Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Everyone has those dungeons

You know you have them, those dungeons where you see you are going into them, your stomach turns, you curse the gods, you ask yourself who's cat you kicked in a previous life...........what dungeons just make you want to scream bloody murder? (Don't include Gnomer, everyone hates that place lol).......also as a side, what dungeons do you squeal like a little girl getting a pony when you enter?

The dungeons I scream at are Stonecore and and old school Sunken Temple, Occulos

The ones I love are all of the old classic dungeons, All the WOTLK dungeons other than Occ.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt that way whenever I got Halls of Reflection. Everyone and their mother would pull the stupid ghosts all over, then blame me when things were smashing them into pieces.

I even healed it with a 2800 GS once...

SM.......over and over and over and over.......need more variety at that level bracket

Shado-pan Monastary IMO is an exercise in masochism, to this day I will drop queue and eat the 30 minute timer than run it lol. Drak'tharon Keep, Utgarde keep, and Aucdunai Crypts (I probably misspelled a few of those lol) all put me to sleep as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shado-Pan Monastary is fun the first time, too long every time after that.

Others:
    Gnomeregan (pre-nerf)
    Dire Maul: Gordock Commons
    Blackrock Depths
    Black Morass
    Oculus
    Halls of Reflection (to this day the only dungeon I've never finished)
    Hour of Twilight
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I actually loved doing the DM Tribute runs - when it was first implemented it was a very fresh idea, nowadays nobody in my groups knows what those are lol. I do like Sunken Temple too, just because of the whole "huge dungeon tucked away where you wouldn't expect it" factor. One I forgot to mention from earlier - The Botanica.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I actually loved doing the DM Tribute runs - when it was first implemented it was a very fresh idea, nowadays nobody in my groups knows what those are lol. I do like Sunken Temple too, just because of the whole "huge dungeon tucked away where you wouldn't expect it" factor. One I forgot to mention from earlier - The Botanica.
    All of my groups just do it by default.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Grim Batol usually gets a bad rep in these threads but as a lock pre-nerf it was great. Banish + Fear on 2 separate mobs per pack, other people using reasonable CC too, going with your guild or people willing to look at raid markers. People spacing out their drake runs, and leading their targets. Encouraging proper play. Then it was ruined by Blizz caving in to the wailing of poor players.

Maraudon was the worst dungeon ever - as Alliance, you had no real reason to even go to the zone. It was a mess internally.

Blackrock Depths was okay to go to after a while of doing it, and you were going there for a specific reason, but a random group needing random destination was always horrible. My Oculus Heroic record was 7 minutes iirc. That, or requeue for 20 mins as dps... hmmmm...

grim batol in cata, it took too damn long, trying to get a daily random done was such a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Halls of Stone.
    Halls of Reflection
    Shado-Pan Monastery
    Halls of Origination
    Oculus
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

all the mop dungeons.
    So tired of running them so much to get VP capped. The only saving grace is I can solo them and it only takes around 10-20 minutes depending on how good the other dps are.
    Just leveled up a pally and doing non-heroic versions are just so extremely slow. Every pull took like 3-5 minutes.
    All the lower level dungeons are so easy nowadays I don't even really notice them.

I would agree on the Shado-Pan Monastery commentary. Or as I have dubbed it: House of a Thousand Adds

Though as the expansion has gone on it has become much less of an annoyance.

Deleted
    O CU L U S . The worst example of game design ever.

halls of reflection...i srsly hate that one...used to love violet hold(no moving at all as healer ) xD

The ones without any useable loot in them. Or the longer ones when all I want to do is get my 600 Shado-Pan rep and be done. I can't think of any dungeons I particularly despise just 'cause.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

In Cata (only time I played lol..) I'm on my Blood DK. It's late at night. DK isn't a raider but it has LFR gear and I know how to play it extremely well (for dungeon level, not for raids). Queue for satchel. Get Dead Mines. Look at party. "Omg these noobs aren't gonna do enough DPS to make this worth it..." "Fuck it." I'd leave and just take the debuff and not queue for satchel for a while.

It was torture.

Then earlier in Cata, that dungeon where the first boss is the chains guy. And then the boss after is some cult leader who transforms people into monsters. Omg, it was horrible. No one ever EVER knew how to stay in front of the lines and interrupt the channeling bullshit. We'd wipe. Tank would leave (I played Mage then). Noob as fuck DPS would stick around. I'd stay to fight it again, we'd fail and I'd leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Halls of Stone.
    Halls of Reflection
    Shado-Pan Monastery
    Halls of Origination
    Oculus
    plus all the MoP dungeons except the remake ones(Scarlet and Scholo)
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guide to doing LFD during your high 20s-low 30s :
    Step 1: Queue up
    Step 2: Hope you don't get sent to Gnomeregan
    Step 3: Get sent to Gnomeregan
    Step 4: Cry a lot.

Favorite dungeon is probably Vortex Pinnacle. I don't care about how easy or hard it is, or how long it takes, I just really dig the Skywall aesthetics.

On my paladin (holy), Halls of Reflection. It might just be because I was fairly new to holy paladin at the time, but I always had a hard time healing in that place unless it was a guild run. There were times that it felt pretty much impossible to keep up with all the damage going around in pugs.

Also, the first boss in Stonecore. I remember getting in a group that wiped for an hour because two of our DPS failed on the dolphin jump every time (and the one DPS smart enough to avoid it....didn't put out that much DPS). I actually got blamed for it near the end, because it's the healer's fault when you die to an avoidable mechanic that one shots you.

On my fury warrior, I hated pretty much every heroic at the beginning of Cataclysm because "sorry bro we need CC, gotta kick you" after waiting in queue forever. Once things got past that point, I can't think of any dungeon I particularly _hated_ on my warrior. I got really tired of Halls of Stone in Wrath just because I had this long streak where it was the dungeon I kept getting.

I actually enjoyed Oculus and don't understand why so many people hated it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-10-01 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Siege of Niuzao Temple. Grim Batol. Trial of the Champion. Old Hillsbrad Foothills. Blackrock Depths. Worst of each expansion for me personally.