Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Worth playing again?

I recently stopped playing because of the extreme irritation of the 2nd LFR wing. Even though the proper tactics were being constantly "raid warning shouted", people still didn't listen. This was especially obvious on the General Nazgrim fight.

It got to the point where I started being genuinely angry. I didn't like how that made me feel so I got away from the game as quickly as possible. I've known from before with ToT that things always suck in LFR for the beginning period, but at the time that fact did not register. I just felt so angry at the incompetence of LFR; it is ever-present regardless, but that day was especially rage-inducing.

I didn't know what else to do but leave. Now I'm hesitant to even play again, knowing that LFR-incompetence, as well as the gear-treadmill thing, will still be present if/when I returned. Just wondering if it is worth returning to play WoW, or if I should not come back at all.

On a small note, I am aware of addons that can turn off the chatbox entirely. I guess a good chunk of the rage-inducing factor does stem from that insufferable tool when in LFR.

Deleted
    Simple, don't do LFR. Do Flex instead in more controlled enviroment.

Well the fact that LFR is not so forgiving (in terms of mechanics and death) as the patches came, it was awesome it made LFR cool again.
    Simple if you dont like to wipe with random people find a guild or some kind of community and raid normal or flex, and you can enjoy progress wiping ^^.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Flex'ing wing 2 before my recent quit. It infuriated me just as much as LFR, as I got a sucky group. They just wouldn't shut up, and their banter took just as long to listen to as an LFR queue time. By the time we did get into 2nd wing, we eventually got up to Nazgrim, but then wiped yet again multiple times. It was then that I got fed up and just left.

Deleted
    So you essentially have an issue with raiding with a group of strangers. LFR and Flex will always be this. Work your way into a Guild and start doing Normal raiding. If you don't have the time or dedication to do this, you have three options:

1. Don't do Flex or LFR.
    2. Put up with it.
    3. Quit.

It's also worth noting that the second wing is still brand new to everyone that plays Flex and LFR. You can't expect it all to be perfect. Look at how many times progression guilds are wiping on heroic content, it's probably more than you'll ever wipe in LFR of Flex. ToT, ToeS, HoF and MsV were the same at the start. People are learning the tactics, things will get nerfed, etc. If your only option is to do LFR/Flex then you need to be more tolerant with it.
    Last edited by mmoc317eece941; 2013-10-01 at 10:40 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in ToT, Durumu was a problem for me and many others. Eventually it got nerfed, and the content was passable. I know the same will happen with LFR, and I don't need to be a psychic to know wings 3 and 4 will be the same as wing 2 is now.

Putting up with it is doable, as is not playing again. LFR was ideal for me when it was introduced because I have never been able to meet strict raid times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you try do lfr with premade group via openraid. Can't believe it but tons of people join that kind of events on open raid site

Do you even need to ask? If you don't enjoy doing something, stop doing it, why do you need to ask someone else?

LFR 2 release what, a week ago? So you got mad at the incompetence of people, quit playing for a week(?), and now you're asking if it's worth playing. What? It's been a week, what do you expect to change? I just don't get it, LFR has been that way since it came out, nothing has changed.

You can always go find a flex group, it's basically LFR+ in a controlled environment.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-10-01 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I tried Flex'ing wing 2 before my recent quit. It infuriated me just as much as LFR, as I got a sucky group. They just wouldn't shut up, and their banter took just as long to listen to as an LFR queue time. By the time we did get into 2nd wing, we eventually got up to Nazgrim, but then wiped yet again multiple times. It was then that I got fed up and just left.
    Either stop "raiding" completely, or join a raiding guild. Pug-raiding is not for the feeble hearted :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Do you even need to ask? If you don't enjoy doing something, stop doing it, why do you need to ask someone else?

LFR 2 release what, a week ago? So you got mad at the incompetence of people, quit playing for a week(?), and now you're asking if it's worth playing. What? It's been a week, what do you expect to change? I just don't get it, LFR has been that way since it came out, nothing has changed.

You can always go find a flex group, it's basically LFR+ in a controlled environment.

1) It doesn't hurt to get other opinions. But it is true; I didn't enjoy going through LFR with such rife incompetence.
    2) Do I expect anything to change? Even if I did, I doubt it would. Haven't seen any blue posts about wing 2 nerfs yet. I guess I'm hopeful that some people out there would have adapted by now, and could surpass wing 2 with little trouble.
    3) I have been in a few Flex raids before. With the exception of the one mentioned in my last post, it was a good experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont ask permission for quitting something you dont like.

Just Do it.

OP, have you tried/liked the Battlefield: Barrens and/or Timeless Isle content? If so, you might consider trying Guild Wars 2. I made the switch and I'm not looking back. No more World of Queuecraft for me.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You quitted for a week and then asking if its worth playing again?

Wait, what?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    OP, have you tried/liked the Battlefield: Barrens and/or Timeless Isle content? If so, you might consider trying Guild Wars 2. I made the switch and I'm not looking back. No more World of Queuecraft for me.
    I have tried all three. However my interest with GW2, sadly, was short-lived. I don't know what it was, but something about it didn't click like it did with WoW.

EDIT: Rift too. That was good, but the temptation to spend oodles of money on micro-transactions was too easy.

1) It doesn't hurt to get other opinions. But it is true; I didn't enjoy going through LFR with such rife incompetence.
    2) Do I expect anything to change? Even if I did, I doubt it would. Haven't seen any blue posts about wing 2 nerfs yet. I guess I'm hopeful that some people out there would have adapted by now, and could surpass wing 2 with little trouble.
    3) I have been in a few Flex raids before. With the exception of the one mentioned in my last post, it was a good experience.
    Well then keep doing Flex Raids then(if you still even enjoy the game as a whole). The LFR nerfs are coming, they're always in denial about it as first, but a week or so later they usually nerf the bosses so the nightmare becomes more bearable.

The only reason you should be doing LFR at this point is for a laugh, there really is no other reason now that Flex is in the picture.

The only opinion that should matter to you is your own. If you don't enjoy an aspect of the game, stop doing it, if you don't enjoy the game, stop playing it, it's as simple as that.

This is what the community turns into when people aren't actually forced to learn boss mechanics anymore, or to improve their game-play to be able to find a group. Its sad :/

On a small note, I am aware of addons that can turn off the chatbox entirely. I guess a good chunk of the rage-inducing factor does stem from that insufferable tool when in LFR.
    You're assuming all those raid warnings are correct and on time. I find them extremely annoying, even if they are right. They get really bad when basic DBM stuff is mixed with insults, jokes and other nonsense.

I've seen many people pugging Flex on my server and even they are having trouble keeping tanks for the whole raid. It sounds like you're expecting too much from LFR. Taking a break might be a good idea. Plus, there's so much more to Wow than LFR, or raiding in general. Exploring what else Wow has can be really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR recently has put a sour taste in my mouth. Have to try flex, hopefully it injects some fun back into the game.
    Hi

I took 6 months off for the first time in well over.. Played for stupid amounts of time i think on all toons over 1000 days.

I came back 1 week before new patch. Things i noticed were after about 4hs a day 2-3 days a week i am now in all 535 kit most sockets filled with Flex raid kit 2/2 upgraded. The only upgrades for me now are from Flex / Normal / Heroic.

If you come back for LFR and messing about not much has changed you will burn out of content and max your gear quickly and only upgrades after a week or so of playing again will be from doing Flex raid of VP upgraded current timeless kit.

Remember this is the last raid of expan and we wont get a new expan anytime soon. Even if it takes you 2 months to max out and get bored of current content then you will be waiting a long long time for more.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried all three. However my interest with GW2, sadly, was short-lived. I don't know what it was, but something about it didn't click like it did with WoW.

EDIT: Rift too. That was good, but the temptation to spend oodles of money on micro-transactions was too easy.
    It might be worth coming back a few weeks after they have opened the final wing and everybody is used to the mechanics of the fight. The runs should be a bit easier.

Slightly OT but I am playing Rift exclusively at the moment and am enjoying it. Being a complete newb at the game brings back some of the feelings I had when I started playing WoW and the leveling definitely takes longer. As regards to micro-transactions, I just don't bother. Nothing is that important.