Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    guys, anyone have solo tanked Immerseus 10m.

yesterday i solo tanked and i think its nice idea to share, if this is a new thing
    You can do this on 25m HC, its good fun and the extra DPS is always quite nice :P

Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?

Quote Originally Posted by Tseng View Post
    Now that the solo-tank-talk begins - is there a mechanic that prohibits it for Protectors?
    My 2nd tank DC'd around minute into fight so I had to do this that way. It's not impossible although you have to watch for Stun+Gouge same time and call about it, on normal nothing special. Seriously doubt you can manage on HC same thing.. do you?

Rook has a stun, He has an ability that requires you to turn around.
    Can you do it? Yes probably.
    Is it a good idea? No way!

Do I have too much mastery? I'll be starting normal SoO soon and doing lots of flex alt runs with my guild.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced

Norushen is solo tankable as well. Bonus if you can get your healers to keep a dps up long enough for you to clear your corruption. You can also just have the offtank take the boss long enough for you to clear your corruption then go back on the amalgram for the rest of the fight and have him pick up adds.

Edit - Normal not heroic, i'm just little fella

As said above, you have to be careful with stun+gouge but it's totally doable. My mate died at the very beginning of the fight yesterday and couldn't be brez so I solo-tank the whole fight, definitely doable.
    On topic, it seems that I deal WAY less damage on this boss than most of other wartanks while I have very good logs for all single target fight. Even yesterday I wasn't able to rank and only dealt 160k-170k.
    Am I missing something? Are people packing the three bosses and just aoe them? I don't understand why 140k-150k is pretty good against Sha of Pride but 160k-170k isn't against Protectors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Do I have too much mastery? I'll be starting normal SoO soon and doing lots of flex alt runs with my guild.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erate/advanced
    For a mastery build? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    As said above, you have to be careful with stun+gouge but it's totally doable. My mate died at the very beginning of the fight yesterday and couldn't be brez so I solo-tank the whole fight, definitely doable.
    On topic, it seems that I deal WAY less damage on this boss than most of other wartanks while I have very good logs for all single target fight. Even yesterday I wasn't able to rank and only dealt 160k-170k.
    Am I missing something? Are people packing the three bosses and just aoe them? I don't understand why 140k-150k is pretty good against Sha of Pride but 160k-170k isn't against Protectors.

- - - Updated - - -

For a mastery build? Nope.
    Are you glyphing rude interruption and then interrupting the crap outta Sun? That will up your dps considerably. I've ranked (low) on this fight with 541 i lvl by using rude interruption.

Nope, as I said we depack the boss. So I tank Rook somewhere, my mate tank He elsewhere and Sun stay alone at her position.
    We dps Rook to 66%, then He, then Sun. And we do it again.
    Some dps are multidotting, sure, but the boss aren't close during the fight so no aoe or anything.

Looking at how low my dps is, compared to top150 in WoL, I guess most people just aoe everything?
    But if that's true, how do you handle the Desperate Measure phases?

Nope, as I said we depack the boss. So I tank Rook somewhere, my mate tank He elsewhere and Sun stay alone at her position.
    We dps Rook to 66%, then He, then Sun. And we do it again.
    Some dps are multidotting, sure, but the boss aren't close during the fight so no aoe or anything.

Looking at how low my dps is, compared to top150 in WoL, I guess most people just aoe everything?
    But if that's true, how do you handle the Desperate Measure phases?
    You only get overlapping desperate measures if you completely overdo it on aoeing (or go all out on Sun like I do as the Rook tank). Just keep the focus in the right order and there shouldn't be a problem.

I (He Tank) normally just collect up adds on rook's, we then have everyone stack and only move for desecrated ground, proceed to aoe them all down. He's phase, I have the dps put the mark on me and stand next to Sun so I can interrupt her and we kill it. Sun, we all fo course stack in the bubble and aoe everything down. During normal phases of the encounter, we keep the three stacked up as close as possible. I think you're mainly missing dps through not cleaving.

Edit - Oh THAT's what you mean by handle the phases lol, my bad. Yeah what Nillo said, as long as dps keep a focused target we still get the phases in the correct order without overlap.

Okay.
    I'm not too confident with this kind of things, seeing how my guildmates have trouble with the "focus the mounts" at the beginning of Dark Shamans, they like to aoe too much.
    But I may give it a try eventually.

A lot of the fights where you can rank fairly high on are completely due to cheeseing AoE and vengence. I ranked somewhere in the sub 40's on my kill this week on protectors with around 225k dps and that was purely because we just AoE zerged everything down and I tanked He to avoid the stun. As for other fights, I managed to rank on Iron Juggernuat both this week and last but it wasnt anything impressive (something around 150k dps) but thats mainly due to correct positioning on the knockback to make sure that dps uptime stays around 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

Amusingly enough:
    1) Our Galakras 10NM kill are logged as 10HM kills.
    2) All Flex kills are logged as 10NM kills, as far as I can tell.
    3) As long as you "kill" Immerseus, even if you wipe, it will still be a legit kill.

I ranked three times in the last weeks (but two of them are no longer good enough to be ranked): One time on Galakras 10HM (thanks to 1), since I'm still at 8/14NM) and one time on Immerseus 10NM (thanks to both 2) and 3), since it was on a 1min-long try in Flex for understanding how to do the achievement.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Does Berserker Rage make you immune/remove gouge?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Never tanked Rook but you sure you aren't confusing He's Gouge with Rook's stun? Didn't think Rook's stun would cause Rook to fixate on another target as He's would.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Does Berserker Rage make you immune/remove gouge?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Never tanked Rook but you sure you aren't confusing He's Gouge with Rook's stun? Didn't think Rook's stun would cause Rook to fixate on another target as He's would.

Nope.
    I think you read that wrong lol. He didn't mean He as in Rook, he actually meant He.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

If you are teh rook tank just tank rook ontop of sun and face rook away. Make a /target sun cast pummle /target rook macro and whenever she starts to cast and you have pummel up nail her with it! Then just do the fight as normal.. go off and tank mysery away etc... you may not rank but your dps will still go up

I tried it out this week and was able to pull 160k...not rank material but up considerably from teh 130k I was doing without stacking / interupting ! If you are alreayd hitting 160k then you should be well higher with that cahnge.

Deleted
    I disagree that for ranking you need to cheat DPS or whore vengeance... Most combats you can rank just doing them the right way.

Protectors for example, I don't see a reason not to aoe everything. That I would call the right way, everyones DPS goes higher, there are no disvadvantages. Most classes can cleave/aoe while focusing down a target faster than the others. Some don't even lose single target damage while doing so (us, for example. Glyphed TC at CD is not something I would call a single target DPS loss). Others do gain single target damage while cleaving. When one of the bosses dissappear during Desperate Measures, they don't receive any more damage, so they naturally keep their HP separated. You may need to separate the first you bring down in the last 33% to 0%, to balance them, but otherwise... Thunderclaping and revenge hitting all three of them is the best way to do the combat.

Deleted
    Just wondering if anyone has experimented with a macro button that casts Shield Slam, Revenge and Devastate (order depending on your build/preference/encounter) and just calling it "Rage" button? Hell you could probably throw in a shout and enrage too. Obviously it would get boring fast, but it frees up extra buttons and you don't need to track proc's as much.

Just to clarify I don't do this personally and probably won't just because I would feel like I'm cheating a little bit. Just wondered if anyone has tried something like that out.