Poll: Should they keep LFR in the next expansion since flex is now available?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I very rarely use LFR, but most of the time I did, it was because I was either on an alt, and wanted to gear them up as quickly as possible, or because I needed valor points for the week. In almost every LFR I've been in, it had some of the worst, most toxic environments I've seen in wow. Most of the time, people would be doing very little to help complete the run, but if you call them out, you risk getting kicked from the group yourself, because of the pack mentality lol. Even if you try to be nice about it. Most of the time people just ignore any advice you try to give them on the boss though. Beyond that, the runs are actually boring, it seems some people keep themselves entertained by either trolling, or trying to find ways to wipe the group. The weird part is, when you aren't wiping, the bosses mechanics seem like a joke usually. On some of them, it seems like it's almost impossible to die, which doesn't feel very rewarding when you do win gear. Again, I don't do LFR very often, but sometimes your stuck lol.
    Allright so you don't like it (and had some bad experiences, that happens I'm afraid ) then I'd propose to stay away from it. plenty of other ways to get gear (especially with timeless isle, but reckon you're LFR experience is from pre 5.4). I'm not a fan of pvp, to put it mildly. For all I care it can DIAF. I haven't pvped in mists 'cept for the damn legendary quest. Doesn't mean I think it should be removed. It doesn't intrude with my gameplay and I can let others have their fun, even though I'm bloody jealous about the new wolf/ud horse mounts they can get ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Do they enjoy getting epics superior to normal content from previous tier by doing content that is faceroll easy or do they enjoy seeing the inside of a raid instance? Only one thing changes, and if they are only in it for the loot, who cares
    It's really funny that people who care so much about loot tend to look down upon other who care about loot.

Yes, Blizz should keep LFR, because it has a different audience from Flex. But some trimming in LFR is necessary to weed out at least some of the griefers, trolls, chronic afk-ers.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-10-04 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    You make too much assumptions for nothing really. Get over yourself, eh?

LFR needs to stay so when I'm bored after beating my children or something I can just queue up for a raid and take further stress out on random strangers. Seriously though, LFR is great for downtime when no one is on and you want to try for that one item or test dps out on a boss or something. Also, leaving LFR in doesn't really hurt the game at all. Just seems to leave a select "few" butthurt for whatever odd reason.

Reminds me of the old Sega Vs Nintendo back in the late 80s to mid-90s more than anything else and no fan ever won any of those arguements (and for the record, I still think the Genesis/MegaDrive is the better sounding console with its built-in Yamaha synthesizer) .

Nah, go in balls deep or no dice at all when it comes to adding Flex to normal and heroic. They can easily (It CAN'T BE THAT HARD to add a scalable difficulty to a raid mode) or something, whatever make it work and they should. It would also shut up those damn 10 vs 25 people for a bit.
    You are a sick and twisted individual if you openly admit to beating your children.

OT: The poster you are quoting makes perfect sense. What point do we have for LFR when the players who join it are the most unprepared, ungemmed, unenchanted group of players? Why even keep it around if the mindset is "oh hey, ill just sit here twiddle my thumbs and collect rokin purple epix!"?

There is CLEARLY a need for booth. I dont know what happens in LFR, but the vast majorety of LFRs i´ve been in would NOT been able to do first boss Flex.
    Im in a reasonably softcore guild we raid 8 hours a week. 12/14 and find Flex to be a PERFECT plase to take our alts and / or run true with our mains for some fun times.
    You cant ignore mechanics and still have to be partially switched on, at least with our gearlevel. So yes, keep all three. Personally i have stopped doing LFRs but i do belive there is room for that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    OT: The poster you are quoting makes perfect sense. What point do we have for LFR when the players who join it are the most unprepared, ungemmed, unenchanted group of players? Why even keep it around if the mindset is "oh hey, ill just sit here twiddle my thumbs and collect rokin purple epix!"?
    Because that's strawman nonsense and you should feel ashamed for resorting to it.

LFR is for the people who, for whatever reason, are unable to commit their schedules to organized raids. This means LFR has to be completed by people who have much less preparatory time than the other tiers of difficulty.

It also provides a bigger incentive from Blizzard to design more raiding content, since so many more people are using that content now.

Yes, it has its place.

If anything were to change, flex should be modified a bit and just be used for normal mode as an option. From what I gather, it's not too far off in difficulty, and it's pretty evident how many people are willing to join up on vent / mumble, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    Allright so you don't like it (and had some bad experiences, that happens I'm afraid ) then I'd propose to stay away from it. plenty of other ways to get gear (especially with timeless isle, but reckon you're LFR experience is from pre 5.4). I'm not a fan of pvp, to put it mildly. For all I care it can DIAF. I haven't pvped in mists 'cept for the damn legendary quest. Doesn't mean I think it should be removed. It doesn't intrude with my gameplay and I can let others have their fun, even though I'm bloody jealous about the new wolf/ud horse mounts they can get ;(

Believe me I'm never planning to go back lol. The thing is, even most LFR guys will admit it's a pretty toxic place, between that and the fact that you're randomly teaming up with strangers, and that, IMO and many others, it's not very exciting, why would people want to keep the place in? I'm not saying take it out and put nothing in to take it's place - blizz should give people with very little time content, but I really can't picture people having fun when doing LFR.

You can't flex in an hour, especially if you are pugging into a group. Flexing isn't a spur of the moment event. People who underperform (and not on purpose) won't find a place in flex until they gear up in LFR. 496 tokens won't do well in flex. LFR still has its place as a place to gear up and spend an hour of gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can't flex in an hour, especially if you are pugging into a group. Flexing isn't a spur of the moment event. People who underperform (and not on purpose) won't find a place in flex until they gear up in LFR. 496 tokens won't do well in flex. LFR still has its place as a place to gear up and spend an hour of gametime.
    I've seen most of the posts here saying the LFR queue alone takes an hour lol. Flex is definitely spur of the moment if you want to be, just look in trade chat, start your own, or do open raid. People who underperform in LFR typically will continue to underperform as long as they play LFR lol. Take it out IMO, nobody loses, and put in something in place that actually entertains those types of people.

I think they should get rid of the Que system. Worst thing to ever happen to an MMO.

I've seen most of the posts here saying the LFR queue alone takes an hour lol. Flex is definitely spur of the moment if you want to be, just look in trade chat, start your own, or do open raid. People who underperform in LFR typically will continue to underperform as long as they play LFR lol. Take it out IMO, nobody loses, and put in something in place that actually entertains those types of people.
    People with brains queue up with friends and guildies who are healers and tanks for instant queues. If you don't have any friends that tank or heal then make some and stop bitching about queues. Nuff said.

I know you personally beat the anti-LFR drum all the time but how about you give it a rest and realise that you are not everyone. I enjoy LFR, I go in with friends and consider every queue as a roll of the dice. I explain mechanics of the fight and I don't shit on everyone by going AFK. I use LFR as a muscle memory training ground, I use it to find tricks to better do the fight, like figuring out how to kill 7-10 slimes in immerseus on Demo Lock. I check guildies for raid awareness before taking them into raids.

lol.

Deleted
    LFR is disgusting. Let me explain.
    I played the game from vanilla to the end of WTLK and resubed recently, i liked a lot of the new things but ...
    I reached lv 90 monday, and today i have killed thunder king. Tomorrow probably will kill bosses in SSO and i shouldnt be able to have that opportunity. I do LFR for getting gear to do flex / normal pugs and then find a guild to do heroics, i dont want to do a stupid tank & spank version of the some raid for getting the gear for do the same raid in the proper level of diff.

If you want to offer free gear, Timeless isle & heroics is the way. LFR should have the same diff than normal mode. This is a mmo goddam force the people to comunicate. LFR offers content yes, but is shallow, boring and sad.

Very good question, I think Flex is way better than LFR. It's still easy, but not as dumbed down as LFR and requires at least SOME organisation effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So no need to remove LFR any more than you'd want your 5th bag slot to be removed because bags get bigger every expansion.
    You can't really use that, as an agument, but yeah, no need to remove LFR

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People with brains queue up with friends and guildies who are healers and tanks for instant queues. If you don't have any friends that tank or heal then make some and stop bitching about queues. Nuff said.

I know you personally beat the anti-LFR drum all the time but how about you give it a rest and realise that you are not everyone. I enjoy LFR, I go in with friends and consider every queue as a roll of the dice. I explain mechanics of the fight and I don't shit on everyone by going AFK. I use LFR as a muscle memory training ground, I use it to find tricks to better do the fight, like figuring out how to kill 7-10 slimes in immerseus on Demo Lock. I check guildies for raid awareness before taking them into raids.

lol.

lol, people with brains, you are sounding mighty elitist right now you big bad heroic raider

Seriously though, not everyone will get a guildie to fast queue them and I thought that was fixed like 6 months ago, if a tank queue's you up and then leaves, you also get the boot. If that's not the case, let me know, but I have not seen anything that would indicate a change lol.

I definitely am not everyone, but between the regular toxic environment, bosses often being loot piñatas, and the place having very little in common with an actual raid, why defend it? Blizz could do MUCH better for casual people. The 45 minute queue that most take is far from casual on it's own, so you could argue it's not even serving it's purpose off the bat. Not saying "don't give these people content" I'm just saying give them better content.

I'm not generally opposed to the idea of LFR, however, I think it should be redesigned so it doesn't become obligatory for people who already actively raid normal or heroic.

LFR has only worsened the erosion of server communities and guilds.

Flex, on the other hand, is lenient enough for new or low-skill players to be helped by better players who are drawn to the socially driven nature of Flex.

Easy VOA-style and world bosses, as well as entry-level catch up features, are all that are necessary for pre-raid supplements.

lol, people with brains, you are sounding mighty elitist right now you big bad heroic raider

Seriously though, not everyone will get a guildie to fast queue them and I thought that was fixed like 6 months ago, if a tank queue's you up and then leaves, you also get the boot. If that's not the case, let me know, but I have not seen anything that would indicate a change lol.

I definitely am not everyone, but between the regular toxic environment, bosses often being loot piñatas, and the place having very little in common with an actual raid, why defend it? Blizz could do MUCH better for casual people. The 45 minute queue that most take is far from casual on it's own, so you could argue it's not even serving it's purpose off the bat. Not saying "don't give these people content" I'm just saying give them better content.
    For a guy who spends all his time on this forum creating a toxic environment for casuals you really have no room to talk about LFR being toxic. For someone who pines for the days of community that LFR ruined you would think you would be pushing the ideal that people who want a fast dps queue should go make a friend. Problem is people just want to complain about the queue instead of figuring a way to get through it by making a friend.

The problem with LFR isn't LFR, its the people in LFR who go afk for shits and giggles or that they are too good for LFR to help out. The people who grief, the people who queue up as a healer when they are dps (because cheating to the front of the line is better than getting to know someone in your community.). People who still wear 460 gear when they could spend an hour getting 496 tokens. Your mistake is confusing every LFR player as a bad lfr player like someone who gets flipped off on the highway and telling everyone that all drivers suck when you passed 300 people who obeyed the rules of the road. The problem isn't LFR its people, a few bad people, just like a few elite go bad and become elitists.

What is really going to piss you off is the poll at the top of this page every time you reply here that consistently shows you are on the wrong side of history.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes Blizzard should keep LFR because you'll always have people who choose to be casual and don't want to raid flex, normal, or hardmode. The people who do LFR still get the gear they want to advance in the game to their specific level of advancement. Plus, all the rewards like mounts, titles, better item level gear, and some achievements are still reserved for normal and hardmode. I don't understand the problem really, LFR doesn't help them become better raiders and most of them don't want to be raiders so it's not an issue. LFR gear helps out people with dailies, pugging, scenarios, questing, rares, and challenges.