Page 51 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The episode where everything gets fixed pissed me off so much. I want to think it never existed. Should have ended with loli dropping to the ground. Would have been so much better than that shit they pulled with dragonballs.

Also second Mondaiji.
    If there's one saving grace for that ending, it's that the undiagnosable/untreatable illness that Nigasa and Ushio get is it's own special case of bullshit. Having Ushio taken by an illness that doctors have NFI about was hard to swallow as it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    If there's one saving grace for that ending, it's that the undiagnosable/untreatable illness that Nigasa and Ushio get is it's own special case of bullshit. Having Ushio taken by an illness that doctors have NFI about was hard to swallow as it was.
    There are plenty of deaths caused by cases that are undiagnosable that doctors have NFI what it's about. It's also not radical to think it could be hereditary. Should have left it at that and done without the BS bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    really? far from overpowered?
    he takes on gods and demons and wrecks them.

his ability is the ability to negate any gift and destroy anything on earth under heaven

i don't know how much more overpowered it gets than that.
    What's up with the negate abilities recently, anyway? Ever since To Aru series started and probably even before that every second anime with supernatural powers has an protagonist/anti-hero/whatever with similar "power" and other than that they're weak as hell.

Seems like a fancy trend.

Steins;Gate is quite possibly my absolute favourite anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What's up with the negate abilities recently, anyway? Ever since To Aru series started and probably even before that every second anime with supernatural powers has an protagonist/anti-hero/whatever with similar "power" and other than that they're weak as hell.

Seems like a fancy trend.
    It goes well with role fulfilment ideals; a lot of people (otaku more particularly) may not be able to relate with a super-powered guy who gets the girl, or is cool because of his super powers. But a normal guy, who uses his brain and drain ability to bring people down to his level, that's more fulfilling for some people. Certain demographics and abilities/stories/archetypes move in and out of popularity, so the guys funding anime series will make sure they know what's currently trending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    mondaiji tachi

hopelessly overpowered protag? check.
    protag who isn't a whiney little bitch? check.
    funny? check.
    humor? yep. thank you black rabbit for being a continual target.
    serious series? not even close. it doesn't even try to be a "this is a serious LN/show"
    Ahhhh damn think I saw this one already...This is Problem Children isn't it? Crap needed a series like this one again....Just finished Campione a second time as well....

BTW if anyone wants OP OP then check out things like the Tenchiverse(OVAs and Dual specifically as well as Isekai aka Geminar)...

Then there is Ichibasn Ushiro no Daimaou, Needless, Hellsing(I suggest Ultimate), Aesthetics of a Rogue Hero and MANY others...Give me time and I can likely find more from my shelves alone....

As for why drain has become so popular it's probably because it's the new it thing...Every so often we get an "it" thing be it settings, power/character types and so on. Besides not half as common as some other things have been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    He is far from Overpowered if you look at how many of the characters in that universe are stronger than him.

Although its most definitely worth watching, favourite show of Winter 2013 for me.
    As far as the TV series goes he is certainly OP though...Remember they often don't get into the meat till second or third seasons.

Oh and add Legend of Legendary Heroes to that list of OP as fucking hell protagonists...Then Slayers with Lina Inverse.

ok, guys I NEED some anime to watch after a very long time not watching one. Being unemployed grants too much free time

I've watched (in no particular order):

Fairy Tail, Death Note, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon, Digimon, Ao-no Exorcist, Yugioh, Sword Art Online... I must have watched more, but I can't bring them up atm, it's rather late.

I generally like:
    Anything magical/magey, card games, mages, some humour, drama, the friendship concept. I'd also be very open to horror and dark themes.

I generally don't like:
    Futuristic stuff when the whole thing is based on such a theme, meaning that if the story itself has nothing to do with the post-modern etc theme while the setting is in it, I got no prob. Pure romance animes (I am on the edge about that one, since I haven't ever watched any because I got this negative predisposition of thinking about them being a waste of time somehow... it's automated, don't judge me).

What I would like to watch is something magey, with romance involved (think of something like fairy tail, where the romance is constantly dropped for example). I'd like to instead watch some development on the subject and not 176 episodes of Gray not getting that he's liked by Juvia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    ok, guys I NEED some anime to watch after a very long time not watching one. Being unemployed grants too much free time

I've watched (in no particular order):

Fairy Tail, Death Note, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokemon, Digimon, Ao-no Exorcist, Yugioh, Sword Art Online... I must have watched more, but I can't bring them up atm, it's rather late.

I generally like:
    Anything magical/magey, card games, mages, some humour, drama, the friendship concept. I'd also be very open to horror and dark themes.

I generally don't like:
    Futuristic stuff when the whole thing is based on such a theme, meaning that if the story itself has nothing to do with the post-modern etc theme while the setting is in it, I got no prob. Pure romance animes (I am on the edge about that one, since I haven't ever watched any because I got this negative predisposition of thinking about them being a waste of time somehow... it's automated, don't judge me).

What I would like to watch is something magey, with romance involved (think of something like fairy tail, where the romance is constantly dropped for example). I'd like to instead watch some development on the subject and not 176 episodes of Gray not getting that he's liked by Juvia.
    Slayers and Rune Soldier Louie for classics...Also Lodoss war for playing straight.

Then harem wise Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou(ok more sci fi fantasy hybrid but it has a drill breathing dragon and a demon lord who bears him in a brawl) and Aesthetics of a Rogue Hero.

Also there is Campione, Soul Eater, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles(related to CCS), Orphen, Negima, Escaflowne, Full Metal Alchemist, Log Horizon which is airing right now, provides you don't mind some Yaoi stuff there is Kyo Kara Maoh

Oh Nabari no Ou should work as should Tales of the Abyss....

Tower of Druaga and the Legend of Legendary Heroes as well LOL.

Oh and in the sci fi fantasy vein look into Broken Blade...More fantasy then sci fi...

Ronin Warriors

Shakugan no Shana

Sorcerer Hunters

.Hack series

annnd those should keep you going for awhile LOL.

Oh almost forgot Problem Children Are coming from another world aren't tjey.

I found the last one (Little Garden?) yesterday and started watching it. Seems generally nice! Thanks for all the recommendations. Will be sure to check them out. Could you please be so kind to provide me with a very good watch online anime site for personal use? I'm getting rather tired of the bad quality in randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I found the last one (Little Garden?) yesterday and started watching it. Seems generally nice! Thanks for all the recommendations. Will be sure to check them out. Could you please be so kind to provide me with a very good watch online anime site for personal use? I'm getting rather tired of the bad quality in randoms.
    Not really allowed here but if you like to stream slme can be found on crumchyroll and a few Funimation some are older and out of print/license hell so may need to say use idiotbt(well known torrent site and no not it's actual name) to find a few.

Oh yes and as said above Zero no Tsukaima is quite good as well.

Random ones I would suggest in no particular order:

Berserk
    Claymore
    C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Dragon Ball / Z / GT
    Chihayafuru
    Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
    Magi (S2 airing)
    Trigun
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Higurashi - When They Cry
    Kiss x Sis
    Black Lagoon
    Sword Art Online
    Log Horizon (airing)
    Freezing (S2 airing)
    Valvrave (S2 airing)
    Kill la Kill (airing)
    Naruto Shippuden (airing)
    One Piece (airing)
    Bleach
    Full Metal Alchemist // Brotherhood
    Fairy Tale
    Infinite Stratos (S2 airing)
    Get Backers
    Gantz
    Gin no Saji aka Silver Spoon
    Highschool of the Dead
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    Unbreakable Machine Doll (airing)
    Phi Brain
    Accel World
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Jormungand
    Shakugan no Shana
    Medaka Box
    Sankarea
    BTOOM
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Another
    Deadman Wonderland
    Fate Zero // Stay/Night
    Haganai
    Gosick
    Code Geass
    Qwaser of Stigmata
    Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
    Guilty Crown
    Eureka Seven
    Soul Eater
    Sekirei
    Gurren Lagann
    Saiyuki
    s-CRY-ed
    Oreimo
    Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan
    Zero no Tsukaima // The Familiar of Zero
    Hayate no Gotoku: Combat Butler
    Desert Punk
    To Love-Ru
    Muv-Luv Alternative
    Sora No Otoshimono
    Tonari no Kaibutsu
    Miname-Ke
    To Aru Majutsu no Index // Railgun series
    Bakuman
    Monogatari series (second series airing) :: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari
    World only God Knows
    D Gray Man
    Darker than Black
    Hunter x Hunter
    Hyouka
    Sket Dance
    Beelzebub
    Blood-C
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
    Macademi Wasshoi
    Kanokon
    Death Note
    Queen's Blade
    Dragon Crisis
    R-15
    Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai
    Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls
    Psycho-PASS
    Ladies versus Butlers
    Sumomomo Momomo
    Ikki Tousen
    Grenadier
    Chu-Bra
    Mayo Chiki
    Ao No Exercist
    Manyuu Hikenchou xD
    11eyes
    Astarotte no Omocha
    Kore ga Watashi no Goshujin-sama aka He is my Master
    Amaenaide yo aka Ah, My Buddha
    07-Ghost
    Ben-To
    Gintama

Also looking for recommendations for good "Slice of Life" themed anime.
    Last edited by Pharm; 2013-10-28 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    Random ones I would suggest in no particular order:

Berserk
    Claymore
    C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
    Dragon Ball / Z / GT
    Chihayafuru
    Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica
    Magi (S2 airing)
    Trigun
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Higurashi - When They Cry
    Kiss x Sis
    Black Lagoon
    Sword Art Online
    Log Horizon (airing)
    Freezing (S2 airing)
    Valvrave (S2 airing)
    Kill la Kill (airing)
    Naruto Shippuden (airing)
    One Piece (airing)
    Bleach
    Full Metal Alchemist // Brotherhood
    Fairy Tale
    Infinite Stratos (S2 airing)
    Get Backers
    Gantz
    Gin no Saji aka Silver Spoon
    Highschool of the Dead
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
    Unbreakable Machine Doll (airing)
    Phi Brain
    Accel World
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Yu Yu Hakusho
    Jormungand
    Shakugan no Shana
    Medaka Box
    Sankarea
    BTOOM
    Mysterious Girlfriend X
    Another
    Deadman Wonderland
    Fate Zero // Stay/Night
    Haganai
    Gosick
    Code Geass
    Qwaser of Stigmata
    Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
    Guilty Crown
    Eureka Seven
    Soul Eater
    Sekirei
    Gurren Lagann
    Saiyuki
    s-CRY-ed
    Oreimo
    Shingeki no Kyojin: Attack on Titan
    Zero no Tsukaima // The Familiar of Zero
    Hayate no Gotoku: Combat Butler
    Desert Punk
    To Love-Ru
    Muv-Luv Alternative
    Sora No Otoshimono
    Tonari no Kaibutsu
    Miname-Ke
    To Aru Majutsu no Index // Railgun series
    Bakuman
    Monogatari series (second series airing) :: Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari
    World only God Knows
    D Gray Man
    Darker than Black
    Hunter x Hunter
    Hyouka
    Sket Dance
    Beelzebub
    Blood-C
    Kore wa Zombie Desu ka
    Macademi Wasshoi
    Kanokon
    Death Note
    Queen's Blade
    Dragon Crisis
    R-15
    Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai
    Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls
    Psycho-PASS
    Ladies versus Butlers
    Sumomomo Momomo
    Ikki Tousen
    Grenadier
    Chu-Bra
    Mayo Chiki
    Ao No Exercist
    Manyuu Hikenchou xD
    11eyes
    Astarotte no Omocha
    Kore ga Watashi no Goshujin-sama aka He is my Master
    Amaenaide yo aka Ah, My Buddha
    07-Ghost
    Ben-To
    Gintama

Will also recommend:
    For most current individual episodes 480/720/1080 releases(torrents): http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats...filter=0&term=
    Huge library of full seasons of anime(torrents): http://bakabt.me/browse.php
    Or if your into streaming: http://www.goodanime.net/anime-list
    First of all you should not link illegal websites, even though many most likely use it. Oh and don't use GoodAnime, use something like Crunchyroll instead. Way better quality.

Also i noted that Baccano! and Durarara was not on your list. I can wholeheartedly recommend those two (Baccano! more so).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    First of all you should not link illegal websites, even though many most likely use it. Oh and don't use GoodAnime, use something like Crunchyroll instead. Way better quality.

Also i noted that Baccano! and Durarara was not on your list. I can wholeheartedly recommend those two (Baccano! more so).
    He also missed tokyo ya know.....Might be down often but still a VERY nice site....

If you could PM me with the sites that would be great... I've searched over the years I am watching and I never found something satisfying. I currently am using gogoanime whose quality is certainly on the negative spectrum. It was the only one though with no crap like no second browsers opening for ads and such and with a good video player.

Ah well I don't personally stream anymore, I only used goodanime.net while I was catching up to One Piece. I'm also sure there are better. I've also seen Durarara before and it was good. Just didn't make my personal suggestion list. May Check out Baccano.

Was also thinking after I posted later, I should have added Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko.

15+ Year Old Account
    So i just learned that Mahouka Koukou is going to get an anime. that makes me incredibly happy to hear, other than the fact that they will have to find a way to deal with the massive info dumping, the Light Novel is really really good.

to be directed by Ono Manabu (Horizon in the middle of No Where), animation by Madhouse.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2013-11-06 at 02:11 AM.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/thefutureisjaded

I just started this anime thing.
    I like action/romance.

I know the first suggestion I'll get is Fate/Zero.. But.. It's so boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

I like action/romance.

Oda Nobuna no Yabo
    Banner/Crest to the stars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

I like action/romance.

Based on your list (ordered mainly on length, shortest first),

1. Strong Action aspects: Cowboy Bepop, Death Note, Baccano (even has similar themes to FMA), Pumpkin Scissors, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Hunter X Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin.
    2. Strong Romance aspects: Midori no Hibi, Toradora, Kimagure Orange Road, Chobits.
    3. Strong Comedy aspects: Full Metal Panic!, Trigun, Log Horizon (like a more consistent and detailed version of SOA).
    4. Sci-fi or mecha: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (masterpiece), Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (much more eventful and wide-ranging than Fate Stay Zero), Eureka Seven.

The strongest combination of Action and Romance from that list is technically Eureka Seven. But I suspect, you would enjoy some of the others, especially the first couple from each category, just as much if not a lot more.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-11-06 at 05:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd also recommend to ziel to try Maoyuu. and Code Geass.