Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Generally speaking HR is better even if its just hitting 2 Players. There are obv exceptions. Usually the tank shouldn't eat so much damage, that you need to DL the Tank a lot, if he does he should use CDs. Especially hardcasting DL usually doesnt work.
    HR on the other hand does a few things. First it generates HP (does DL on Beacon also). Second you might by accident hit players with it and heal them. Third you refresh IH on them. Beacon Heal should generally be enough outside of Tank burn phases which there are not so many this content.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpaintball99 View Post
    Plz give me your thoughts on a trinket like nazgrims burnished insignia over reg horridons last gasp.
    Got it on an extra roll last night so only had time to use it on Malkorok. Using the 7170 build Multistrike did about 2.6% of my healing (81 procs, 16,571 avg, 132,475 max).

I replaced normal Horridon's Last Grasp and Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault with normal Prismatic Prison of Pride and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia.

I've never been a fan of throughput proc trinkets and I don't really like these that much either... -_-; But until I get Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity off of Siegecrafter, Nazgrim's trinket will have to do.

I managed to track both my trinkets int procs with Weak Auras. When they proc I just throw a couple more HL's in there, so I guess indirectly it kind of works to improve mana efficiency.
    Last edited by Healtuff; 2013-10-06 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Hi there,
    I got the Nazgrim Trinket as well, it's complete pants. I've decided to keep my Horridons trinket with the amplification trinket.

I tried it on Flex and all it does is overheal. It's better imo for resto and mistweaver since they have a hot ( yes I know Paladins have a hot but I don't see any info anywhere of it proc'ing off the hot like it will for either of those two classes). The problem with it is, again this is just my opinion... is that it looks at who you've healed recently and decides to heal that person... now that person might be full health now that you've healed them and as a Paladin personally, I don't stop healing someone until they are topped up because I'm healing tanks most of the time.

I'm curious to see how it works for other people, but if its over healing imo it's not worth it. Just check your logs

Quote Originally Posted by Healtuff View Post
    Got it on an extra roll last night so only had time to use it on Malkorok. Using the 7170 build Multistrike did about 2.6% of my healing (81 procs, 16,571 avg, 132,475 max).

I replaced normal Horridon's Last Grasp and Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault with normal Prismatic Prison of Pride and Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia.

I've never been a fan of throughput proc trinkets and I don't really like these that much either... -_-; But until I get Dysmorphic Samophlange of Discontinuity off of Siegecrafter, Nazgrim's trinket will have to do.

I managed to track both my trinkets int procs with Weak Auras. When they proc I just throw a couple more HL's in there, so I guess indirectly it kind of works to improve mana efficiency.

Nazgrim's proc isn't as bad as it looks at a glance. It procs on everything I've bothered to look for (it procs from EF ticks, light's hammer, beacon, protector of the innocent, etc., only thing I don't know if it procs on is GoAK). It's still not super awesome, the proc is only gonna be 2-3% of your healing, but it's gonna be a consistent 2-3% at least.

Not very excited about the int proc, but horridon never did drop his trinket in all the kills and coinrolls I spent on him so it was better than what I had.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Just wanted to add: GC is at it again:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...42166596087809

And I quote, "Meters are a terrible way to assess healer potency"...

Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Just wanted to add: GC is at it again:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...42166596087809

And I quote, "Meters are a terrible way to assess healer potency"...

Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?
    You have to remember utility is a factor as well!!! wait no shamans and priests destroy everyone on both

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]Makes you wonder....how then does Blizzard balance/assess healer potency?
    I think he means stand-alone meters rather than say websites that compare average healing through put on a particular fight.

Edit: On Thok HC, would it be better to stagger cool downs or just pop them all at say 12+ acceleration. (10man)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I think he means stand-alone meters rather than say websites that compare average healing through put on a particular fight.

Edit: On Thok HC, would it be better to stagger cool downs or just pop them all at say 12+ acceleration. (10man)

Try linking raidbots to GC and see what he says.

Would anyone be willing to share their logs for Thok with both EF and SH for comparison? I really hate SH and want to try to avoid it.. Spending 2 gcd's on nothing and hearthing outside of the raid to reforge for one talent is just insane. Also how big of a deal is Thok's trinket on that fight in heroic?
    I tried both talents yesterday, but I wasn't optimized for SH, so my logs won't tell much of a story...

I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

I mean what specs are people playing that they think output is too low?

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I don't get where people say holy paladin numbers are low....I raid 10 mans and I am by far above other healers....on 3 heal fights I raid with a resto druid (2 piece) and disc priest (4 piece) and I only have tier gloves so 1 piece...I go EF and have just over 11k haste with amp trinket and output is much, MUCH higher than my counterparts. on thok after the first stack up im well over the 300k hps mark where the sit around 150kish. I've ranked on malkorok (2 heal) and iron jugg (3 heal). I just don't see the issue I guess. We also used to have a resto shaman over the druid at times but numbers were no closer.

Think your resto druid and disc are just sponging off you, not that they can't put out good numbers.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account

If you actually read the thread you would see most of the complaints are in 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Nazgrim's proc isn't as bad as it looks at a glance. It procs on everything I've bothered to look for (it procs from EF ticks, light's hammer, beacon, protector of the innocent, etc., only thing I don't know if it procs on is GoAK). It's still not super awesome, the proc is only gonna be 2-3% of your healing, but it's gonna be a consistent 2-3% at least.

Not very excited about the int proc, but horridon never did drop his trinket in all the kills and coinrolls I spent on him so it was better than what I had.
    This is what I saw as well. About 2.5% healing on multistrike, largely overhealing. I am wondering though with the legendary cloak if it won't synergize a bit and improve its usefulness (that is unless you have the cloak).

I have been sticking with the shadopan valor trinket + 496 Timeless isle trinket and it's worked pretty well. Nice int and mana return. I find that to be more consistent than multi-strike proccing overheals.

Deleted
    Hallo,
    I dont understand 1 thing.
    The Most Pally go for the int gemming but they all take the norushen trinket.
    Why they dont take Horridon hc tf or something when they prio that ?
    I think mastery gemming and this trinket from Norushen is more usefull or not ?

Is Daybreak broken?

It doesn't seem to proc reliably anymore..
    Last edited by Lackjester; 2013-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hallo,
    Norushen doesn't drop a trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzeia View Post
    Hallo,
    Assuming you probably mean the amplification trinket? If so its because it allows you to get the required Haste and Spirit breakpoints you need to be able to get more value from Int and Mastery, otherwise I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackjester View Post
    Is Daybreak broken?

It doesn't seem to proc reliably anymore..
    Seems fine to me

What is your mastery % when your haste rating is so high?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpaintball99 View Post
    What is your mastery % when your haste rating is so high?
    I'd hazard a guess around the 7-8000 mark (about 25%), hopefully he'll respond though as I'm quite interested in a higher Haste style.

Deleted
    WoL-Thok10M-NHC

Spiking to 300k HPS during the first Phase is actually not that hard...considering a decent amount of haste lets you cast more heals in between the screeches.
    Combine Bubble with HA, HS and flash heals , blanketing the raid with EFs and you rock the meters...

I'm currently sitting at ~4500 haste (everything already reforged to mastery) and ~43% mastery buffed...
    Armory
    Last edited by mmoc58f5648a0e; 2013-10-08 at 11:09 AM.