Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Look at our hunter plz!

Our hunter is amazing chick - she also now has amazing gear but hasn't been the most confident in her abilities. If there is anything she can improve stat wise or "rotation" wise would be greatly appreciated. Don't get me wrong - she's done incredible recently but its not bad to want to improve.

Her armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...harsa/advanced

Some wold of logs:

1. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2605&e=2854
    2. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5433&e=5810
    3. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=817&e=1105

TY so much for your time and effort.

Serpent Sting and Black Arrow uptimes could be better. Explosive Shot is the bigger issue though. Taking Lock n Load into consideration and subtracting those procs, she is on average using her highest damaging ability, Explosive Shot every 9.54-9.64 seconds on Thok and Malkorok. It is not good at all on Dark Shaman. If you subtract the procs it's like 48 seconds. This ability is on a 6 second cooldown, though with the nature of Lock n Load without the 4 set you probably won't get it much under 7 seconds. She should press that button more though.

Like boogie said, she needs to keep SrS and BA alot more and also press Explosive shot soooooo much more, by the looks of it she is just standing there looking pretty as she isn't even bleeding any focus using Arcane shot!!!

I would tell her to maybe go re-read rotations etc just incase she's missing stuff.

She could also start reforging into haste instead of crit at the ilvl shes at now.

EDIT:

Also looking at the reports a little bit further, it doesnt look like shes using her over abilities like Glaive toss etc. She should also look at using Barrage on fights Like Shamans/Spoils and Garrosh for AOEing the adds. She could also change Intimidation for Binding shot as it does help for certain situations.
    Last edited by Krillen; 2013-10-07 at 03:32 PM.

Everything Krillen has said except refotging into haste instead of crit.

Still debatable on which is best, still trying haste out myself, havent seen much of an improvement but have had alot of gear so far so may reforge back to crit and see whats popping

No.. it is not `debatable`.. haste is NEVER going to be better than crit for SV.

I miss Haste builds. I get antsy waiting for cobra shots to fire.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

I'm a bit confused into what Boogie and Krillen were looking at in regards to Serpent Sting/Black Arrow..

She clearly had them up 100% of the fight on Malkorok; and only had a 'slight' downtime on Thok, but this could be because Thok was at the Doorway and she was on the Red(Fire) add.
    • Unless she was the one recording the logs and was the very first person to touch either of the bosses, SS and BA aren't going to show 100%!
    • Unless she can cast SS and BA at the exact same time, she won't have 100% uptime (for those that don't know; SS and BA are on GCD, so IMPOSSIBLE!)
    • As for not using Glaive Toss? She used them almost on CD(baring any game lag/CombatLog lag in WoL).
    • EDIT- As for Explosive Shot, there was a few occasions looking at buffs cast where it seemed like a longer time had past between them. I'll check Expression Editor later in the day for Explosive Shot

Last edited by Drairon; 2013-10-07 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drairon is right, her SS and BA uptime is near 100%, only problem i see with her hunter is AMoC over blink strikes (It's a small DPS gain switching to blink, but still) and she "could" be Explosive shotting more instead of Arcane shots.

Her gems, reforging and other talents seem fine other than being below Exp cap (Which could be solved with a change in reforging, and she would be able to drop the glove enchant for haste)

Quote Originally Posted by Drairon View Post
    I'm a bit confused into what Boogie and Krillen were looking at in regards to Serpent Sting/Black Arrow..
    To be fair, I did say it was a minor issue and they could be a little higher, but that that wasn't the primary issue

Quote Originally Posted by boogie View Post
    To be fair, I did say it was a minor issue and they could be a little higher, but that that wasn't the primary issue
    SS and BA Uptimes > 95% are not an issue.

I find Comparebot a very helpful tool for doing performance examination. I match up my parse (or in this case, her parse) against a solid rank for a similar length fight for someone with the same spec. In this case, I used about the 120th ranked parse on Malkorak for SV in 10 man normal. http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...c0002c9#damage

In looking at the comparebot, I primarily look at shot rates and uptimes. As you can see, her uptimes on SS and BA are quite comparable, as are the number of Cobra Shots/min. Her use of Glave Toss is better, but her use of Arcane Shot is way behind his. On ES, the most important SV attack, she had more LnL's (16 vs 14; look on the buffs tab), but fewer dots/min. Increasing use of this ability would be the primary focus I would take away from this parse. You can also use uptime comparisions to help see if it was RNG or good play that lead to a strong parse, and to get a sense of what talents where taken..In this case, he had good RNG on Renetaki's compared to hers, which is not a function of her play but of luck on that parse. On the other hand, they had about the same uptime on ToHT, but her fewer Arcane shots/min suggests she did not take as good of advantage as he did of those procs, so there may be some opportunities for her to be better about focus management...

I encourage her to start doing this type of comparison on a regular basis. I found for myself this is the best way to monitor performance and look for areas to improve on, fight to fight and week to week. I look to see if my shot rates are improving in the targeted areas more than anything else. Her learning to do this (and then use the information to improve her play) will be worth more than any suggestions we might make on these forums.

don't think she is doing too badly. Only thing that seems weird to me.. Why would you use glaive toss on Dark Shamans? Barrage lines up with green ooze thingies.

Deleted
    Wow TY so much for this. She'll be around tomorrow for me to relay what you've said so far. So excited - am very proud as she's done brilliantly compared to some of our raiders that I've been "investigating". I really like the compare bot also. In fact this whole thread has been super insightful for me also. Will update

Deleted
    Hmm. been looking at this for about 15 min now and HER doing seems to be fine. But if we take a look at her PET..... well. yeh. all It did was melee and some free stormlash, no claw,smack,bite. Now this will add somewhere between 4-7k tops but it's definitely something to address seeing as its 0.0% effort and care for SV.

That's the only thing I can say that stands out to me.

Other people have done a good job with the single target fights but I'm boggling at her log on Dark Shamans. Our kill this week had a similar length (only 4 seconds shorter), yet I had 3x as many multi-shot hits as her. Additionally, being a multi-target fight, Serpent Sting makes up 22% of my damage. Looking at her Serpent Sting uptime for that fight, she has good uptime percentage wise (97.2%) but it's on way fewer targets than it could be. For example, at the beginning, when there are 4 targets up (most likely all stacked unless your guild does this fight way different from mine), she should multi-shot them as soon as possible to get SrS rolling, yet on the log she only has it on one wolf for a good 40 seconds.

So basically, what everyone else said -- she needs to read up on her class. I'd also recommend having a nice, visible, middle of the screen way to track the important stuff like her main abilities' CDs and focus. There's a nice Weak Auras set up on this forum somewhere if she doesn't feel like making her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    Other people have done a good job with the single target fights but I'm boggling at her log on Dark Shamans. Our kill this week had a similar length (only 4 seconds shorter), yet I had 3x as many multi-shot hits as her. Additionally, being a multi-target fight, Serpent Sting makes up 22% of my damage. Looking at her Serpent Sting uptime for that fight, she has good uptime percentage wise (97.2%) but it's on way fewer targets than it could be. For example, at the beginning, when there are 4 targets up (most likely all stacked unless your guild does this fight way different from mine), she should multi-shot them as soon as possible to get SrS rolling, yet on the log she only has it on one wolf for a good 40 seconds.
    'Maybe' their Strat doesn't involve a Hunter focusing down the adds... (My raid group is just me on adds outside, as everyone else is on the other boss in the room.)

There is also this OP ChainLightning that's > Multi-Shot. Specially if the tank is running to quickly and the adds don't spawn close together.(Like my tank does to make me sad!)

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really a easy fix for this, but by looking at her raid bots page
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/alonsus/tharsa
    She seems to do "fine" on single target fights but really drops off on fights that have lots of target switching or AoE

Compare http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bq...=11192&e=11823 (her garrosh kill yesterday)
    to http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12469&e=13011 (my garrosh kill today)
    Her serpent sting damage seems fine but she should be using barrage for aoe fights, and once again doing more explosive shot's (I almost doubled hers in a faster kill)
    My guess is when there's a lot of target switching she gets sloppy with her ability usage and isn't using ExP on cooldown as much as she is on single target

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziga View Post
    There isn't really a easy fix for this, but by looking at her raid bots page
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/alonsus/tharsa
    She seems to do "fine" on single target fights but really drops off on fights that have lots of target switching or AoE

Compare http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bq...=11192&e=11823 (her garrosh kill yesterday)
    to http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12469&e=13011 (my garrosh kill today)
    Her serpent sting damage seems fine but she should be using barrage for aoe fights, and once again doing more explosive shot's (I almost doubled hers in a faster kill)
    My guess is when there's a lot of target switching she gets sloppy with her ability usage and isn't using ExP on cooldown as much as she is on single target
    If you are Ziga from US, then you have 4pc for ExP and she doesn't. So yea, you gonna shoot more of those.
    She seems to be doing good overall, the only advice for more DPS: potions. Didn't see her use any.
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2013-10-08 at 08:04 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3

'Maybe' their Strat doesn't involve a Hunter focusing down the adds... (My raid group is just me on adds outside, as everyone else is on the other boss in the room.)

There is also this OP ChainLightning that's > Multi-Shot. Specially if the tank is running to quickly and the adds don't spawn close together.(Like my tank does to make me sad!)
    I thought of that. But 80 multi-shot hits kinda sounds... y'know, like too much if you're not DPSing adds, and too few if you are ? Plus, I'm using barrage, and usually it and only 1 or 2 multi-shots (along with other raid members' dps) will take care of all the slimes, so it's not like I'm spamming multi-shot non stop.

I do use multi-shot outside of slime phases, though, so that adds some. Regardless, I think based on there only being a single Serpent Sting rolling on the one wolf at the start of the fight, Tharsa needs to multi-shot more.
    Last edited by Musca; 2013-10-08 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musca View Post
    For example, at the beginning, when there are 4 targets up (most likely all stacked unless your guild does this fight way different from mine), she should multi-shot them as soon as possible to get SrS rolling, yet on the log she only has it on one wolf for a good 40 seconds.
    Our guild does it same way.

Yea me and the other tank do, because if we get in range of them its pretty heavy spike damage. Our tact should have most people taking them out quickly then swapping back to bosses far as im aware.
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!