Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    It is an odd statement indeed. My guild struggles if we bring more then one melee - and usually we prefer to have none at all.

Let's look at each of the fights:

Immersius - melee struggle to spread out enough to avoid the whirlpools, and avoiding swirl is much more difficult.
    Protectors - other then the mind sear spell, its not too bad.
    Norushan - so much AoE damage killing the big adds.
    Sha of Pride - makes prisons awkward, not to mention having to run off to kill the big add.
    Galakaras - fine for most of the fight, but right at the end it SUCKS for melee who have to run through the raid to spread out the fireball damage.
    Iron Juggernaut - huge pain in the ass when being chased by bore mines, huge dps loss during seige pulse.
    Dark Shaman - massive liability when the oozes spawn.
    Nazgrim - having to run around after adds, one of which whirlwinds your face off? Not fun.
    Malkorok - due to his tiny hitbox, melee are hopeless for helping absorb the void zones. And then stacking in front of the boss = getting parried loads. Urgh.
    Spoils - prone to sudden deaths due to AoE. Massive dps loss when dropping bombs.
    Thok - excellent if you can prolong phase one for ages. Utter joke in phase two, unless you're really living on the edge and just praying you're not next on the target list.
    Blackfuse - might be okay on this fight. But I imagine they suck on the assembly line.
    Paragons - no thanks.
    Garrosh - won't be able to kill corrupted weapons at all. Or engineers. Shaman will require lots of running around. Overall horrible.

There's not one situation where I'd willingly take a melee over a ranged. Not one. And that sucks.

Bosses need larger hit boxes for non-tanks (might be complicated to program) or melee needs a little extra 'range' to do their attacks (even if its an extra yard that would solve many issues).
    Dunno what you understand by "melee frendy" , it doesnt mean that as melee you jsut tuneol boss and dont care about anything SoO is better raid for melee thaen preavious but tis not perfect , presonal done 10/14 HC(10) with 3 melee in group so dont see your problem

Deleted
    "Siege of Orgrimmar is one of the more melee friendly raid zones that have been added recently. The devs are looking for things melee players can excel at or perks they can have without taking tools away from ranged players."

If anything it is one of the most melee unfriendly in the game. Melee dying to one shot aoe all over the place is not friendly!

"The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well."

Better not be, endless grind, mob spawn camping, and slow rep is awful.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-10-08 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    "Siege of Orgrimmar is one of the more melee friendly raid zones that have been added recently. The devs are looking for things melee players can excel at or perks they can have without taking tools away from ranged players."

If anything it is one of the most melee unfriendly in the game. Melee dying to one shot aoe all over the place is not friendly!
    Meby becous they crap and cant avoid stuffs onyl tunelvision boss?
    Last edited by kubuntu; 2013-10-08 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    People like being ''Unique'' in other words as much as I hate to say one of the most ridiculous insults

''A unique snow flake''

Which is what a game should be about what else is there to do if you can't aspire to something?.

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Dunno what you understand by "melee frendy" , it doesnt mean that as melee you jsut tuneol boss and dont care about anything SoO is better raid for melee thaen preavious but tis not perfect , presonal done 10/14 HC(10) with 3 melee in group so dont see your problem
    Well done. You'd probably be more progressed with less melee.

Which is the point, not that its IMPOSSIBLE but that you're handicapping yourself by taking melee DPS. The only real benefits they have over casters is slightly better armour and avoidance - and so few fights benefit from that. Infact the only ones that do are fights like Dark Animus or when bosses do large amounts of unavoidable physical damage like Morchok.

If you're going to argue that, then I have nothing else to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Which is what a game should be about what else is there to do if you can't aspire to something?.
    Getting timed exclusive mounts isn't aspiring to something though, is it? Its being fortunate enough to get something while its available that required zero effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    If in 6.0 they decide to go with the 5.4 Timeless Isle and use the template of 5.0 dailies, it will not be worth playing. 5.0 dailies were such a pain mainly because factions were gated and it was a Golden Lotus grind fest until Revered. I wouldn't have minded the dailies so much if I was able to choose which factions I can do my dailies for among all of them and not just GL.

Maybe if they let the players choose which faction they want to work on and gate it from there it might work. It would certainly add a variety to end game flow especially if there were special exalted quests for the faction you chose first and only first.

I don't know why Timeless Isle is so bad. I do agree it has a small shelf life, but its only real purpose is to help your alts gear up faster. Its only a daily hub away from being Isle of Quel'Danas. Also, template means bare-bones structure. I think (hope) they plan on using this sort of end game tool and building on it, perhaps by adding a daily hub or contested world pvp objectives.

In my opinion, I think WoW needs to be more eventful in the open world and I'm not talking about holiday shit. I mean bosses spawning in random places, in cities, objects spawning that need multiple player coordination to destroy, etc. I'm talking BC right before WotLK came out. That sorta thing implemented with the new tools and technology they have could be so good.

I'm not sure if you watched the interview but it was implied for the levelling process. Rather than being stuck on rails doing questing the entire time if you find a cave or a sunken ship there would be something cool inside.

The Timeless Isle is somewhat of a template for endgame world content going forward. There might be some more structure in the future, but the general style of content that avoids pure daily quests worked well.
    I hope they are kidding. I much more prefer 5.1 daily-lore-style patch then timeless-boredom isle. Instead of any lore (why is Emperor spirit there? Why does he hate Yungol? Who is Ordos anyway? - yes, I can read about it on wowpedia, etc, but there should be lore in-game) they presented us with hours of brainless grind with one-shoting mobs.

I admit, I was not a great fan of Isle of Thunder dailies or Dominance Offensive ones but I much more preferred to do them then to kill the same mobs over and over and over again for countless of hours for no particular reason other then that they give "rep" with Yungol hating old emperor ghost.

I mean, I prefer actual content then sandbox zone where your only goal is to kill anything in sight.

Once I'm done with emperor rep I will never go back there ever again. Simply because the boredom beats other (non-raid wise) mop patches ten times or even more. I really hope they'll rethink their statement.

Deleted
    Melee friendly, i don't think so ... Rogues friendly certainly.

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Talents
    Corrected an issue with Cloak and Dagger that could allow Rogues to bypass some targeting and line-of-sight restrictions.
    3 weeks too late -_-

Deleted
    "The Gnome race didn't exist when the original WoW cinematic was being worked on, which is why they didn't appear in it. There hasn't been a good opportunity to showcase gnomes in a cinematic since then."

confirmed, gnome expansion, beat it pandas

Deleted
    Man...

I rather commit suicide if they are going back to deepthroat me with their pesky dailys and the way coins were awarded. Lets hope not!

Why they brought the stupid coins into the game is beyond me anyways...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    Meby becous they crap and cant avoid stuffs onyl tunelvision boss?
    Easy for ranged to say, on Dark shaman its easy to get trapped between aoe spots. If they get no up time on boss they do no dps.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Man...

I rather commit suicide if they are going back to deepthroat me with their pesky dailys and the way coins were awarded. Lets hope not!

Why they brought the stupid coins into the game is beyond me anyways...
    Hey the coin thing isn't a problem with me haha no dailies 4orever

Rogue: 2700 L.charms
    Lock: 2235 L.charms

:O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Hey the coin thing isn't a problem with me haha no dailies 4orever

Rogue: 2700 L.charms
    Lock: 2235 L.charms

:O
    It's fine now yes.

I liked that you could get those lesser charms quickly by simply killing mobs.

Sadly, it wasn't like that at MoP release and that nearly made me gouge my eye out.

The problem with so-called "endgame" for people who have some free time outside the raid is that you quickly run out of things to do. I want lore, I want something else then mindless grind. Why not make both - grinding and/or dailies? So people would choose what they want?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its more so the very unfriendly targeting and AoE effects around the bosses, I dont care if we have jobs to do as melee, thats great, it makes me feel better about my spot and I agree that the simple "This ability does not target melee" is a bad solution. But there are so many abilities that will just one shot us for simply being in melee range or severely disrupt our ability to do damage.

First 4 bosses arent to bad. Theres nothing that really gimps us to bad. Target switching and the constant moving on protectors can be a bit tiresome but overall its not a huge deal and the add on Sha I just ignore all together.

Galakras, watch them cleaves, sometimes can be hard to see with all the ground effects. Target of fireball will often render you useless. Small hitbox is fun.

Dark Shaman - GTFO. I got asked why I cant just run forward with the tanks during Toxic Stream by our raid leader last week. I wanted to put my face into the desk.

Nazgrim - Ill just run over to this add, then try and run back to the banner then run back to this add, then run back oh theres a shaman, Ill just oh I cant do anything cause theres a guy whirlwinding on the boss, great.

Malkorok - I love getting yelled at for not getting a ball thirty thousand yards away due to the tiny as fuck hitbox.

Spoils - GTFO.

Thok - GTFO P2.

Klaxxi - GTFO.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-10-08 at 10:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if the woman in the video works for Curse or not.

In the odd chance that she does, could you please tell her that it's very rude to constantly interrupt the developers during the interview?

I'm not watching the video to hear her voice, I want to know what the DEVs have to say, so tell her to shut up and let the other guy express his thoughts!

I think they should expand on the Lorewalkers end-game, it takes an hour flying around to get exalted with them, and I LOVED watching the in-game "cinematic" story mode that Cho gives you, they are well made, and interested.

They could tie them in more than just flying around clicking a scroll in XYZ, either way, I want more "story time", a lot of room to extend and improve on that next xpac.

Also, a carbon copy of Timeless isle would suck, they need to add SOME daily quests in that area in my opinion, it's easy anyway and they know it, just don't make them a requirement. I also kind of like adding new factions to areas like that if they give awesome rewards, a lot of people don't like grinds, but when done right it's not too bad, just make the rewards worth it, and the time to get exalted reasonable, cosmetic items, pets and mounts are best from factions, not gear, then it doesn't make them seem like a requirement either.

I'm not putting what I'd like it to be, I'm putting it how I think they'd get least complaints, I sort of like a grind now and again, as long as it's worth it, relevant, and interesting.

P.S Dark Shaman's most melee friendly fight 4eva.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-08 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    It is an odd statement indeed. My guild struggles if we bring more then one melee - and usually we prefer to have none at all.

Let's look at each of the fights:

Immersius - melee struggle to spread out enough to avoid the whirlpools, and avoiding swirl is much more difficult.
    Protectors - other then the mind sear spell, its not too bad.
    Norushan - so much AoE damage killing the big adds.
    Sha of Pride - makes prisons awkward, not to mention having to run off to kill the big add.
    Galakaras - fine for most of the fight, but right at the end it SUCKS for melee who have to run through the raid to spread out the fireball damage.
    Iron Juggernaut - huge pain in the ass when being chased by bore mines, huge dps loss during seige pulse.
    Dark Shaman - massive liability when the oozes spawn.
    Nazgrim - having to run around after adds, one of which whirlwinds your face off? Not fun.
    Malkorok - due to his tiny hitbox, melee are hopeless for helping absorb the void zones. And then stacking in front of the boss = getting parried loads. Urgh.
    Spoils - prone to sudden deaths due to AoE. Massive dps loss when dropping bombs.
    Thok - excellent if you can prolong phase one for ages. Utter joke in phase two, unless you're really living on the edge and just praying you're not next on the target list.
    Blackfuse - might be okay on this fight. But I imagine they suck on the assembly line.
    Paragons - no thanks.
    Garrosh - won't be able to kill corrupted weapons at all. Or engineers. Shaman will require lots of running around. Overall horrible.

There's not one situation where I'd willingly take a melee over a ranged. Not one. And that sucks.

Bosses need larger hit boxes for non-tanks (might be complicated to program) or melee needs a little extra 'range' to do their attacks (even if its an extra yard that would solve many issues).
    Lets see what you did wrong.

Immersius - Melee doesnt need to strugle about anything, boss has a huge hitbox and you can drop puddles so close you will never run out of space. For range it can get harder when boss is low on HP since it takes time to cast spells. Killing adds is EZ
    Protectors - Melee/ranged friendly fight.
    Norushan - nothing wrong with this fight.
    Sha of Pride - Melee doesnt need to run and kill the big add, range can do that, one prison can be done by tanks so its EZ fight
    Galakaras - So running a bit is hard? Have you played this game before MoP?.
    Iron Juggernaut - So? Again bit of running is hard? You can place the boss so that the pule doesnt throw you so much....
    Dark Shaman - The boss that spawns the oozes stands still, one tank can move the other boss and be save, There are a lot off CC that you can do to them and they will die in 4-5sec or less.
    Nazgrim - So? running to kill an add is hard. I bet you enjoy Patchwerk like fights....
    Malkorok - There is no need for melee to absorb them at all, You have ranged + healers that are spread out...
    Spoils - AoE death never happened, if you have problem you are not killing the right ones. Bombs are not the issue, you can remove them in few sec So no, not at all a massive dps loss.
    Thok - For melee EZ fight during standing phase due to non being interrupted, littile running is hard? Also there is an add you can help get killed
    Blackfuse - Line isnt a problem at all, and tbh i love the fight. one of the easiest fights in SoO....
    Paragons - 2 boring, but not that hard if you have a decent group....
    Garrosh - Any caster can kill the engineer, im soloing them as moonkin in 2-3sec or less ( 10man ), rogues can kill them, hunters can kill them... Shamans are not the problem if they get hit by wheel. Fun fight and moderate hard...

So L2P
    Last edited by markos82; 2013-10-08 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Lets see what you did wrong.

Immersius - Melee doesnt need to strugle about anything, boss has a huge hitbox and you can drop puddles so close you will never run out of space. For range it can get harder when boss is low on HP since it takes time to cast spells. Killing adds is EZ
    Protectors - Melee/ranged friendly fight.
    Norushan - nothing wrong with this fight.
    Sha of Pride - Melee doesnt need to run and kill the big add, range can do that, one prison can be done by tanks so its EZ fight
    Galakaras - So running a bit is hard? Have you played this game before MoP?.
    Iron Juggernaut - So? Again bit of running is hard? You can place the boss so that the pule doesnt throw you so much....
    Dark Shaman - The boss that spawns the oozes stands still, one tank can move the other boss and be save, There are a lot off CC that you can do to them and they will die in 4-5sec or less.
    Nazgrim - So? running to kill an add is hard. I bet you enjoy Patchwerk like fights....
    Malkorok - There is no need for melee to absorb them at all, You have ranged + healers that are spread out...
    Spoils - AoE death never happened, if you have problem you are not killing the right ones. Bombs are not the issue, you can remove them in few sec So no, not at all a massive dps loss.
    Thok - For melee EZ fight during standing phase due to non being interrupted, littile running is hard? Also there is an add you can help get killed
    Blackfuse - Line isnt a problem at all, and tbh i love the fight. one of the easiest fights in SoO....
    Paragons - 2 boring, but not that hard if you have a decent group....
    Garrosh - Any caster can kill the engineer, im soloing them as moonkin in 2-3sec or less ( 10man ), rogues can kill them, hunters can kill them... Shamans are not the problem if they get hit by wheel. Fun fight and moderate hard...

So L2P
    This, "melee friendly" does not mean you want melee to do the job, quite the opposite, it means the melee have the easy role.

P.S PLEASE Be Method vs Blood Legion in the live raid, let's see if BL's tank can keep quiet in front of everyone

Paragon would be nice too but I doubt they will use 10 man, but never know. Paragon + 15 devs vs BL/Method? Aha.