

Lee gets away with it since he is often jungling and is able to make plays with his SS (Q Q W to a ward R enemy carry OP) but there is a reason that SS is not bought on Jax and Katarina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    I want some of whatever you are having

You are using about 50 minions worth of CS to buy an item that offers no damage on a champion that's primary function is to bring damage to skirmishes

Lee gets away with it since he is often jungling and is able to make plays with his SS (Q Q W to a ward R enemy carry OP) but there is a reason that SS is not bought on Jax and Katarina
    Read my post again. I was talking about survivability during lane phase.

Even so, it is a good item on her depending on how she's doing in lane. If you're fed, you obviously won't buy a SS.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-09-30 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Do you have any sources for this?

I always assumed this too but I never found anything about it, stating that at least.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's like that and works in ranked, then it would be really abused so I hope it doesn't work there assuming it does for other modes.
    According to the Wiki

When players are reported for "Unskilled Player", no tribunal case is made, however if the player is reported for being unskilled consecutively, their Match-Making-Rating will slightly drop. This does not affect ranked matchmaking or players ranked Elo/MMR. This option is mainly used as a placebo for players that are acting negatively towards their teammates.
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Report_function

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    That's hilarious!

Deleted

Even so, it is a good item on her depending on how she's doing in lane. If you're fed, you obviously won't buy a SS.
    So your reasoning is that a champ that relies on damage to be useful should delay their damage items since they are already doing bad?

If you are in such a hurry to become useless just straight out pick support katarina and don't give your team false hope

10+ Year Old Account
    950gold. 475 for a Ruby Crystal. Leaves enough gold for 6 wards and change.

Why on earth would you waste another 475 gold on a sightstone when the remainder of the cash will take care of your sight issues for the next 10 minutes, which likely is all of the laning phase?

And you can even turn that Ruby Crystal into a Haunting Guise, which will give you some defense and damage.

Deleted

No, it's not.

Your primary goal is to deal damage and become tank-ish.

Get Haunting Guise for HP and damage. Get a Giant's Belt if you need to be tanky and survive.

Do not buy Sightstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Majad is all about that Portuguese Katarina meta.
    Hey everyone

As a Katarina you rely on killing people and getting resets. I don't see a sightstone in the equation.

But hey, if it's your game style, go for it! (probably still better than AD Kata)

God dang its hard to find a semi casual team for ranked >_< Every damn team that seems good is already full

10+ Year Old Account
    Liking this Katarina buff to her ultimate.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    God dang its hard to find a semi casual team for ranked >_< Every damn team that seems good is already full
    Actually, i always thought that team should be able to have more than 5 players in it. Like, some people to pick from to play
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I will buy a SS if i'm playing Shen top though, since i'm already playing the support tanking initiator type of role for my team, wards and extra health is also useful.

And moreever, your support in games isn't like your typical asian support buying nothing but sightstone and wards. usually they will only get 1 ruby ss, therefore my extra ss will help. However if i'm top, i won't upgrade the SS though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    I will buy a SS if i'm playing Shen top though, since i'm already playing the support tanking initiator type of role for my team, wards and extra health is also useful.

And moreever, your support in games isn't like your typical asian support buying nothing but sightstone and wards. usually they will only get 1 ruby ss, therefore my extra ss will help. However if i'm top, i won't upgrade the SS though.
    You might end up having to do that anyways because your support happens to be a Nidalee that only builds AP. Even then, a Sightstone will set you so far behind assuming you're not a support-ish champ like Nunu, or a Lee Sin.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Dont bother with Ranked 5vs5 the matchmaking seems kinda borked.

We had 1 Diamond, 1 Plat, 1 Gold and 2 Silvers and get matched against almost full Diamond teams in our FIRST GAMES on a new team. I'd understand the 5th matchmaking game being like that but the first one? Really? Beat Diamonds 5 times to get placed in Gold V, yay!

Only good thing is that laning against diamond/high plat bot-lanes is really making me up my game as a Support :P Playing against Dia 1 Vayne and Plat 1 Tresh was an eyeopening experience to say the least. My yolo-que bot-lanes feel kinda easy after those games, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    You might end up having to do that anyways because your support happens to be a Nidalee that only builds AP. Even then, a Sightstone will set you so far behind assuming you're not a support-ish champ like Nunu, or a Lee Sin.
    Its ok, i run a shen top with teleport/flash. So i usually get quite a fair bit of assist gold from helping out in other lanes. That's where the 950 goes to and since i consider myself to be more of a support initiator role shen its fine for my built. Anyway late game, having more wards will never be a bad thing. especially if the jungler doesn't help to ward as well which i have no idea why.

And most of the time, i can rarely get a 1v1 kill all by myself at top lane especially when im facing the likes of garen, renekton etc. So it just becomes a boring farmfest anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Dont bother with Ranked 5vs5 the matchmaking seems kinda borked.
    Nope, it isn't. It matches you by the highest ranked player in your team. You had diamond player in your team, you get full diamond team against you. It would take too long to wait for "1 D, 1 P, , 1 G and 2 S" team to pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Nope, it isn't. It matches you by the highest ranked player in your team. You had diamond player in your team, you get full diamond team against you. It would take too long to wait for "1 D, 1 P, , 1 G and 2 S" team to pop up.
    Well shit.

That makes sense since it looks like our guys won the last 4 games (I was there for first win) during the night and got the team to Gold IV Our Diamond IV guy wasnt there for this team so from the looks of it they were matched against gold/plat players this time which equals easy wins

Now to just get Gold in 3vs3 and YoloQue and I'll have Gold in all 3 brackets