Deleted

Enha Mastery vs Haste

Hi there,
    I have a simple question. Is it better to gem and reforge to Haste or Mastery when ilvl of char is about 542(eq)?

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on your setup. Link your profile.
    Having cloak/meta gem, certain trinkets can drastically change your values, that being said Mastery has eeked slightly above/on par with Haste in T16 due to the nerf to RPPM trinkets.

Learn how to Sim yourself and use reforge plots, there is rarely a straightforward and easy answer, and right now Mastery vs Haste highly depends on your gear.

Deleted
    It depends on your Talent Choices and if you have the T16-2p bonus. But usually Mastery comes out ahead.

To be 100% sure you should load your character into simcraft and test it yourself, but I think the only case where Haste is ahead is with Elemental Mastery + Primal Elementalist and Assurance of Consequences Trinket (Cooldown Reduction).

The 2P bonus favors Mastery, Elemental Blast and Unleashed Fury builds aswell, so I think its the most save choice when you are not sure.

Depends on gear and talents, but they will be fairly close regardless

EotE/UF weight mastery, PE weights haste. RPPM trinkets weight haste, AoC weights haste. t16 2set weights mastery, etc.

Without any idea what you've got @ 540 it's most likely 1 agi > 2 mastery => 2 haste
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    my char : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/ohavnabestia/advanced

at a glance you should be 1 agi > 2 haste > 2 mastery by a fair margin with that setup. MAYBE even 2 haste > 1 agi > 2 mastery, but can play it safe with the former if you dont want to wait and see if someone sims you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play enh right now, but haste makes the most sense because of all the abilities and talents you can use that will stack with it.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Deleted

350 sec fight length, all buffs, lust at the start, 50k iterations.

2 haste > 1 agi => 2 mastery => 2 crit

You're doing it wrong. Mastery and haste are very close, use the reforge plots to find the optimal values (it's ~10k haste for me).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    You're doing it wrong. Mastery and haste are very close, use the reforge plots to find the optimal values (it's ~10k haste for me).
    Oh yeah, that's right.

Deleted
    to Megamisama : so should i reforge to haste or mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforge plots - use them.
    Learn how to use Sims properly if you want 100% optimal DPS, there are never 100% right answers for you without simming correctly with plots.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Reforge plots - use them.
    Learn how to use Sims properly if you want 100% optimal DPS, there are never 100% right answers for you without simming correctly with plots.
    It's important to note that there is very little difference between all 3 stats. Single target it's less than 1% dps difference for me currently.

What is more important (imo) is to consider how each of the stats impacts your performance. For example, on Seigecrafter belt dps > all. In this case you definitely want mastery as you spend a lot of time in Ascendance form while you're on the belt and you're generally be chain casting LBs at the end of the belt as the weapon goes into the hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post

350 sec fight length, all buffs, lust at the start, 50k iterations.

2 haste > 1 agi => 2 mastery => 2 crit

The scale factors are the coefficent of gradient the meaning in that case is:

if you gain 1 agi -> your dps will increase of 6.93
    if you gain 1 haste -> your dps will increase of 4.20
    if you gain 1 mastery -> your dps will increase of 3.45
    if you gain 1 crit -> your dps will increase of 3.31

unfortunately this is true at the starting point of your current gems/reforge/enchant, if you use those value as coffecient to maximize your gear "score" then you will see that simming it again the weight will be completelly different, that's because your the "thruth" is in the middle, you are basically stuck in a local minima and they say the "immediate" direction to move toward. I will take those "absolute values" with grain of salt.

I prefer Mastery just because its significantly more versatile in damage potential than Haste.
    While Haste may be 'slightly' better on single target, under certain conditions. Mastery is much better for AoE damage.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    I prefer Mastery just because its significantly more versatile in damage potential than Haste.
    While Haste may be 'slightly' better on single target, under certain conditions. Mastery is much better for AoE damage.
    That's it. Mastery is much stronger on AOE so it's an easy choice: go all out mastery and on top, you go for haste.

It's not like in 5.3 where haste was a lot better, no matter what.

There are three variables that affect each other here:
    - Single Target vs AoE
    - Fight mechanics
    - Talents

2-Set bonus favours UF spec.
    AoC trinket favours PE spec

PE favours Haste build.
    UF favours Mastery build.

PE favours burst fights.
    UF favours steady fights.

Single favours Haste.
    AoE favours mastery.

I don't know about you, but I just killed Garrosh normal last week with my 2 days-a-week raiding guild. So yesterday was our first heroic boss. I manage to rank on WoL every now and then. But I don't bother reforging and gemming my whole gear between bosses. I would if I had the skills to play in a top 250 guild, but I don't....so I don't.

For the 90% of us enhancement. Keeping a healthy balance between haste and mastery and then change talents between fights, e.g PE on Immerseus, EotE on Galakras and we're fine. The balancing from Blizzard has never been better than in MoP. Really.

I just simmed single target patchwork fight UF vs PE. I have 11153 haste rating and 15612 mastery rating, AoC trinket and 4 set. The results were a 4k difference. That's not gonna be the deciding factor in our kills tbh. Ofc simcraft told me that haste was more valuable at these fights than mastery but most figths have some sort of cleave so in real life, I'm never gonna be standing still and dpsing 1 target.
    Last edited by Geekboy; 2013-10-10 at 03:29 PM.