Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

I am looking for a PvP tank, if possible ...

Is there any tank spec who can perform well with in BGs? I'm only interested about random BGs, 1v1, just for fun, maybe some rated BGs later on. Tank would be my offspec. I would like to annoy people who are trying to kill me and also do some pressure on them . Well, maybe healer would be a better solution, but I already have a healer (Resto Shaman 90) and as a healer my dmg is like non existing.
    So I've been thinking about making a tank spec, Guardian druid or Protection Paladin or maybe a Warrior, but I am also opened for any other spec. I have lvl 77 Arms7Prot Warrior, 30 Balance7Resto druid and 42 Holy/Prot Paladin which I favor the most, but I have been told that Protection Paladins sucks in BGs ...?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I'm only interested about random BGs, 1v1, just for fun, maybe some rated BGs later on. I would like to annoy people who are trying to kill me and also do some pressure on them .
    blood dk. if you want to be an absolute arse, go blood dk. everybody will hate you for it, and you have a couple of issues if you're being constantly kited, but they can put out decent enough pressure and are a nightmare for melee to kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Thee is a special place in hell for people that PvP as blood dks.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Well, the only problem with Blood DK is, that other 2 dps spec don't suits my playstile (I'm also not a big fan of Monks) ... So I am then forced to stay Blood all the way, as I said tank will only be my offspec. But ok, maybe I will give him a try:P But besides Blood DK who can be on the second place? What about Prot Paladan or Guardian druid?

Deleted
    Just go blood dk and you can faceroll to rank 1 in 2v2 in the meantime while your RBG-group is offline!

To answer your question, prot paladin does not have a lot of damage output but is decent at shutting down casters. They have problems with mobility. Prot warriors can put out decent enough damage and are very mobile, you just have no way of healing yourself. Guardian druids are the most interesting with the largest toolkit and they have the highest damage output but on a 6 minute cooldown.

You could also try just playing feral and using your symbiosis well. Ferals can be very hard to kill/catch and when you then give them the ability to go immune or disperse it makes it much harder. Their damage output is pretty good and they are not peelable.

Pally tanks don't have as many outs as Druid/Warriors have, which makes your trek across the battlefield slower than the enemy. Furthermore, their damage compared to Warrior/Druid/DK is a lot lower. Warriors can also help their teammates more with Mass Spell Reflection, AoE Stun, Range Stun, ect.

I would recommend you level your Warrior or as suggested a DK. A good Blood DK tank is almost like having an additional healer on your team.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    If its just for fun and soloing, Prot warriors is not for you. Its only good when you have a proper team to back you up. Blood DK has double the damage and ten times the healing of a warrior so your much better off with it.

I don't understand why people complain about blood dks I can down them with ease, only catch is it will take a while burning their cds but it's overall an easy win. Probably cause I exclusively play ranged and Kite them.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    I don't understand why people complain about blood dks I can down them with ease, only catch is it will take a while burning their cds but it's overall an easy win. Probably cause I exclusively play ranged and Kite them.
    Can't Blood Strike if you're range.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    Can't Blood Strike if you're range.
    I think you mean death strike.

I think you mean death strike.
    You Sir are correct.

I was sure they nerfed death strike to shit in pvp last i checked...

I was sure they nerfed death strike to shit in pvp last i checked...
    Well, it's not just Death Strike. It's the Runic power it creates for Conversion, the blood worms spawning and gorging and exploding for mass health regen. That stuff which range cancels out due to the DK not being able to hit the target.

Well, it's not just Death Strike. It's the Runic power it creates for Conversion, the blood worms spawning and gorging and exploding for mass health regen. That stuff which range cancels out due to the DK not being able to hit the target.
    Sounds pretty painful for melee to deal with lol.

Blood DK /end thread.

Deathstrike healing allows you to pretty much out heal multiple melee on you at the same time.

The cooldowns and absorbs are awesome.

The anti-caster toolkit is amazing. AMS for the win!

You have multiple ranged attacks and can keep up dots on several things at a time.

Necrotic Strike to fuck with healers.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-10-07 at 07:02 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're just REALLY good man.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Any decent dk with proper pillar humping will not die to ranged either. Double blood dk was rank 1 in 2v2 last I checked

Deleted
    In random Bgs Blood Dk rocks especially in caprture the flag ones. If you got 1-2 pocket healers you can hold entire team of bots

I duelled a warrior with my dk as blood, he couldn't get me below 90% and I couldnt get him below 35%, there is no over-poweredness to see here folks. How OP are locks!?!?