10+ Year Old Account

Pets/Guardians and Nazgrim' Rage- Final Answer?

I'm looking for a definitive answer as to whether or not different types of pets and guardians contribute to rage gain on Nazgrim when attacking into defensive stance. I have seen a lot of conflicting info out there, and am hoping MMO champ can yell loudly enough to support one side of this argument so that I can have some confidence in the conclusion. I have heard some say no pets add rage. Some say that uncontrollable pets do not but controllable pets do. Some say all pets do.

So, riddle me this, Batman:

Hunter pets: ?
    Lock minions: ?
    Mage elemental: ?
    DK Ghoul: ?
    Enhance Feral Spirits: ?
    Shaman Fire/Earth Ele totems: ?
    Shaman Primal Fire/Earth Ele totems: ?

Seeking answers for any/all of these pet/guardian types...
    "Brevity is...wit"

The boss gains no extra rage from pets/guardians. If you got the sunder debuff (That goes on the tank) does not give rage. Only player attacks do it.

None of my hunter pets gave rage (pet, Dire Beast, Stampede). Kill Command DOES give rage; even though the pet is doing the damage, it counts as a player ability.

Locks have said none of their pets give rage. Lock dots (as Aff anyways) do not give rage either.

I don't know about the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Locks have said none of their pets give rage. Lock dots (as Aff anyways) do not give rage either.
    DoTs that don't do initial damage don't give rage. Vampiric Touch doesn't give rage, but Shadow Word: Pain does for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do DoTs with initial damage continue to give rage per tick though? Or is it just that initial damage that triggers the effect?

Surely only the initial tick, otherwise dot classes would be totally fucked on this fight. That also matches up with the idea that dots which don't do initial damage add no rage.

As for pets, I've seen hunter pets attacking and his rage wasn't increasing. That's not definitive, but I don't believe they do.

To the guy that said the tank debuff allows you to do damage to him - that's not true. I start increasing his rage as soon as the other tank taunts off of me. Only his current aggro target does not generate rage when attacking him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    To the guy that said the tank debuff allows you to do damage to him - that's not true. I start increasing his rage as soon as the other tank taunts off of me. Only his current aggro target does not generate rage when attacking him directly.
    From the dungeon journal:

Attacks by players affected by Sundering Blow do not cause Nazgrim to generate Rage.
    Both our tanks attack him and he doesn't gain extra rage. Are you sure Sunder hadn't fallen off?

Pets do not. The application of the dot do whether they do damage or not. Ticks afterwards do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Pets do not. The application of the dot do whether they do damage or not. Ticks afterwards do not.
    This seems to contradict every other response, any proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    From the dungeon journal:

Both our tanks attack him and he doesn't gain extra rage. Are you sure Sunder hadn't fallen off?
    Sunder hasn't fallen off but I did only notice it in flex. Perhaps it was someone else attacking the boss at the same time so it just appeared to be me. I'll admit I noticed it, didn't see fireballs, so I assumed it was me and never tested it again.

Lol, ppl in my raid kept flipping: dude your pets attacking it!

From what we've seen:

DoTs placed on the boss prior to transition to Defensive don't give rage once he's switched stances -- our guys DoT him up just before the switch
    DoTs placed on the boss after transition to Defensive DO give rage

Pet attacks do not give rage UNLESS it's player-specific-activated pet abilities, ie: Kill Command