10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Not to mention they were offerred full raid-spots, one accepted (Logoz) & one declined, but no one seems to say that part

It's better than the other guilds that over-recruited mages with no intention of keeping them after Spine, and used solely for their legendaries.
    What about http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...68:15068:a6115 is that Zoomkins mage alt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    did you guys not use you're rogue and hunter to do it? I'm not sure if you went over it in an earlier post or not. i just find it pretty difficult to see any other way on 10man heroic right now.

edit: though i guess the enrage isn't to insane maybe.
    It's easily possible using the pipes. We had well over half a minute to spare for enrage on the first week and we had two separate groups for the belt.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I hope midwinter beats BL to garrosh
    There is a huge audience intensely awaiting who turns out to be world (excluding Asia) #2.

Or maybe world (excluding Asia) #3. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    There is a huge audience intensely awaiting who turns out to be world (excluding Asia) #2.

Or maybe world (excluding Asia) #3. Not sure.
    Well if you're excluding asia getting the next kill, surely it goes to reason you exclude asia getting the first kill... not to mention that this the 25man race being talked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    both strats take out all of the bosses mechanics.
    i really don't care if blizzard bans them or not, its a blatant exploit.

again i will ask, but word it differently for you.. how do you not consider this an exploit.
    The fact that you are not doing anything extra, I personally would group this as a bug as you as a player are not doing anything extra. the boss himself does not melee. Bug got fixed, people moved on. You can call it w/e you want, its your opinion, it does not matter... If blizzard does not mark it as an exploit, who are you or me to say it is?

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    If blizzard does not mark it as an exploit, who are you or me to say it is?
    Reasonable human beings with functioning brains?

It's the very definition of an exploit, using something unintended to gain an unfair advantage. The fact that Blizz turned a blind eye to it doesn't make it any less of an exploit. Anyway, the guild(s) that did this kinda reached their skillcap didn't they?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Reasonable human beings with functioning brains?

It's the very definition of an exploit, using something unintended to gain an unfair advantage. The fact that Blizz turned a blind eye to it doesn't make it any less of an exploit. Anyway, the guild(s) that did this kinda reached their skillcap didn't they?
    Well blizzard bans and loot/achievements removals are the only possible punishment for this kind of exploits, so it kinda makes sense.
    A ban would mean they actually cheated, a fix sounds like blizzard saying "Ooops, my bad".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    No we didnt use the "exploit" although we thought about it when we got him the second time. After all we decided not to, dont wanna risk anything and we got a good plan for the rotation of dpsers up there it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    It's easily possible using the pipes. We had well over half a minute to spare for enrage on the first week and we had two separate groups for the belt.
    ah i see, thanks for clearing that up.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

both strats take out all of the bosses mechanics.
    i really don't care if blizzard bans them or not, its a blatant exploit.

again i will ask, but word it differently for you.. how do you not consider this an exploit.
    Standing under boss = exploit. Rofl

Imo its only an exploit when you need 3rd party tools to do it. Anything else is fail from devs/testers and should not be punished by bans (item rollback in extreme cases, not someting stupid like this).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post

Imo its only an exploit when you need 3rd party tools to do it. Anything else is fail from devs/testers and should not be punished by bans (item rollback in extreme cases, not someting stupid like this).
    Do you think it was intended to avoid all boss-mechanics by simply standing under it? And you dont think thats exploiting a unintended bug? People have lost their abilities to think it seems.

Deleted
    Imo its only an exploit when you need 3rd party tools to do it. Anything else is fail from devs/testers and should not be punished by bans.
    So Exodus Yogg0 kill was legit after all...

Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    So Exodus Yogg0 kill was legit after all...

sure was

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do you think it was intended to avoid all boss-mechanics by simply standing under it? And you dont think thats exploiting a unintended bug? People have lost their abilities to think it seems.
    Probably not intended, though afaik blizz said ppl dont usually find the optimal ways to kill bosses. This seems like a case where ppl did.
    Monk bug in ToT didn't get punished and that allowed for full clears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    I think I can't remember a "race" stagnating for so long. No new kills on top in the last 2 nights, still 3 guilds at 13/14 on 10m, and 5 on 25m... and everyone else follows.
    They obviously slowed down a bit, but looks to me everyone hit their skillcap block there, and need to overgear the fight: they had many hours of tries last week plus an entire lockout worth of gear.
    Those last 3 bosses are brutal... Oh the drama possibilities! Guild-killing spree incoming.
    This is a very relevant point...in any previous race, there would have been a bunch of guilds getting to 12/14 and 13/14 now that they got more gear. Of course, more kills will come, it's just unusually slow.

It's particularly funny in the 10-man bracket. You have guilds from Finland/Finland/Sweden who are the only ones able to push 13/14 (maybe you need to live north enough to have the required skill, don't know ). Then you have 3 German guilds (and only them) who are able to push 12/14. And then the rest of the US/EU- servers on 11/14 tops.

Deleted
    This is the point where clever use of game mechanics and exploits come into play.

Look back at the world first KJ kill.
    The world first 25 HM Nef (BWD)
    Leo the blind, tanking with a warlock to ignore p2. again you ignore 100% of what the boss does for that whole phase.

Even ra-den..you ignore everything at 40% and just dps the boss. you are "ignoring a boss mechanic" or using a player ability to bypass a boss ability.

Rogue vanish in Wrath? professor putricide?
    Hunters snake traps

It may be a type of exploit but if you dont get banned for it, fuck all anyone can do about it but rule it as "clever use of game mechanics"

World 2nd Garrosh 25 heroic kill by Star/Keahoarl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by linyucobet View Post
    Now only thing left is US 25 1st

Deleted

An exploit is when you use a bug to your advantage.
    The boss not doing ANYTHING when you position yourself correctly is a bug.
    If you use that bug, you are exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Now only thing left is US 25 1st
    And west 1st 10man

Quote Originally Posted by linyucobet View Post
    No mentions of it anywhere.
    UPD: Seen the killshot.
    Last edited by Megraam; 2013-10-03 at 11:49 AM.