Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flex still requires an organised group to start with, and still someone in charge who can set requirements potentially excluding someone who knowingly cannot commit to a full raid.
    That is why LFR is still necessary, the very reasons why LFR exists in the first place.

Your spot in Flex is still dependant on the willingness of others, which given the absolute need for the LFR format is simply not as forthcoming as it should be.

Flex still ensures the possibility of "Full raid or GTFO".
    The community forced the need for LFR, and the continued poor attitudes of those bashing LFR ensure its continued inclusion in the game.
    Ironic that those complaining most about a feature are the very reason it exists.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-04 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    Yes. If you hate LFR just don't do it, why take away options. The amount of people who would become better players because of such change would be marginal compared to the number of people who would just not raid at all.

LFR still serves its purpose. I like to log onto an alt every now and again, and be able to queue up for LFR without having to worry about finding a group or jumping into vent.

As I said in some of my other posts, I think despite what Blizzard says, they want to push LFR, and LFR style gameplay out (they've wised up finally). But, they're going to be doing it very slowly.

I think if LFR isn't completely removed next EXP, it will be at least, dramatically redesigned/made optional.

Holy cow, if you don't like some part of the game, dont do it. Each mode provides a spot for someone in the game, I'm sure I'm missing people, but just off the top of my head:

LFR - People who can't commit to the large or regular time sinks or arent in a guild that raids. Even a PuG group is going to be a couple hours typically. LFR lets them see the content. Blizzard has said they want to make more penalties for people who are there to just give other people a hard time, but its not going away.

Flex - People who want to play the game with their friends while not being tied to a strict schedule, hence you can do it with a myriad number of people

Reg Progression - A step up in difficulty from Flex, a little harder to organize

Heroic - For those who really enjoy raiding often and have put the time into being decent.

Deleted
    I would like to see it removed, but not because I hate casuals seeing content. I want it gone, because the whole raiding model is overcomplicated, too many modes and sizes.

I'd like to see:

Flex (10 - 25 people)
    Normal 15 people
    Heroic 15 people

But because Blizzard said 10 mans are not in danger of going anywhere, I can settle with normals and heroics being 10 man. Just having these 3 clear difficulties/modes would make raiding much more appealing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the flex technology should be expanded upon to encompass all normal mode raiding but i believe heroic raiding should be left as is and maybe tuned up to be a little harder than currently is.
    Hi

People who are saying that LFR should stay are ridiculous and just Blizzard fanboys.

Flex is perfect for people like me who get out of work and have time to kick around playing WoW. Newsflash: You don't have to do the FULL RAID, there's wings. If you don't have time to do a wing of flex in 45 mins to an hour, you shouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.

And if you complain about not getting into a flex, chances are either

1.) you're a bad player who doesn't know their class

2.) don't gem/enchant their gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    People who are saying that LFR should stay are ridiculous and just Blizzard fanboys.

Flex is perfect for people like me who get out of work and have time to kick around playing WoW. Newsflash: You don't have to do the FULL RAID, there's wings. If you don't have time to do a wing of flex in 45 mins to an hour, you shouldn't be playing an MMO to begin with.

And if you complain about not getting into a flex, chances are either

1.) you're a bad player who doesn't know their class

2.) don't gem/enchant their gear
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think the flex technology should be expanded upon to encompass all normal mode raiding but i believe heroic raiding should be left as is and maybe tuned up to be a little harder than currently is.
    Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2013-10-04 at 05:54 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    LFR offers no pets, no mounts, no titles, no special achievements, no legendary quest (or other raid quest) opportunities, it's simply about basic gear for players that don't have time or interest in organised raiding and never be considered at all necessary for anyone doing normal raids or especially heroic raids to have to do, and barely useful for those doing flex raiding.
    Yes, that sounds great, take something that many players have enjoyed doing and make it pointless.

Actually, that sounds dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .

Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    select few? LOL look at the poll

I say keep it, because players using flex now want to have a better raiding experience were you actually have to pay attention to mechanics. Eventually even graduating to normal. If you take away lfr. Chances are the quality of players trying to pug will drop.

The great irony of all these threads is that LFR is the flavour of raiding that is LEAST in danger of being removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I voted no, LFR is really not anything like raiding. If you want to see what a boss looks like, what a youtube video, the experience is just about as engaging. The problem now is that people that have no business raiding or may not even want to, end up having to just because the game doesn't let them progress in many other ways. Not only that, but LFR brings is known for having some of the worst experiences in the game for many players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah. You're being a hypocrite then considering you wrote this a few days ago in a thread you started:

I did not make this thread to intentionally "Flame LFR" and to "get it removed"
    More to the point I can gear up alts in LFR optionally. I can't do that in Flex. It has nothing to do with being a bad player or unable to gem/enchant gear.

It's annoying how people who want it removed seem to think that pre-made groups and random groups are just alike so that Flex can be a 'replacement' for LFR. They two have less to do with one another than people pretend.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    select few? LOL look at the poll
    Yes, select few and I emphasized that in my post. That's a couple hundred votes on a fansite here and the poll is still in favor of it staying. Now take the supposedly 7+ million players still playing and its not a stretch in the least to call it microscopic (essentially meaningless) even. Blizzard said its not going away anyway so everyone is only wasting their time on this subject.

"Ninitendo, that new Smash Bros 3DS game you're releasing in 2014 alongside the BETTER Wii U version makes Wii U version worse just because and THAT'S WRONG! Please don't release the 3DS version as its for the handheld console scrubs!"

That's how I see people against LFR arguments in my head and its fucking ridiculous to say the least. Enjoy what you play and leave the other people's game modes alone.

FWIW:
    I'm buying both versions of Super Smash Bros! Neener neener!
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2013-10-04 at 06:12 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The great irony of all these threads is that LFR is the flavour of raiding that is LEAST in danger of being removed.
    What flavour of raiding is the most in danger then?
    Hi

LFR is going to be so nerfed to hell this tier it will be a terrible raiding experience. More will gravitate to flex and normal. I also like how blizzard used the normal looking tier gear for flex and normal, and lfr tier colors are the off ones. Not to say LFR will ever leave, but it's so dubbed down it's just really bad.

In Vanilla and BC..every thing you achieved made you better as the player...and further you moved in content..professions..gear..you automatically becoming better skilled.

Since defeat Heroic Shattered halls or Black Morass were real and Achievement. And the more you done of this really Hard content..you were better prepared for raiding.

It was used to be so..you did not need only gear to become better, you needed to become more skilled to get that gear that was epicly looking and recognizable. Currently you just rush in half an hour through LFR and becoming the same as really skilled people..and LFR do not motivating you to become better player and stay in the game longer..

That was not totally a grind game in TBC..it was really the golden middle between hard content, casual playing..and the specs were different and most of them were playable and competitive..yes yes, i was elemental shaman who did not have CC or any thing like current mage DPS..but i was on par with others and we were TOP1 server guild with everything after tier 1 realm first in TBC..and our guildmaster never distinct the raider with his spec or class...only skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    2 people run LFR now that flex is the easy casual raiding style.

1. Bads

2. People who cannot find a raid or PuG to save their life.
    Ridiculous and stupid generalization!

I was a hardcore raider - until halfway through Wrath - however times change and so did my time available. If one week, the only time I have available to raid is at 5 AM on a Monday - I shouldn't be able too?

Get over yourself - you're really no more special in this pixelated world than anyone else.