Thread: Thok HC

Deleted

Thok HC

We had our first day on Thok HC and I was wondering, if it could be more efficient to go with a full masterybuilt. After a while I can't get any Prayer out so I am mostly spamming shilds, pom and DS. And without smiting crit feels a bit inconsistent.
    What do you think? Unfortunately I don't have any logs from yesterday :X

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Qoolu/advanced

Deleted
    Inner Focus gives you a 5 sec long immunity to interrupts. Think you should try to get abit more haste so its easier to get a PoH between each interrupt. If you still dont like it i guess mastery is better.

Once you get enough crit, your PWS will crit enough that it is still better than a heavy mastery build. And with being able to hit 20+ ppl at once with DS, crit will apply more DAs. I don't know how many paladins you are running with, but make sure to make full use of casting during AMs and unless they are being used for something else more important, dont be afraid to ask for BoPs so you can continue casting.

1-3 smite DS 1st and 3rd
    4 BT+PI+inner+SS focus-5
    6 pws DS
    7 BT+PI(still going) POH
    8 PWS DS(should be back up i think)
    9 PWS
    10-15 POH with AM
    16-20 smite/pennance (yea.... kinda screwed here lol) and use PWS to snipe any low hp member)
    20 barrier
    23-25 inner focus POH (depends when you inner focus)

but yea different comp will be different since we have 2 pallies rolling AM thats like 12s of free POH spam

i know my guild havent got this down yet due to long holiday ect zzz but hoping we kill it this week or week after (its long over due T.T)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Has anyone done this as holy? I might have to fill in as holy since our resto shaman might not make it (not the best swap, I know lol), and I'm wondering the best way to approach the fight (I.E. go full haste? Stay in serenity and spam renew?)

Any advice will be appreciated!

As Holy you do mastery>crit>haste, spam renew, CoH/Divine Star/PoM/Sanctuary as able. Divine Hymn with a BoP. And make sure you use Twist of Fate, too.
    Last edited by Thaleous; 2013-10-08 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleous View Post
    As Holy you do mastery>crit>haste, spam renew, CoH/Divine Star/PoM/Sanctuary as able. Divine Hymn with a BoP. And make sure you use Twist of Fate, too.
    Thanks, can I ask the reasoning behind this though? Is it not worth it to try to get haste to a level where I can PoH inbetween screeches?

I'm in a 25-man, so even if I got the PoH off, it would have been 90% overheal anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleous View Post
    I'm in a 25-man, so even if I got the PoH off, it would have been 90% overheal anyhow.
    Ah, do you think for 10s it might be worth it? I really haven't kept up with anything holy especially on a fight like that so sorry for all the questions.

I'm not sure, tbh, lol. I'd say it depends on if you have the T16 2p. If you did, I'd say that would make a haste build for PoH more attractive than instant cast spamming. Currently I'm able to get a 2x serendipity PoH cast off on Thok on my Priest, and I have 996 haste, so I don't see you needing much haste, tbh, unless you want to try to get it off with only 1 serendipity, or something.
    Last edited by Thaleous; 2013-10-08 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyra View Post
    Once you get enough crit, your PWS will crit enough that it is still better than a heavy mastery build. And with being able to hit 20+ ppl at once with DS, crit will apply more DAs. I don't know how many paladins you are running with, but make sure to make full use of casting during AMs and unless they are being used for something else more important, dont be afraid to ask for BoPs so you can continue casting.
    Faaabulous response

i can't imagine bopping a disc priest because half their output is from instantcast divine star, and the hps difference between them casting casttime abilities vs PWS is almost nil. you'd get more healing out of bopping a spriest using VE than a disc priest in most cases. restoshaman and holy priests are def worth bopping (healing hymn and chain heal gogo).

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    i can't imagine bopping a disc priest because half their output is from instantcast divine star, and the hps difference between them casting casttime abilities vs PWS is almost nil. you'd get more healing out of bopping a spriest using VE than a disc priest in most cases. restoshaman and holy priests are def worth bopping (healing hymn and chain heal gogo).
    We run with 4-5 paladins, so there are BoPs to go around, which is why I said if they should be spared. 10 seconds of free casting with 60% crit + PI + PoH is rather effective when coupled with the chain AMs we get. But again, this is situational and of BoPs are sparse they would of be more useful for Tranq/DH. And most shamans that are working on this in 25s are using a haste build, so they don't actually need BoPs, I believe.