Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    What flavour of raiding is the most in danger then?
    Personally I don't think any of them are although I do think that there's a chance that normal will be given flexible group rules at some point. Pre-made groups have easy (relatively), medium and hard. That's about right.

Then there's LFR which is not about pre-made groups so is something quite different.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

LFR has its uses. imo Throne of thunder lfr is amazing. its fun its easy as fuck and it beats some of the fights pugs struggle with in normal (tortos, duru, dark animus)

as for SOO lfr.. well thats a diff story. which is why flex is more valuable over there. i dont mind having 4 difficulties.. thats 4 chances of getting gear anyway, and thats what wow is about for most people.

Remove LFR, make people actually have to look for a group to do relevant content. Then, in next expansion, make previous tier flexs queueable through the LFD tool with randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 10 different raid models is not working for me ... Don't really care wich one goes ... but LFR would be a good start
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR can go for all i care every time i que there is always brazil mexico players that don't speak english and like to pull the boss causing wipes leaving after death.

LFR is easy. They even nerfed some encounters lately. Just people are extremally bad and they should learn.

I'm inclined to say no, it shouldn't stay in the game; LFR is generally unnecessary with Flex around, and is also generally not very fun. I'd probably even say that, overall, Flex as a system should be added to Normal mode, and Flex renamed.

That way, we have... Easy(flex)->Normal(flex)->Heroic(10/25)! If you want to get even dickier, remove one of the Heroic sizes, or even make Heroic(15) the new size. I remember them saying that 15 was a pretty sweet spot a while ago.

On people being bads and not being able to complete the content; There is absolutely nothing wrong with your game having standards. Over in GW2 land, the last two releases have been very grisly pieces of meat for people to sink their teeth into, and just about every piece of feedback is happy with it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    yes they should keep it
    it severs a purpose for those that just want to queue up, smash the boss, and carry on.

Just like Flex serves a purpose, for groups that are more coordinated, allowing them better loot

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    I know the answer: none.

Flaks simply doesn't get that there are aspects of LFR that can't be replaced with Flex.
    While I definitely now see the point you're making and apologize for overlooking it, I'll point out that it has been pivotal to harming the community at large to address the concerns of a few players here and there. And as much as I do not want to ignore certain players' concerns such as those of The Glitch, we must accept that the game did far better when it held players accountable for their actions, even if it alienated the folks that couldn't stick around for a whole raid or couldn't spend time looking for a group (both of these concerns would also be addressed through a global Flex raid chat channel across realms).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    No there is no need for that many raid modes.
    It's an MMO for god's sake, play it like one. If you want to see content, there needs to be a minimum of effort. --> Pug a flex raid.
    The easy normal modes worked well in DS for the pugs and casuals and was actually fun. I know quite a few people (non-raiders) that do not enjoy lfr at all and afk through it. Now I know about anecdotal evidence, but it's for those people that lfr is made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They have to keep it because they gave the bads a way to feel like they're not bad.
    Isn't that the reason why they added Flex in addition to Normal and Heroic?
    Both statements are nonsense and you know it.

I hate looking for PUGs and can't be bothered to deal with a raiding guild.
    Also, I like doing my raids right after the reset, when even with virtual realms there won't be as many people available as with the regular queue system. Two very good reasons for me to like LFR.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-10-04 at 07:38 AM.

Deleted
    Virtual realms are coming so i quess they should make lfr be more like flex as i cant rly understand if some1 wants to get gear, why he cant use 15min to get grp for it?

Well where else would I afk for gear if lfr was gone ?

Deleted
    I have sincere question for the people voting in favour of getting rid of LFR.

If you dislike the LFR system so much, why do you use it?

If the answer to the above question is "I don't", why do care it exists? Does it interfere with your game somehow?

I voted yes, I'm in an awesome yet casual guild that does one flex (normal before 5.4) raid a week max. If it wasn't for LFR I wouldn't raid at all. I love raiding for the story and scenery, heck I can even enjoy the mechanics in a fight even in LFR. I'm rather blessed with very few toxic LFR groups although I put that one down to karma, behave like a real and decent human being in LFR and you usually get treated as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others are saying, if anything needs to change, normal mode should become flex.
    25 LFR -> 10-25flex normal -> 10,25 heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I have sincere question for the people voting in favour of getting rid of LFR.

If you dislike the LFR system so much, why do you use it?

If the answer to the above question is "I don't", why do care it exists? Does it interfere with your game somehow?

I voted yes, I'm in an awesome yet casual guild that does one flex (normal before 5.4) raid a week max. If it wasn't for LFR I wouldn't raid at all. I love raiding for the story and scenery, heck I can even enjoy the mechanics in a fight even in LFR. I'm rather blessed with very few toxic LFR groups although I put that one down to karma, behave like a real and decent human being in LFR and you usually get treated as such.

I very rarely use LFR, but most of the time I did, it was because I was either on an alt, and wanted to gear them up as quickly as possible, or because I needed valor points for the week. In almost every LFR I've been in, it had some of the worst, most toxic environments I've seen in wow. Most of the time, people would be doing very little to help complete the run, but if you call them out, you risk getting kicked from the group yourself, because of the pack mentality lol. Even if you try to be nice about it. Most of the time people just ignore any advice you try to give them on the boss though. Beyond that, the runs are actually boring, it seems some people keep themselves entertained by either trolling, or trying to find ways to wipe the group. The weird part is, when you aren't wiping, the bosses mechanics seem like a joke usually. On some of them, it seems like it's almost impossible to die, which doesn't feel very rewarding when you do win gear. Again, I don't do LFR very often, but sometimes your stuck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well where else would I afk for gear if lfr was gone ?
    A post with silly intentions no doubt, but the man has a point. I don't understand the amount of people that say that LFR shouldn't be removed until you can queue into flex, when queuing is the main problem why LFR is such a a disaster.

When a group has a motivated leader who is willing to deal with leading the raid and finding appropriate people there actually is a chance for people to get better and for everyone to have a pleasant raiding experience. And more importantly, clowns who feel entitled to get gear because they pay a subscription fee and just badmouth people that try to help get instantly thrown out and left with a choice to shape up or accustom to their 5man heroic gear because that's how far they'll make it.

There is absolutely no way to create a search engine that's smart enough to reliably put together stable groups with enough good players to compensate for the bad ones, nor does tweaking a kick function help when it lands in the hands of the wrong guy.

Being able to queue into an 25man raid that is scaled down to where 5 decent players could clear it without a problem and let people see the content is fine, but when there are significant gear upgrades included we have a huge problem because an endless amount of players will just queue in and immediately go afk.

I just don't understand this recurring theme where people playing a MMO game but wants to get as far away from people and dealing with personal responsibility as possible.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-04 at 07:55 AM.

if anything, flex should replace normal mode and not LFR.

and i dont get the comments about 'huge' amounts of players joining an LFR raid and just going afk. I know there are people who snooze through it and im guilty of that from time to time but very very rarely have i seen someone actually just afk and not get kicked.

Deleted
    remove LFR! last time I did LFR for the lols (im pvp) 4/5 People were afk and 50% was just trolling. like ninja pulling etc

As it is now (LFR,flex,normal,hc) ... it's perfect, you can fit and split all of the community in those 4 mods, I for one have no idea why anyone would want to remove one of them.
    You don't like lfr go flex, you are better then flex? ... go normal, you are uber cool and skilled ... well try some heroic.