Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Last 3 pages of this thread:
    One guy: "You're doing it wrong!"
    Other guy: "No, YOU'RE doing it wrong!"

I don't click but I play with standard UI...
    Why?
    Every new char I make I CBF reconfiguring the addons or loading profiles for them... I'm just lazy
    But as long as my key binds are set I'm all good. The default blizzard UI has everything u need, save for recount and DBM.

Deleted
    I have yet to see a succesfull clicker personally.

Admitting clicking wasn't the only thing they did wrong tho.

Show me a clicker that kills Hexos o.o
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-10-08 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Try to kill Hexos while clicking + keyboard turning and tell me that it is just as good as keybinding + mouse turning if it feels better personally.
    Hexos.....

Oh Yes, that was just horrible, but you have to admit that Hexos was some kind of MiniGame IN THE GAME, very unusal fighting style.
    And Yes after about 5 years of WoW, it was the (hopefully) ONE AND ONLY GODDAMN SHIT situation where I was brutally forced into Keybinds.
    But as a PVE-Player i doubt there will be anything like this in the future.

Btw to all those of you, QQing about us clickers, whether you intent to just help or make us look stupid and stubborn:
    Just live with the simple fact that there are still alot of clicking players, who are skilled, know what to do, don't die on shit, and get ranked or whatever AND are definately able to play tons of GOOD Key-Players into the ground, at least in PVE.

And just because you don't know them personally, doesn't mean they just don't exist....

Quote Originally Posted by Shanfallah View Post
    Btw to all those of you, QQing about us clickers, whether you intent to just help or make us look stupid and stubborn:
    Just live with the simple fact that there are still alot of clicking players, who are skilled, know what to do, don't die on shit, and get ranked or whatever AND are definately able to play tons of GOOD Key-Players into the ground, at least in PVE.

And just because you don't know them personally, doesn't mean they just don't exist....
    Yet your post wont change their minds. The people who QQ won't be won over by arguments.
    In this thread, there were keybinders that asked clickers what they did in certain situations. Try to win over those people. The "I don't see why you would want to handicap yourself"-crowd won't ever be won over by arguments (especially not on this forum). Ignore them and start dealing with the people who would actually listen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Ignore them and start dealing with the people who would actually listen.
    Guess what I did all those years
    But still it's just sad, because the only ones that would listen as you said, are the ones like us.
    I already wrote something earlier where i tried to make us look better than THEY do.
    But I think we are a dying species, killed by the harsh and overwhelming majority of Keybinders, who tells us that you HAVE to play the game the same way as most of them do....and if you don't, your just not competitive or even worse.....

Soooo Saaaad

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a guild leader since 2006 and I learned ages ago to judge results and not micro manage.

I click blink, alter time, and time warp. If they are bound I seem to screw them up.

I use a combination, 1-6 are macros, F is a cd... but I click with my mouse to heal on the standard ui. I move using a combination of my mouse and keyboard, and after doing it for so many years, it's pretty seamless. So if I have to used my mouse to change targets or whatever, I automatically switch to wasd mid movement.

I click for my OS and my alts... just because I don't play them much. If I did, I would probably put more time into learning/binding everything. For now it sorta messes with my healer keybind muscle memory. :P

Deleted
    The Blizzard UI has gotten much better in recent years so I can see it working ok for anyone. Custom UIs just mean some additional deltas especially for dps as tracking certain things (multidots come to mind) is still horrible with the regular UI.

Further I can see why you don't have a problem with clicking as a tank:

A) Threat is a joke so you really do not have to optimize your dps (something like +5-10% DPS from hitting abilities faster is not a big deal)

B) A good tank is mostly required to gage when he has to use his CDs (synergy with his healers is key). While time is certainly of the essence I don't think the few hundred ms are much of a handicap.
    (Aside from basic positioning and the mandatory tank swap on pretty much every boss.)

As to your question. No I do not know anyone who clicks BUT I also don't think most players would admit to it if they did. So some people might click after all.

Probably not the dpsers though as with clicking ranking would be much harder.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-10-08 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanfallah View Post

But equivalent to defying gravity for human, you just can't decide to fly if you practice enough. It literally is impossible for a clicker to play on the same level as someone with his keys bound because there is a very limited amount of things you can keep track off with two eyes and two hands.

Deleted
    Clicker and successful yea...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why over-complicate your life with remembering which key does what?

I've always clicked and I've been relatively successful (when I played).
    Because it doesnt take long to remember the keybindings. A pure clicker will never perform as good as someone that is using keybindings.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    But equivalent to defying gravity for human, you just can't decide to fly if you practice enough. It literally is impossible for a clicker to play on the same level as someone with his keys bound because there is a very limited amount of things you can keep track off with two eyes and two hands.
    It is possible, the thing is YOUR brain cant handle it... so you cant imagine that anyone's else can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you handicap yourself into being a clicker when you can spend about 1 hour and learn to pull off a more efficient rotation by using keybinds? I don't care how quickly you click, you can't pull off an optimised rotation if you have to rely on mouse travel time.

Imo UI has very little to do with whether you are a clicker or a presser and very much to do with having all the information you need about your surroundings / auras / resources available as naturally and effortlessly as possible.

Lots of people use the default UI, and that's because it's completely fine for almost all scenarios.

I don't think anyone could deny that you can become reasonably successful in pve clicking. I used to click in pve as well to make it more interesting (kinda funny if you watch youtube while playing pve and like 5 mins later you notice your mouse wandered off onto a different ability and you're still #1 dps even though you've just been toggling autoattack on/off good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Yea, that's exactly what I did when I learned to keybind. I keybound a few abilities at a time, and once I was comfortable with those abilities I bound more. Rinse and repeat. Now I have everything fully bound.
    I moved to using a Razer Nostromo. Went to keybinds in about two weeks. Not looking back. For the most part my keyboard sits on the couch next to me unused unless there is some stick in the mud who insists on typing instead of talking on mumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    I used to ( i left WoW few months ago ) play in decent raiding guild ( all bosses world top 300, best result world 86th ) and i was a 100% clicker. Still, I was considered one of the more skilled player in our raid team. ( also, standard blizzrad UI ).

So all your arguments are invalid
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

and the moon is made of strawberry sherbet.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    "hey guys im a clicker and do really well, im always top of my raid team that hasnt killed normal modes!"

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Oh I have, but I dunno. I've had Xperl since Vanilla (or very early TBC, can't remember) and I'm very fond of it. Tried ElvUI but it wasn't really my style.

Thanks for the friendly tip though!
    Xperl is just a tremendous waste of memory for tons of completely useless bells and whistles that are unneeded to complete anything.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    Why would you handicap yourself into being a clicker when you can spend about 1 hour and learn to pull off a more efficient rotation by using keybinds? I don't care how quickly you click, you can't pull off an optimised rotation if you have to rely on mouse travel time.

Imo UI has very little to do with whether you are a clicker or a presser and very much to do with having all the information you need about your surroundings / auras / resources available as naturally and effortlessly as possible.

Lots of people use the default UI, and that's because it's completely fine for almost all scenarios.
    People like you are why it's hard to take keybinder arguments seriously. There's this thing called a GCD, it's tied into most abilities you use, and means you have plenty of time to 'travel' to the next key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I've become so dependant on my Naga keybinds that I can't play with any other mouse.