Malkorok: Managing Ancient Miasma healing with Grid2

Hey everyone,

We just killed Malkorok the other day and i found the healing debuff was a little difficult to track. I use GRID2 for healing, and i was wondering if there is anyone that has managed to track the amount of healing (like you would your normal HP) using a different color as an overlay on your HP?

This would allow me to view the shields as a normal health bar - just as a overlay in a different higlighted colour over the HP bar.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Blizzard did quite a good job showing this info already. The shield is displayed as a debuff, and its color changes based on the amount it absorbs (green = 100%, yellow >= 50%, red < 50% or something like that). Also the tooltip always shows the exact absorb amount.

Personally, I found the colors to be enough to track the shields, but I'm sure this also works with the cumulated absorb display mods (don't know the name of the Grid one).

How were you treating absorbs on Tortos? This is no different (well, actually a lot easier).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    Blizzard did quite a good job showing this info already. The shield is displayed as a debuff, and its color changes based on the amount it absorbs (green = 100%, yellow >= 50%, red < 50% or something like that). Also the tooltip always shows the exact absorb amount.

Personally, I found the colors to be enough to track the shields, but I'm sure this also works with the cumulated absorb display mods (don't know the name of the Grid one).

How were you treating absorbs on Tortos? This is no different (well, actually a lot easier).
    I am using the blizzard frames at the moment but I would prefer to have all the tracking done on grid and as a dynamic bar (if possible). I just think I can be more efficient healing with that setup.

As for tortos I used a WA for myself and just rolled EF on everyone. Didn't like the "not knowing exactly how much to heal" aspect both then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanec View Post
    I am using the blizzard frames at the moment but I would prefer to have all the tracking done on grid and as a dynamic bar (if possible). I just think I can be more efficient healing with that setup.

As for tortos I used a WA for myself and just rolled EF on everyone. Didn't like the "not knowing exactly how much to heal" aspect both then and now.
    Our healers just turned on the debuf icons for Weak, Strong, and Normal. (Green, Red and orange) and had it appear on Grid/Vuhdo, once you see the green one you know you can chill with the healing. An overlay bar would be a nice idea though, there must be a way to do it in Grid2 custom options somewhere. (i'll check and see if I can do it)

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    tortos had a separate buff when the target's shield was at 100%, so it was really, really easy to see who wasn't yet full. are you saying this encounter has something similar? we're working on this tonight, so i'm trying to figure out the same thing as the OP.

With a bit of playing I was able to get the shields to show up as an overlay but only when people are below 100% HP. If it can track this there must be a way of showing up the shields all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Raid Debuffs --> Malkorok --> Ancient Miasma --> Show?
    More specifically, show Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier and Strong Ancient Barrier

Quote Originally Posted by Kryshy View Post
    With a bit of playing I was able to get the shields to show up as an overlay but only when people are below 100% HP. If it can track this there must be a way of showing up the shields all the time.
    Please explain how you managed to get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    Our healers just turned on the debuf icons for Weak, Strong, and Normal. (Green, Red and orange) and had it appear on Grid/Vuhdo, once you see the green one you know you can chill with the healing. An overlay bar would be a nice idea though, there must be a way to do it in Grid2 custom options somewhere. (i'll check and see if I can do it)
    How'd you do this on Vuhdo? It would be extremely helpful to me. I had to look at the default frames then try and match that with the player on VD and it was a massive pain.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    I managed to get it to work, though it's for all absorbs:

I created a new bar-indicator, selected both Absorb-below and -above-maxHP as statuses, and absorb-total as color. Then I put the bar height to 0, so it's same height as the frame, and frame level above health, but below mana (so it doesn't overwrite mana bars if you have them displayed).

This way, all absorbs get overlayed over the health bar in whatever color you chose to set for absorb-total. As I'm a shaman and I just set it up, I could only test it with the Megaera trinket so far, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work with everything.

Deleted
    There's a Malkorok addon for Grid that makes the process effortless

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    How'd you do this on Vuhdo? It would be extremely helpful to me. I had to look at the default frames then try and match that with the player on VD and it was a massive pain.

Got to Debuffs --> Custom Debuffs
    Add them (Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier, Strong Ancient Barrier) manually assigning them a bar colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    Add them (Weak Ancient Barrier, Ancient Barrier, Strong Ancient Barrier) manually assigning them a bar colour.
    Did not know you could do this. Will be extremely helpful, thanks.

that's exactly what i ended up doing. wasted a few pulls on our first kill because vuhdo didn't have the weak/strong versions built in. be sure to check the box to change the bar to a custom color and pick something obvious for each level. weak > normal > strong.

I'm running VD 3.7. It lets me manually type in the name but I cannot change the bar color and it does not appear to save when I enter it even after hitting apply. Is there a spot I should see them?

Nevermind, missed the save button. Durp.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had trouble with it as well, I couldn't get it to show after arsinga round for 15 minutes. I just went back to Grid 1 and added it manually.