Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Apparently what qualifies as 'melee friendly' is different in the Blizzard offices and what players think.

Melee friendly != you standing behind the boss and tunneling them.

Dat RAF cash grab

"Siege of Orgrimmar is one of the more melee friendly raid zones that have been added recently. The devs are looking for things melee players can excel at or perks they can have without taking tools away from ranged players." Is this a joke? as a 10/14H melee dps, I can honestly say that you have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Are you saying that you liked the 5.0 approach better?
    I certainly did. I think it was just about the best patch for 'day to day content' ever released in the history of the game. Period.

I cant say I'm a fan of Timeless Isle myself (I loved 5.1's approach) but its way better than what we got at release.
    Can't agree in the slightest. It has a shelf life of maybe a month and then there's absolutely no reason to go back. No story progression that has any real meaning or variety. It's like being trapped in a single zone in GW2. Forever.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Refer A Friend... Meh, oh well, doesn't sound like any mounts for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirloom and Toy storage is nice, still waiting for a tabard tab though. Also, a feature like the armoury chest from FFXIV would be most welcome (especially on my Paladin and probably even moreso on a Druid).

"Ian, you're the guy that everyone wants..."

The pause was...interesting.

Siege of Orgrimmar is one of the more melee friendly raid zones that have been added recently. The devs are looking for things melee players can excel at or perks they can have without taking tools away from ranged players.

bur

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well.
    I guess we're living on different planets. They should stop jumping between extremes and just mix and match working models.
    Last edited by Grimalkin of Old; 2013-10-08 at 07:04 AM.

Note to Blizzard, if you're going to hire somebody to interview your crew, just ask Lore to do it.. he has the experience and it won't sound like they are addressing to a crew of people who have no idea what they are talking about.

This is probably part of why you hired him anyways.

That was one socially awkward interview >.<

@Spotnick: Lore would have been a good choice, although Morgan asked a lot of soft questions which I think is why she was chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Layla View Post
    They better not fucking make the Zhevra available again.
    Why not????????

That melee friendly comment is hilarious.

That said, in our raids we just let the melee sit on bosses most of the time, while ranged takes care of the problems at hand, doesn't work all of the time and melee must run an help, but most of the time it's fine.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Why not????????
    People like being ''Unique'' in other words as much as I hate to say one of the most ridiculous insults

''A unique snow flake''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well.
    Uh...

hopefully not, I can't stand the Timeless Isle and liked a lot previous patches. The more daily quests they add, the better.

So that's where the new hippogryph is from.

Damn another Refer-a-Friendly only mount.

I never liked the program myself. I cannot help feel a little insulted they hand out exclusive mounts and rewards to roping new people in and offer pretty much nothing to those who have been with the game from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Uh...

hopefully not, I can't stand the Timeless Isle and liked a lot previous patches. The more daily quests they add, the better.
    For the love of god, no.

even their videos lack creativity these days, awful and bland... seems very little passion for their own game going on here

If in 6.0 they decide to go with the 5.4 Timeless Isle and use the template of 5.0 dailies, it will not be worth playing. 5.0 dailies were such a pain mainly because factions were gated and it was a Golden Lotus grind fest until Revered. I wouldn't have minded the dailies so much if I was able to choose which factions I can do my dailies for among all of them and not just GL.

Maybe if they let the players choose which faction they want to work on and gate it from there it might work. It would certainly add a variety to end game flow especially if there were special exalted quests for the faction you chose first and only first.

I don't know why Timeless Isle is so bad. I do agree it has a small shelf life, but its only real purpose is to help your alts gear up faster. Its only a daily hub away from being Isle of Quel'Danas. Also, template means bare-bones structure. I think (hope) they plan on using this sort of end game tool and building on it, perhaps by adding a daily hub or contested world pvp objectives.

In my opinion, I think WoW needs to be more eventful in the open world and I'm not talking about holiday shit. I mean bosses spawning in random places, in cities, objects spawning that need multiple player coordination to destroy, etc. I'm talking BC right before WotLK came out. That sorta thing implemented with the new tools and technology they have could be so good.