Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just avoid pugs entirely, especially for PvP. The people you meet when trying to do something "important" (CP caps, Flex pugs etc) are just toxic "You're-an-idiot" response assholes. It's been many a year since a pug I joined had nice players in it.

My advice: Find a pvp guild, make some friends there and group with them. Guilds I've been in with Women (especially Women leaders) are usually more laid back/co-ordinated than the all-male guilds I've been in. I guess Women are just better at keeping us in line and focused?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post
    Honestly, I left nothing out. The only thing I can think of that I left out was that when I first spoke I took so long to answer and they were getting mad, because they said my name wrong and I didn't understand; I mentioned that they said my name wrong to which one of them mimicked "you said my name wrong" in the nastiest tone ever. Nothing of importance at all unless something so small and unrelated can make them all mad. I suppose I was just extremely unlucky to run into this bunch, and they were really serious for only being 1800-2k rated.

I wish I thought of recording it so I could show everyone how vile it was and hopefully it wouldn't happen to anyone again.
    Okay, that is a red flag you're dealing with extremely immature people. Bail immediately because it is only ever going to go down from there if you hear stuff on a level that pathetic. I do run into such types on rare occasion, I proceed to troll them or leave as anything else will just end up wasting my time and frustrating me (seriously, confusing or creeping the hell out of people like that is awesome, just don't do anything that will get you into trouble).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I dont PVP so ive never experienced it from that end. But back in cata in my 10m team there were 3 girls who were all very competent. I dont like to say because your a or b your bad. IF your bad regardless of sex i will say other than that if we are downing bosses then great
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Doesnt listen to what people are saying, gets flamed for exactly this.

Goes to forum and cries how bad men are.

Sexist OP is sexist.
    I don't think men are bad. I think very, very few are misguisded on their views on female gamers and at the time I made this thread, I was quite distraught and was hoping this was just bad luck. Also, I was flamed even before the game had started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I just avoid pugs entirely, especially for PvP. The people you meet when trying to do something "important" (CP caps, Flex pugs etc) are just toxic "You're-an-idiot" response assholes. It's been many a year since a pug I joined had nice players in it.

My advice: Find a pvp guild, make some friends there and group with them. Guilds I've been in with Women (especially Women leaders) are usually more laid back/co-ordinated than the all-male guilds I've been in. I guess Women are just better at keeping us in line and focused?
    This is great advice! Won't have problems playing with people I know

You should have just left the group as soon as it became clear how immature they were. I can assure you that not everyone is like that.

Ehhh no one disagrees that what they said in the beginning is wrong, but it sounds like an excuse that their comments made you not listen = you made mistakes.

In serious PVP you shouldn't be playing if you can't think with a clear mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I understand you're a glad, but you never pugged before?

And how did your friend react when you left an RBG mid game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think men are bad. I think very, very few are misguisded on their views on female gamers and at the time I made this thread, I was quite distraught and was hoping this was just bad luck. Also, I was flamed even before the game had started.
    I'm sorry that you had that experience. I've never understood the compelling drive some people have to be absolute assholes over the internet, but perhaps the fact they need to be assholes online means they have no one to be an asshole to outside the game. At any rate, I don't condone their actions in any form.

That said: if there is anything I've learned from the internet it is that many people get their rocks off of being jackasses. It's not something that is likely to change, so the only real defense is to either ignore, avoid, or (excuse me for using this term) grow thicker skin.

Anyway, I hope you don't avoid PvP, because there are plenty of us that do not act like petulant bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I poke fun at myself sometimes, but never during rbgs have I experienced something like this, and I lead a lot of them.
    I'm really sorry you had to deal with that, op. You should have reported all of them because that's intolerable.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Doesnt listen to what people are saying, gets flamed for exactly this.

Goes to forum and cries how bad men are.

Sexist OP is sexist.
    Doesn't read/comprehend OP's post, responds to a post existing only in his mind instead.

Is wrong.

Wrong Karon is wrong.

How's that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoa View Post
    I poke fun at myself sometimes, but never during rbgs have I experienced something like this, and I lead a lot of them.
    I'm really sorry you had to deal with that, op. You should have reported all of them because that's intolerable.
    I don't think you'd have any luck reporting someone for abuse over voice chat.

Yet another problem with voice chat + WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't think you'd have any luck reporting someone for abuse over voice chat.

Yet another problem with voice chat + WoW.
    She said she had some insults whispered to her, which she could report for, is what I meant. Sorry, I should have made that more clear instead of saying all of them ><
    All of the ones that said something in game.
    Last edited by Kokoa; 2013-10-08 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ehhh no one disagrees that what they said in the beginning is wrong, but it sounds like an excuse that their comments made you not listen = you made mistakes.

In serious PVP you shouldn't be playing if you can't think with a clear mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I understand you're a glad, but you never pugged before?

And how did your friend react when you left an RBG mid game?
    I'd done rbgs before with a group of long time friends and gotten max 2.2k in it, but I haven't since then and only arena now. I thought I'd just do it for points with this pug since my friend offered. Well, he wasn't much of a friend considering he didn't even whisper me any support at all. I'm pretty sure anyone listening to that would understand why I left. Besides, I was already kicked from the call! He messaged me on skype apologising after for not saying a word to them or to me but yeah...

Thanks for the kind replies guys you have no idea how grateful and relieved it makes me to know that not all who do pugs will be like this and many respect female pvpers/raiders unlike this immature bunch!
    Last edited by Immy; 2013-10-08 at 05:21 AM.

I don't pity you at all for what happened since this is pretty much the default thing you can expect and you played into your weakness and gave up instead of proving them wrong, which is understandable since it was one of your first pug experiences.

Look, alot of pvp'ers seem to be represented by antisocial youngsters that haven't yet figured out that you have to MAKE teamplay work with people that you like or dislike. Pvp is more about the individuals performance which makes some people have an abnormally large ego when in PVE and well performing RBG teams people have long ago understood that it is far more a team effort than one guy soloing.

My advice would be to either find a team you know the majority are well experienced and want the team to succeed or just grow thicker skin and play twice as hard for the 3-4 first games and prove people wrong. Sure it's a step most males don't have to deal with, but in the end you will be much more appreciated and not just another face in the crowd.

Oh, and you can bet your ass that seeing you (someone who they think is inferior) outperform them substantially is the best way to make those silly people reevaluate their opinions.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-08 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    To me it seems like you dont really enjoy playing RBG:s with strangers, which is completely fine, I wouldnt either. Second, it seems like your self esteem is quite low. You know, you could just say "Hey boy, shut up" and continue playing. I mean its not the end of the world if some internet-machos (read: nerds) make fun of you, is it? =)

So just pug em again if you feel like it and try to learn to handle the "nerdrage". Or just do something which would be more relaxing to you. I would pick the more relaxing. Maybe RBG:s with people I know. You seem like a caring person after reading your post through, shouldn't be hard to find nice and skilled RBG group.

Deleted
    Sorry that this happened to you. I've had it a few times in pugs across a few games ,where they required a mic and when I spoke, realised I was female and it'll probably happen to you again at some point if you pug a lot; especially in any pvp orientated situation. Don't let it bother you at the end of the day though, it's just immature kids being silly, and one guy does it and then the others follow, hyping each other up. Being female shouldn't be a weakness but if you're the only female in a group of guys it is what makes you different. If people get angry/frustrated for whatever reason, they will pick on you for your differences if they're immature.

There's a big difference between teasing/joking, and insults/harrassment. I get teased a lot by the group of people I play with but if it bothers you, ask them to stop. If they don't stop or it gets worse, just leave.

This really has nothing to do with being female or sexism. If you were a guy and you did something they disliked they still would have attacked you. They were just looking for an excuse to treat people like shit. Thats the theme of the PvP community. It's complete and total shit. I'm speaking from 8 years of PvP experience. Most of the people attracted to it are the worst scum on the earth. Don't lower yourself to their standards. Find another competitive game that isn't plagued by a terrible community filled with idiots or find another group of people to play with that you can trust.

To me it sounds like you got into just an unlucky and shitty group of people since from my personal exp, ive never seen an experience that bad before (Ive been playing this game since beta of vanilla, and ive seen my fair share of people and their stupidity in wow). In pvp people tend to be more harsher i find but from a pve perspective (i dont pvp all that often); i have heard people say negative things about a woman playing but very rarely. I have raided with a bunch of 25 man guilds that had a few female members while doing heroic content, and no one complained or said anything negative.

My best advice is to report them, and to prove them wrong. Back in BC i was a retribution paladin (ive always been) and at that time they wernt in the best shape and alot of people refused to take any ret to raids because they thought they had shit damage. So when i got some dumb ass telling me sorry but he wouldnt take me to a raid or invite me to a raiding guild because i was ret i would respond with: "i will be one of your top dps and live in 99% of boss fights". And then i would go into his raid and bust my ass to prove them wrong, and sure enough i would be one of the top (would even get whispered that they were sorry they doubted me). So if i was in your shoes i would of said: yes im a woman, and watch me destroy you and win this bg.

In short what im trying to say is people are stupid and they assume things without even giving someone a shot, they judge a book by its cover. Report dicks that whispered you, dont let it get you down and prove them wrong. Show them you are a good player, and make them eat their words when you destroy them in that bg by being the best dps, healer, flag caper or what ever you got to be to be the MVP of the team.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount4857174; 2013-10-08 at 05:53 AM.

SO they say you wont do good, then because of that you don't do good. And that is their fault? Yes they should not be mean. But if they are talking shit you need to nut up and show em what you got not shut down and zone out.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I just had the worst WoW experience of my life, after playing the game for 6+ years.

I was invited to a 1800-2.2k rbg group by my friend. I do fear speaking in Skype with randoms as I've experienced sexism many times in pvp on WoW. They did a mic check, and I was hesitating on speaking, but in the end I spoke and they all found out that I was a girl. Now, I'm not low-rated or anything; I have Gladiator and am currently 2.1k rated and I do not expect to get carried by anyone. But the first thing they said upon finding out I was a girl was, "Oh, it's a girl. We're going to lose" "Don't want to carry some dumb bitch" and some mimicking of my voice ensued. And of course, I was very shocked and taken aback.

This caused me to be completely quiet throughout the game and I ended up not paying attention to their calls. I missed their call on asking me to peel back from the flag and then all hell went loose. I had 3 people yelling at me calling me retarded, stupid and worst of all, "she's a girl she can't listen for shit". I had one of them whispering me calling me retarded and an idiot and I was trying to defend myself, saying that I accidentally wasn't listening because everyone was being so mean. I got kicked from the call and I promptly left the group in the middle of the bg.

I really should have left at the first hint of sexism but I wanted so badly to prove them wrong, and only made things worse.

This is the first pug rbg I've done and it's made me very afraid to do any more. Have any of you girls or guys out there had any experiences/witnessed something like this or was I just incredibly unlucky?
    pvp players are in general looking for someone to belittle. thats why they insist on playing against other players. you just happened to be the easy target of the day.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Thats saddening to hear, but Im not surprised seeing as most people playing PVP are either ~12-15 years old or just stupid.

Kids on voicechat yelling profanities against eachother in COD Halo or LoL is what comes to mind when I read this.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-10-08 at 05:50 AM.

Grab a random group of pvpers that have to run in random groups and most will be shitheads one way or another.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."