Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why isn't the Legendary Quest Account wide ?

I dont understand why Blizzard didnt do this. In Cata we had Dragonwrath and sorry to say but a Caster without it was usless. Now its the same with the Meta/Cloak.. You cannot switch your Class in this last Content Patch because it would take you what? 3+ Months to get the damn Meta/cloak. Trying Random raids with Alts .. "Sorry you got no Meta/Cloak"

I dont say you should get it for free but actually doing the Quest once unlocks it so you can buy it on every toon you want or you decide to do the Quest and get it for free.. But this is just bullshit its the last Patch. Its nice that Blizzard gave us Ordos as a little extra but this doesnt realy help with this Problem

A Char without Meta/Cloak is useless. Please dont deny this fact

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you put the work in on one character and that entitles you to have a LEGENDARY item on every character? Yeah you'll find a lot of entitled players around this forum who agree with such a silly idea. As you can tell by now, I'm not one of them. We don't need Account Wide legendaries and it should -NEVER- happen. Especially to appease some overly demanding people who are a small minority.

As far as I know the only raids people ask you to have the cloak for are the Ordos ones. And even then you don't need it on an alt as long as you have it on a character already. At least, I've had no issues getting raids on alts without it.

Quite frankly, if the people you want to raid with require Legendaries on alts then they probably aren't worth raiding with. I can guarantee you right now that very little of them have the legendary on their alts and they're merely measuring up to the highest mark possible, probably to get carried through raids.
    Butts.

Deleted
    If it was account wide... well like 80-90 % of players would have it..
    IMHO something like cutting in half all the necessary things to collect for every character you have completed legendary quest line on would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    We don't need Account Wide legendaries and it should -NEVER- happen. Especially to appease some overly demanding people who are a small minority.
    'nuff said.

I would say its not a bad idea to have it account wide. There is nothing exclusive about it, everyone and there fucking mother has one already. Would just save time/annoyance for people who would like to enjoy an alt.

Legendary doesn't really feel legendary anymore, It feels like a dungeon quest where you get sweet loot except this time it took the whole expansion to complete it instead of 1 run.
    Hi Sephurik

15+ Year Old Account
    Id like if they made it so u only needed 66% of the Secrets/Titanstones if u already got it on 1 or more characters.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    If it was account wide... well like 80-90 % of players would have it..
    IMHO something like cutting in half all the necessary things to collect for every character you have completed legendary quest line on would be cool.
    And 90% of the numbers are made up on the spot.....It wouldn't be that number of players that would have the cloak. I have met many players without the cloak, you notice them especially when you get a group for Ordos.

As for accountwide Legendary, no. That is not the way to go. I can agree however that the chain is ridiculously long on alts. So a suggestion would be that they should shorten the quest chain if you have done it already. Maybe remove the reputation requirement or add a double rep item like with other factions, remove the valor quest part. Those two would be enough.

The legendary is easy to get. Can Blizzard please make it even easier?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

The real question is why not? Just because you decide to log on another one of your toons somehow that means that all the time and effort put into getting it the first time is now worthless? When I do something in a game, any game for that matter, I would expect an accomplishment or achievement to stick with you no matter what you decide to do in the game. No one enjoys doing the same thing twice. Yes the first time was enjoyable, satisfying, etc. The second time is just a grind and let's get this over with. Also, the first time through a lot of us were getting additional awards. Achievements, loot, experiencing new content, so the effort wasn't that bad. Now though you don't have any of that. Pure grindy goodness.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-10-05 at 09:11 PM.

The Legendary questline isn't that hard you know. It's only...what; ten quests? So yeah, not hard. Not hard at all. It isn't like your running around all over Pandaria trying to grind a mob ten thousand times and doing hundreds of raids, it just requires a little patience that's all. It can be done in about 2-4 hours of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    And 90% of the numbers are made up on the spot.....It wouldn't be that number of players that would have the cloak. I have met many players without the cloak, you notice them especially when you get a group for Ordos.

As for accountwide Legendary, no. That is not the way to go. I can agree however that the chain is ridiculously long on alts. So a suggestion would be that they should shorten the quest chain if you have done it already. Maybe remove the reputation requirement or add a double rep item like with other factions, remove the valor quest part. Those two would be enough.
    Umm. They HAVE shortened it! Increased drop rates for the items and 6k valor says hi.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Umm. They HAVE shortened it! Increased drop rates for the items and 6k valor says hi.
    Bolded part - only 3k now.

Deleted
    I have the cloak on 3 chars, because I put in the effort, and really it wasn't much trouble nor did it take up too much time. You have had plenty of time to do the quest chain on alts, don't cry now because you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a casual player, and I have the cloak... all I have to say is NO FREAKING WAY. Why even call it legendary at that point? Why not just make it an overpowered green drop from the gulp frogs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Bolded part - only 3k now.
    That was my point...

A caster was useless with out it lol not really I cleared heroic Ds on my ele sham and mage with out it
    Nixs

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    I'm a casual player, and I have the cloak... all I have to say is NO FREAKING WAY. Why even call it legendary at that point? Why not just make it an overpowered green drop from the gulp frogs?!
    It's not like people who already haven't earned it would get one. Why it should be legendary? Well it would still be legendary because it's not like you somehow didn't have to grind for however many months to get it. You grinded the 3+ months to get one. Why wouldn't it be legendary? It is the same person playing that character. Rewards should be awarded to players NOT characters.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-10-05 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    It's not like people who already haven't earned it would get one. Why it should be legendary? Well it would still be legendary because it's not like you somehow didn't have to grind for however many months to get it. You grinded the 3+ months to get one. Why wouldn't it be legendary? It is the same person playing that character. Rewards should be awarded to players NOT characters.
    I pay a ton of VP for a weapon... why shouldn't all of my toons get it? I pay a ton of gold for a piece of gear... why shouldn't all of my toons get one? Should all gear -- poor quality to legendary -- just go into one big bag so all of your toons can access it? See where this is going? If my toons cannot share an average item in the game why should they be able to share the best items?

OP, if you can't get into raids w/o the cloak, you're doing something else wrong.

If you want it on an alt, go get it. DOn't get that entitlement and ask Blizzard to put it in your hands.