Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Let's not forget about Drain Soul instant dot ticks during execute. Also doombolt, pets magic special attacks, legendary cloak, it could be Ktt as well.
    Haunt aura After 5.4 according to wowhead: Apply Aura: Mod All Damage Done % by Caster
    Value: 45% (before hotfixes)

If it was KTT, then I dont know I always got more damage out of KTT as destro than aff, not much but abit.

It could had been the cloak becuase before aff cloak did almost same damage as demo, and demo should get a cloak proc damage increase on meta since it increases all damage.

There was a thing where they specifically fixed haunt stacking off itself on the PTR. I highly doubt they recreated the bug and had to refix it. More likely it was FF spam for people who were not using KJC with aff (or pvp FF dmg when casting was no bueno). Quite possibly it was also working on seed's detonation. Didn't see KTT going higher than destro...in fact quite the opposite. Cloak proc is possible but it is periodic in effect so I'm not sure if that would qualify.

PTR had an iteration where haunt deliberately buffed *all* abilities damage to target by X%. They removed this, imo because they didn't like the mechanic working like old soulfire (needing to clip haunt with haunt for best dps).

They may have not actually made the change when they changed the tooltip for it. In any case, only ~5-7% of our damage is non-periodic AND not caused by pet, so this will not be a big deal either way.

Deleted
    I checked my logs from Garrosh before the hotfix. I used Fel Flame after the first weapon was casted whe I was running to the another marker. There were plenty of 200.3-200.4k Fel Flame crits (highest crit was 230k+). Highest normal hits were 96.5k. Now I tested Fel Flame on a dummy and my max crit was 142.9k (all procs up, missing stat buff and Skull Banner) and normal hits around 69k. It looks like Haunt buffed Fel Flame's damage and it is now fixed.
    Last edited by mmocf440640a40; 2013-10-06 at 07:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    By how much dps? I'd think the fel imp's healing ability and quick stun/fear dispel on the player would out weigh a minuscule dps increase from a pet.
    The difference between top players and good players is how many miniscule differences they can stack. Imp is only really useful on high target switch/spread targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabrex View Post
    The difference between top players and good players is how many miniscule differences they can stack. Imp is only really useful on high target switch/spread targets.
    The thing is, a 12% HP heal every 30 seconds, as well as an extra instant stun/fear dispel could also make a minuscule difference in the end, I would argue it's benefits out weighs an almost nonexistent dps increase.

Deleted
    i have to agree with you, ookingdooker, observer might be simming higher than fel imp but the abilities of the imp is so much better and can be a down right life saver in the right situations. just take spoils, if you get targeted by the monks and get stunned/incapacitated then your imp can instant put you out that is an invaluable ability in the right situation and the heal is fairly decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i have to agree with you, ookingdooker, observer might be simming higher than fel imp but the abilities of the imp is so much better and can be a down right life saver in the right situations. just take spoils, if you get targeted by the monks and get stunned/incapacitated then your imp can instant put you out that is an invaluable ability in the right situation and the heal is fairly decent too.
    Or you can just use Unbound Will

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Or you can just use Unbound Will
    20% sudden health loss is not exactly something you want.. Imp can instant dispel every 10 seconds too, I believe the cooldown on Unbound is 60 sec, not to mention you don't have the temporarily speed boost from burning rush, which could be a life saver too. You could also use it on a party member if they get stun/incapacitated. Maybe its effects are diminished in 25 man, but in 10 man I think its quite a help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    20% sudden health loss is not exactly something you want.. Imp can instant dispel every 10 seconds too, I believe the cooldown on Unbound is 60 sec, not to mention you don't have the temporarily speed boost from burning rush, which could be a life saver too. You could also use it on a party member if they get stun/incapacitated. Maybe its effects are diminished in 25 man, but in 10 man I think its quite a help.
    Protip, you can function as a (albeit worse) mass dispel for your raid with a Fel imp. Absolute godmode on Thok and Sha of Pride.
    Advanced raid awareness required though.

(Pst don't tell anyone! The game will be too easy if everybody uses the proper pet)

Evrelia loves his floating anus blob a lil too much.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-10-07 at 07:04 PM.

Deleted
    What's the point of infracting people if their message is left there for everyone to see?

Not to mention the various pointless infractions (not saying that this isn't the case, but I saw a lot of pointless ones before).

The topic's been fairly discussed into the ground, beyond me having a couple previous to the point posts. Not like much else constructive discussion is to be had on the thread anyway... note how people got to talking about pets n crap again in this thread instead of the two current pet threads and how this is already derailed.

Also I agree, I responded with a picture one time and they infracted me and left the picture there which seemed kind of counter productive. Them also stating "infracted" on the post but allowing you to edit it however you see fit seems kind of silly.

Ahwel, not my forum to mod.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-10-07 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Also I agree, I responded with a picture one time and they infracted me and left the picture there which seemed kind of counter productive.
    We usually remove the pic or reduce it to a link, yes.

Them also stating "infracted" on the post but allowing you to edit it however you see fit seems kind of silly.
    We in fact don't "allow" it, it's simply how the forum software works. Most people are smart enough to know that it's unwise to change mod edits, but it seems you like to play with fire. I suggest you don't change any more mod edits, and don't make false ones like in this particular post either. Those messages need to be clear to everyone and impersonating one to get a reaction will get you infracted if you do it when told not to.

Ahwel, not my forum to mod.
    Indeed not, so I suggest you keep the backseat moderating and offtopic chatter out of threads. If you feel like a post is in some way bad or upsetting the thread then use the report button below the post and the moderators will be notified and handle whatever needs to be done with said post.

If you feel like moderator actions were in some way not good enough or plain bad then I suggest you take it up with the Admins of the site through the "Contact Us" button on the top right of the forum.

Back on topic, I never managed to use the Imp's dispel on Thok. The little piece of *censored* is always out of range
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Back on topic, I never managed to use the Imp's dispel on Thok. The little piece of *censored* is always out of range
    Protip: macro flee into dispel so when you press the button to begin targeting the imp automatically jumps to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putting this in here because the current topic is Fel imp
    I've noticed in my Sha of Pride attempts (all versions) that the Imp's dispel causes pride to be redirected to the caster even if the caster has Gift.
    Is this a bug, or a 'working as intended' thing that blizz loves to do?

To comment on the mass dispel and Thok, I just use Flee everytime I'm stacked up, or about to spread. That little &(*##er loves to get eaten by big things
    He's also good on Protecters to help with dispels. Recount was being a b*(&h last night and not recording any of my (his) dispels.