Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The biggest problem I have is with tanks that join then leave as soon as they get in. Either they didn't want to be there (often seen when they leave fresh runs), or don't want to be in a fail run (see determination stacks). They're accepting that they're going to get deserter, but it's easy enough to log an alt for 30 minutes.

I'd like to see deserter buffed to 1 hour and it doesn't run down when offline, might mitigate it somewhat.

Some people, mostly tanks from experience, maybe because they have instant queues, seem to queue up with the sole intention of leaving the group hanging and logging off.

Something needs to be done about the entire system, not a specific role, I think due to the nature of tanks queue being the shortest (and thus groups waiting on a role are waiting on tanks the longest), that it's just more noticeable with tanks. DPS leave all the time, but the spot is filled before you can blink so you don't notice it so often.
    The problem with this is that it will also have the effect like i said, of having tanks NOT WANT to LFR.

Deleted
    I want an 1 week deserter buff for any player who gets kicked twice during the same week. Might make players think more of afking (not that it's ever going to happen because afkers pay subscription too)

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.
    and how long do you think this time is if people got 7days deserter debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    I want an 1 week deserter buff for any player who gets kicked twice during the same week. Might make players think more of afking (not that it's ever going to happen because afkers pay subscription too)
    I would love a long debuff or feature ban for afking. That way if you have to say have dinner, walk the dog, and take out the trash you should probably leave the raid first. Of course you can't really fix the one button spam while watching tv problem which is far more prevalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    The problem with this is that it will also have the effect like i said, of having tanks NOT WANT to LFR.
    As I said, it's more noticeable with tanks, I didn't say that it should only apply to tanks, and the only tanks it would cause to not want to run LFR are those already bailing and getting deserter.

Deleted
    Or, I dunno, 1 day the first time, and if you get a deserter debuff again within a week, 7 days.

I would be fine with a long debuff for healers too.
    So you'd like tanks and healers get the debuff if they leave, resulting in even less tanks and healers queueing, resulting in longer wait times for you as a DPS either for a new run or a run in progress where someone leaves it. That seems logical.

I'm happy i dont need to do LFR anymore, since i'm done doing the legendary questline and my ToT gear is mostly superior to LFR SoO gear, and i dont have to play with LFR heroes like OP who do 50k DPS and dont care about fight mechanics whatsoever. Tank/healer here.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    So you'd like tanks and healers get the debuff if they leave, resulting in even less tanks and healers queueing, resulting in longer wait times for you as a DPS either for a new run or a run in progress where someone leaves it. That seems logical.
    I would rather they didn't queue at all than queue and leave before doing anything useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    It doesn't take 10-60 to replace a tank, what the hell are you on? The groups I'm in as a tank, and the other one leaves, then we wait like 2-3 min
    ADHS....for those it feels like generations 8-)

Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.
    GREAT IDEA!!! Make Tanks and Healers even LESS available. That will show them, and make way faster to replace. NOT!

Arrive in downtown Org. Tank goes berzerk, pulls all trash, teleports out. 15-20 minutes before people stop dying to the trash as they zone in.

Other tank was AFK. Kick after 14 minutes AFK.

20-30 minutes wait for more tanks. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. Both tanks leave.

Group slowly falls apart. Close enough to reset that LFR queues are probably broken now.

Yes, the ability to kick and ban more DPS would certainly have fixed all of these problems. Oh wait it would have fixed absolutely zero of them.
    I think you missed the part where it said "when things go WELL"
    Yes, the first tank pulling everything was an idiot, but what do you expect when queueing just before reset?
    Would giving out longer bans fix this however? Would players shape up and stop sucking, that is tanks, healers AND dps?
    You can't blame only the tanks when a group fails, it is just the impact on the progress is bigger when a tank leaves.
    Leaving itself says nothing, maybe the tank noticed that your group is unable to beat the boss and left instead of spending time and gold wiping.
    Last edited by banur; 2013-10-01 at 09:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    You can't blame only the tanks when a group fails
    No, I'm blaming the tank for leaving.

You can always move on with a couple of DPS or a healer missing. With a tank or two missing, ...?

So, when a tank leaves, I am in fact blaming only the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    GREAT IDEA!!! Make Tanks and Healers even LESS available. That will show them, and make way faster to replace. NOT!
    Very much this - I have the Balance/Guardian druid... and I'd rather cut off my male parts with a rusty spoon, than tank LFR, already.
    Each and every tanking-capable class also has a dps spec, so you'd have even more people speccing for that (sometimes not having dedicated gear, I guess), and happily, scratch that, relatively stress-lessly nuking away.

If you want more tanks in LFR, what could work is giving an incentive, not threatening with punishment... although frankly, the only thing that'd get me to do it, would be absolute control over the raid, muting people in chat, preventing them from attacking anything or moving forward/ahead of me (ninja pulls, yay), oh, and the ability to kick anyone on the spot - I don't like the color of your bracers' transmog? Well, you're out, because I decided it so (I wouldn't actually kick anyone for their transmog, but you get the idea :P ). Of course, it's not going to happen, but neither is me tanking LFR, with people's attitudes and stuff. And seeing the posts in this thread, I seem to not be the only one not doing it -ever-.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Kinda why my DK does only 5 mans and daily AoE farming as blood but for LFR I rather wait 15 mins longer and just dps....
    Same really, said druid I mentioned? I use his Guardian spec for 5 mans, soloing, and if a friend or guildie needs something tanked. LFR? Forget it.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2013-10-01 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with that long deserter or punishment for tanks. Even if one tank leaves for whatever the reason might be (lack of skill, getting fed up with the group), the wait time for new tank is very long. As a DPS, I get roughly 30 minute queue, get in, with missing tank, wait few more mins, wipe, get a new tank etc... All in all... punishing people doesn't solve anything.

If you'd punish people for that, then you'd get even longer wait times as people just don't want to queue up, cause they might be "locked" out from all other PvE LFD/LFR content.

I know it can get frustrating, had a LFR group like that last night, but I wouldn't punish people, just cause you had a bad experience.

Normie, your logic is broken m8 get help....

oh btw reroll tank is what the guy meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    some sort of actual punishment for repeat offenders would be a great way to incentivize people actually playing the game and not afking or trolling. Blizzard would have to work out a fair way to dole it out though, which might just be easier said than done.
    Hi

Alternatively, restrict anyone from leaving an LFR for at least an hour after joining it (still allow votekick for afks). Most of my queue problems are from tanks/healers joining an in-progress run and leaving straight away.

The obvious counter argument to this is "Oh if I've killed boss 3/4 but not 1/2 why should I have to stay if I get dropped in at boss 3 again?" and my answer to that is, in the long run you would be saving lots and lots of people a pain in the ass queue fiasco that lasts for hours of people leaving.

Another option would be to continue granting bags for multiple kills each week, just so if you're stuck repeating bosses you can still get some gold/mats/maybe loot etc.

Deleted
    But but don't hate on LFR guys and/or girls, it's a great tool for those who haven't got time to raid in a proper raiding guild right?..... <.< /sarcasm off

Deleted
    I don't have a problem with a tank voluntarily leaving after, say, 1-2 hours.

After 1 pull, no, that tank is seriously inconveniencing 24 other people, and shouldn't be able to use LFR for an extended period of time.
    Have fun having even less tanks then.

I don't have a problem with a tank voluntarily leaving after, say, 1-2 hours.

After 1 pull, no, that tank is seriously inconveniencing 24 other people, and shouldn't be able to use LFR for an extended period of time.
    After failing for 1-2hours on four bosses, I dare say it is the others inconveniencing the tank. Idc what the raid is, its LFR. If you hit the two hour mark (not even sure any bosses berserk timer is 10mins+) that's bad. Tanks like me have very little reason to hang out in lfr with you all. Most tanks worth anything usually have a raiding guild. Its not even worth it to valor cap for me since gear comes so slow id have enough just from raids to upgrade it.

So im sorry, but this is a horribly stupid idea. Tanks don't want to join as is. You do this you can pretty much say good bye to tanks in LFR.

Tanks and healers should also be required to make you a sandwich and keep their eyes shut during sex.