Thread: Breaking T15

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    Honestly I plan on keeping my 4p till I get 4p t16 heroic as the loss of the 6.5% crit rate to pyroblast is kept huge given pyroblast was on average 40% of my dps this week.
    I believe the 4 piece T15 gives a +5% critical chance on Pyroblast. Not a guaranteed critical though. With the buff in stats you get from the 2 T16 pieces you get almost +2% critical strike overall, meaning you get more HU proc chance, more Pyroblasts, more damage. Isn't it correct? All you people that say that you change 4 piece bonus set T15 only for 4 piece T16, do you have any sims to prove it(I speak for fire only)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I believe the 4 piece T15 gives a +5% critical chance on Pyroblast. Not a guaranteed critical though. With the buff in stats you get from the 2 T16 pieces you get almost +2% critical strike overall, meaning you get more HU proc chance, more Pyroblasts, more damage. Isn't it correct? All you people that say that you change 4 piece bonus set T15 only for 4 piece T16, do you have any sims to prove it(I speak for fire only)?
    T15 4pc is 6.5% crit on pyro after CM. Also i believe most are talking about not breaking T15 Heroic for reg pices, so breaking a very good 4pc for a pretty good 2pc for only a 10 ilvl jump is not worth it. Now T15 Heroic 4pc to t16 heroic 2pc might be a different story.

Some arcane mages with 9 hc on progress have still tier 15. So if U are raiding normals and a couple hc just dont switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejn View Post
    Some arcane mages with 9 hc on progress have still tier 15. So if U are raiding normals and a couple hc just dont switch.
    No raid leaders are (shouldnt be) giving arcane mages any tier, our T15 4pc is so strong and all other vanq classes T16 set bounus are crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by Albuz92 View Post
    This topic just comes in the right moment. I'm fire mage, and just looted Ordos warforged legs. I have 530 tier legs equipped.. I didn't break the 4P tier yet, but i made some trials, and i do not notice great differences between the 2 gearing setups: 530 4P and 567 with broken 4P.

What do you think about it?

I have not any posts here yet so i cannot link u my armory. Just search for Albuz in EU-Well of Eternity (EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità)
    Had the same thing happen to me (except it was Warforged chest from ordos). Luckily i had a t15 head token chilling in the bank, so i was able to keep my 4piece and still use the warforged piece. Lost about .4% crit, but gained lots of int and haste. Didn't sim it, but I think it's worth it. Also, since it was the only fucking drop I've gotten so far this tier, i wanted to equip it, damnit! lol

Can anyone tell me if it is worth breaking the frost 4 set T 15? I have normal mode upgraded tier and got the flex chest last night that has hit/haste. I have read in the frost mage sticky that some frost mages aren't even wasting casting ice lance so I didn't know if the increased proc chance was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    Can anyone tell me if it is worth breaking the frost 4 set T 15? I have normal mode upgraded tier and got the flex chest last night that has hit/haste. I have read in the frost mage sticky that some frost mages aren't even wasting casting ice lance so I didn't know if the increased proc chance was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    For Frost? Break your 4P immediately.

Both 4P T15 and 4P T16 are extremely weak for Frost. 2P T15 is okay, but nothing amazing. 2P T16 is really good.

For Fire/Arcane, you should wait for your 4P T16, methinks. 6.5% Pyroblast crit is just too good to give up, as is 20% Arcane Charge effects.
    quote from page 1 of this thread. It pays to read before asking questions

Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the frost t16 2 pc is worth dropping t15 4pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    No raid leaders are (shouldnt be) giving arcane mages any tier, our T15 4pc is so strong and all other vanq classes T16 set bounus are crazy good.
    Agreed. I've been passing on mine. When we hit heroics, we'll see. Still, let's me hold a bargaining chip with the other dps. "I'll give you tier if you give me....."
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I am neither a mathematician nor am i part of a hardcore raiding guild but just by looking at both Zonker and Ataxus from Blood Legion it would seem as though they picked up T16 normal as fast as possible, both are always specced for fire (along with reforges and enchants etc.) so i would assume that it is a net DPS % increase to wear Tier 16, at least for fire. As i previously stated i am not a theorycrafter nor am i a heroic raider but just by looking at two of the worlds best 25m mages it would seem as though tier 16 is worth getting, for fire at least?

Edit: If i remember correctly i do believe that Ataxus dropped his heroic T15 4pc for T16 2pc pretty fast, i think it was in the first few days of the launch of 5.4. I may be wrong though, in this last statement and possibly even in my entire post.
    Last edited by matters; 2013-09-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    I am neither a mathematician nor am i part of a hardcore raiding guild but just by looking at both Zonker and Ataxus from Blood Legion it would seem as though they picked up T16 normal as fast as possible, both are always specced for fire (along with reforges and enchants etc.) so i would assume that it is a net DPS % increase to wear Tier 16, at least for fire. As i previously stated i am not a theorycrafter nor am i a heroic raider but just by looking at two of the worlds best 25m mages it would seem as though tier 16 is worth getting, for fire at least?

Edit: If i remember correctly i do believe that Ataxus dropped his heroic T15 4pc for T16 2pc pretty fast, i think it was in the first few days of the launch of 5.4. I may be wrong though, in this last statement and possibly even in my entire post.
    It's a combination of things. Firstly the 4 set of T15 is less good now cause of the combustion nerf. Same thing with the 2 set. Secondly the amount of crit they have, additional crit is less valuable and the 4 set of T16 buffs pyro crit rate as well. And it's more stats. Plus how they do first week of normals, they can afford to funnel gear to most mains..

For most mages out there however.. It's still worth sticking with T15 and gathering other pieces first and then just picking tiers as last. If you can however reach the item levels and gear that top raiders have atm, getting t16 is a viable option, just not as viable as weapon or trinkets and other vanq classes benefit more from t16 bonuses when comparing.

And it's 2 mages in 1 of the leading guilds in the world, saying something/someone is best only leads to arguments on these forums

Deleted
    So by reading the first two pages of this topic I found out that the tier 15 (2) set bonus is not that superior for a frost mage.
    Now yesterday I had this shoulder drop; http://www.wowhead.com/item=103857

Currently I'm still wearing my (2) set bonus of tier 15 but I can't help myself wondering I have to equip my new shoulders or not, altho the (2) set bonus might not be superior is it still good enough to ignore the shoulders?

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...artex/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    the 4pc of t16 is absolutely incredible for fire, and you should be aiming for it ASAP. the number of pryoblast crits is simply absurd.

last week's logs bosses 1-10
    81% of my pyroblasts were critical hits. i have a 67% chance to crit after critcal mass before int procs.
    Last edited by elpadrino293; 2013-09-30 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Unfortantly there are two things to take in consideration:

1) I'm frost, not fire ^^
    2) The Shoulder are non-tier 16

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    the 4pc of t16 is absolutely incredible for fire, and you should be aiming for it ASAP. the number of pryoblast crits is simply absurd.

last week's logs bosses 1-10
    81% of my pyroblasts were critical hits. i have a 67% chance to crit after critcal mass before int procs.
    Did you chagne your rotation at all with the new 4 set? Or do you still do the standard fireball > inferno blast > save pyro proc till HU+HS? Also do you try keep the 2 set up at weird situations such as, you got 5 stacks and have dotted and you have HS+HU but only 1 sec left so no time to fireball. Would you just pyro to keep it going or build up the stacks again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlooo View Post
    Did you chagne your rotation at all with the new 4 set? Or do you still do the standard fireball > inferno blast > save pyro proc till HU+HS? Also do you try keep the 2 set up at weird situations such as, you got 5 stacks and have dotted and you have HS+HU but only 1 sec left so no time to fireball. Would you just pyro to keep it going or build up the stacks again.
    i'm sticking to the standard rotation for the most part, banking HS until HU also. when i have a decent amount of INT procs, i will fire a second pryo! after my fb/p! combo so that i can use inferno blast directly thereafter for another fiery adept proc. ie fireball > inferno blast > fireball > pryoblast! > fireball> pryoblast! > pyroblast! > inferno blast > fireball > pyroblast!... i look for opportunities to use inferno blast after a mage bomb or evocation cast as well. i don't pay much attention to keeping the 2pc at high stacks, it kind of just happens naturally when you're doing fb/p! combos, but i will attempt to refresh a bomb with a short duration or multidot with living bomb when i'm at 5 stacks for the additional tick of living bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    quote from page 1 of this thread. It pays to read before asking questions
    To be fair, I didn't have too much of a clue with 4P T16 for Arcane (which I now correct to Heroic 4P T16, assuming you're focusing mostly on ST DPS and not Multidotting, and your 4P T15 was all Heroic as well). Fire, I would imagine the 6.5% Pyro crit is still too good compared to the "meh" stuff you get now.

I will stand by my statement in saying that 4P T16 Frost is garbage though, as is 4P T15, and the moment you can, break it for your 2P T16 as it's so incredible and makes Haste scale even better.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire, I would imagine the 6.5% Pyro crit is still too good compared to the "meh" stuff you get now.
    clearly not reading again. t16 > t15 by a large margin.

Fire, I would imagine the 6.5% Pyro crit is still too good compared to the "meh" stuff you get now.
    How is a 100% pyro crit buff that is exploitable with alter time and over the course of the fight ends up giving more crit then our 4pc T15 - a "meh" bonus?

Deleted
    Lots of ideas floating about. I'm just going to pass my predicament along. Currently I have 4pc t15 HC (2/2 upgraded) and 4pc t16, 1 heroic (chest), rest normal (all 2/2 upgraded). To me, it seems that the raw stats and some good RNG will make my t16 quite better than t15. Once I get my hands on Immerseus trinket I'm going Fire for sure.

Also, even without Immerseus trinket, is it worth going fire as it is? T16 has a LOT of crit on it and the 4pc is amazing (most of my items are also fire optimised since ToT heroic).

Thoughts?