Deleted

[Balance] Awfully weak DPS within low item levels, when compared to others

Hey,

I am really getting frustrated with my DPS. I just can't pull enough to compare with others. I've read every guide in the forums and I'm strictly trying to live up to them. I tried reforging into the hast cap, didn't help at all - maybe even made my DPS even lower! In LFR/flex I see weaker item level people doing way more dps than me.

My priority:
    Use cooldown when they come off CD

1. Maintain both dots on target
    2. Starsurge + Starsurge procs, interrupt (starfire/wrath) casting if it pops before mid-cast
    3. Wrath in Solar, Starfire in Lunar

Start rotation (use starsurge procs as they come):
    Faerie Fire
    1. Get into 25 pre-lunar
    2. Pop Starfall
    3. Starsurge
    4. Throw dots, the "weaker" first
    5. Spam Starfire untill starfall falls
    6. Pop another starfall
    7. Pop Celestial Alignment
    8. Refresh dots with Moonfire
    9. Spam Starfire
    10. Pop third starfall that came with celestial alignment
    11. Refresh dots before Celestial Alignment runs out

Now. I am trying my everything and I end up average 97k while DPSing non-heroic totem (with my own buff). I perform WAYYY better DPS with all of my other toons near same ilvl, or even lower item levels!

What's wrong, or is the gear scaling for balance really poor?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B6rri/simple

EDIT:
    I've tried to reforge all my 2nd cap haste back into crit like the askmrrobot says, but actually it didn't help at all.
    While I'm stuck in 90-100k DPS, I see weaker players doing 150k easily. And honestly - I think that with 526 ilvl I should easily be doing over that.
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-10-03 at 08:06 AM.

Deleted
    First of all balance is kinda gear dependant. That said you are not 'low' geared where boomkin would be not competitive.

About your talents, don't use Inc/Hotw as combo. Go for Inc/Doc for multi and Treants/Hotw for pure single target.

You went for the last haste breakpoint pretty early, some would say to early. It also makes your haste trinket completely useless most of the time. Changing to the 5k+ breakpoint and dumping the rest into crit will most likely give you a dps increase, however it won't be the huge boost you are looking for.

For you rotation: where are your talents in there?

If you start pre lunar, you should prepot, starfall, wrath, Inc, dot, get out of lunar, pop CA, make sure you dot before you leave it. Scrap FF, its not any dps gain for you to apply it.

Besides that not having the meta and cloak hurts alot obviously. I have an alt who is alittle lower then your boomkin and i had no issue maintaining 150k dps in raids. It seems you need to work on your rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscam View Post
    First of all balance is kinda gear dependant. That said you are not 'low' geared where boomkin would be not competitive.

About your talents, don't use Inc/Hotw as combo. Go for Inc/Doc for multi and Treants/Hotw for pure single target.
    I tried Doc, but with half-capped haste it was a total drudgery and hard casting healing touch caused me to drop off dots way too early. Prolly will go back to Treants (it didn't seem much of a dps increase).

You went for the last haste breakpoint pretty early, some would say to early. It also makes your haste trinket completely useless most of the time. Changing to the 5k+ breakpoint and dumping the rest into crit will most likely give you a dps increase, however it won't be the huge boost you are looking for.
    I should totally switch the trinket, but I'm having really bad luck with trinkets. Do you think timeless trinket would be far better, even though lower item level?

For you rotation: where are your talents in there?
    I pop Incarnation with Celestial Alignment. Other than that, It's pretty much use them as soon as you can.

If you start pre lunar, you should prepot, starfall, wrath, Inc, dot, get out of lunar, pop CA, make sure you dot before you leave it. Scrap FF, its not any dps gain for you to apply it.
    This is exactly what I do, except for potting. Except, I'm casting starsurge instead of wrath in the beginning. It gets me to lunar eclipse like wrath does.

Besides that not having the meta and cloak hurts alot obviously. I have an alt who is alittle lower then your boomkin and i had no issue maintaining 150k dps in raids. It seems you need to work on your rotation.
    I did see an arms warrior with similiar item level do great dps, but then I watched his top damaging ablities and his legendary cloak damage was in 2nd place!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having meta gem helps A LOT! In my opinion 10296 haste breakpoint is a must if you can maintain 6k+ crit. If you are testing it on a dummy, ask any mage to buff you up. (Boomkins are very heavy crit dependent). HOTW + INC is ok if u starting with boomie then the DoC is not a big dps gain neither the treants (which are actually good on heavy movment fights). Just make sure to utilize every Global Cooldown. (button spamming to deal with input lag). You don't have to maintain 100% dot uptime. It is advisable to not refresh dot if you have like 1 cast to new eclipse and you natures grace is about to fall. You dont have to stopcast on your starsurge proc.

And actually without a crit buff and legendary metagem we are just very bad class.

It is also very important to align you celestial aligment with the trinket procs, BL etc.

Our sustain is bad, but our burst is very strong. And when we are able to align CA with trinkets, bl, meta gem procs, free pre pull shrooms we can pull really good numbers.

And yes, we just scale better then others and we are balanced around 550-560 ilvl. So on ilvls <540 most of the classes will be better then us...

Deleted
    You really need a better weapon. And you have alot of Timeless gear, which is actually really bad - Balance Druids scale alot off of secondary stats, but Timeless gear with only one secondary stat has less total secondaries than normal gear with 2 stats. You should also look into replacing the Valor trinket asap.

The Legendary Meta gem will increase your DPS by alot aswell. And you should get to work on 2 professions - the current best are Tailoring and Engineering, but cheapest would probably be Alchemy and Inscription.

Ok so, you must not use starsurge in the beginning to get into lunar because you must use it in the lunar itself after u apply dots. The reason why is that it scales with the lunar and will do more dmg, just simply use 1 wrath or astral communion. As for the thing you use inc with celestial together-thats wrong in lunar eclipse! On pull, the moment u enter lunar, use inc cast your dots, go for starsurge and etc etc till you are out of lunar and then use celestial. Doing it by that way you wont waste much of your incarnation because if you are using them both in lunar eclipse and your haste is at the first cap you will go slow into solar and you will waste a lot of your inc. When i was low geared i was doing it first inc and when im out of lunar celestial. Also, dont use doc with that low haste and last, i recommend using inc+hotw/nv if you are at the 1st haste cap

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    I did see an arms warrior with similiar item level do great dps, but then I watched his top damaging ablities and his legendary cloak damage was in 2nd place!
    Arms is one of worst scalling class in game (simmilar to dks). On ilvls ~510 it will beat you even with 20 ilvl less.

DOC without 10k haste breakpoint and without a legendary metagem is just plain awful.

You have a lot of timeless gear with only 1 secondary stat bloating your ilvl while in reality your ilvl is lower than it shows. 535 timeless gear has similar intellect and slightly more secondary stats than gemmed 528 LFR gear, but when it only has one secondary stat it is actually much worse than 528 gear.

97k sounds a bit low for you gear and given the very lackluster description of what you're doing in the fight I'm going to go ahead and assume it's just a lack of knowledge. Read the 5.4 Boomkin guide to make sure you're doing everything right. If you're still unsure afterwards get some logs and post in the Fix My DPS Thread for help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    97k sounds a bit low for you gear and given the very lackluster description of what you're doing in the fight I'm going to go ahead and assume it's just a lack of knowledge. Read the 5.4 Boomkin guide to make sure you're doing everything right. If you're still unsure afterwards get some logs and post in the Fix My DPS Thread for help.
    TL;DR: Go read the guide, noob. (Did I get this right?)

I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but in my point of view it just seems your intentions are unclear.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'm working on the Legendary questline and hopefully I'll be able to replace most of my Timeless items along with my valor point trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-10-03 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    TL;DR: Go read the guide, noob. (Did I get this right?)

I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but in my point of view it just seems your intentions are unclear.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, I'm working on the Legendary questline and hopefully I'll be able to replace most of my Timeless items along with my valor point trinket.
    No he's saying that "you haven't given us much info about your problems. Go read the guide because that should help you with your dps."
    If you feel like he's insulting you, you are just interpreting it wrong.

One thing you can improve however (looking at the info you provided) is not necessarily using your cooldowns on cd. In an 8 min fight, you'll be able to use your major cooldowns 3 times, and have two minutes to spare. That means you don't have to use your cooldowns immedeately when they are ready, but can wait for perfect conditions or trinket procs. Just make sure you do get to use those cooldowns 3 times and don't delay them too much.

I feel your pain, once you get more 'raid' type gear (gem slots etc), you'll notice higher numbers. I'd drop back to the 5k bp also, your crit seems too low.

The majority of druids were going for the 10k bp when we hit 30% crit unbuffed, and your well off that.

Lastly, your trinkets arent that bad imo, but arguably there are alot better but fingers crossed for something from LFR for you.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    No he's saying that "you haven't given us much info about your problems. Go read the guide because that should help you with your dps."
    If you feel like he's insulting you, you are just interpreting it wrong.

One thing you can improve however (looking at the info you provided) is not necessarily using your cooldowns on cd. In an 8 min fight, you'll be able to use your major cooldowns 3 times, and have two minutes to spare. That means you don't have to use your cooldowns immedeately when they are ready, but can wait for perfect conditions or trinket procs. Just make sure you do get to use those cooldowns 3 times and don't delay them too much.
    Well that must be the case. I just get frustrated when I read the guides word by word, both icy veins and mmo-champ. Then I work with them as well as I can and try to find fitting solutions. Then someone suggests that I did not read the guides gives me a head ache. I will post some logs if I'm not too depressed with my DPS tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    I feel your pain, once you get more 'raid' type gear (gem slots etc), you'll notice higher numbers. I'd drop back to the 5k bp also, your crit seems too low.

The majority of druids were going for the 10k bp when we hit 30% crit unbuffed, and your well off that.

Lastly, your trinkets arent that bad imo, but arguably there are alot better but fingers crossed for something from LFR for you.
    Thanks! I appreciate you crossing fingers for me!

Deleted
    I feel you. With 5.4 changes I've found myself at the bottom of dps chart in my group with ilvl 540ish even though I was top3 in 5.3. Now, with ilvl555 and finally being comfortable with DoC playstyle I'm back at the top. So no worries, gear is important but you will get it eventually.

Deleted
    All your pieces of advice has helped me towards of being better Doomkin! Hopefully I will be able to help others with my knowledge I have gained from your tips!