Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I was in a flex raid where everyone died. I had to solo the last 20% of galakras, he ended up at 99 stacks (capped) and I had vengeance cap. Was quite fun.
    Ja
    Looking at our set i don't even honestly care for 4 piece as much as i care for 2 piece which seems insanely strong in those situations and synergies extremely well with the our talents and the vial.

10+ Year Old Account
    So guys - How about the malkorok int/haste shield. Anyones using it?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

After postponing tanking for a long time, I don't really like the whole use dps stats for tanking thing, I'm thinking on trying again paly tanking. The question I have is what gear I'm supposed to use. haste/mastery gear wherever I can with a tank 1h and shield? Or maybe crit pieces if they have haste? Use the tanking tier pieces? How do I balance the tank/dps gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    After postponing tanking for a long time, I don't really like the whole use dps stats for tanking thing, I'm thinking on trying again paly tanking. The question I have is what gear I'm supposed to use. haste/mastery gear wherever I can with a tank 1h and shield? Or maybe crit pieces if they have haste? Use the tanking tier pieces? How do I balance the tank/dps gear?
    Pieces with haste/{hit/exp/mastery} are your friends. Pieces with haste/crit aren't bad, and sometimes are the best you can do for a slot. The T16 2pc, eh, I could take it or leave it, but using Eternal Flame makes the T16 4pc almost mandatory.

But the most important thing you can do is to stop considering haste gear, dps gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    So guys - How about the malkorok int/haste shield. Anyones using it?
    Seeing how for me it's a running joke (GG tortos shield) maybe, but as soon as i'd get nazgrim shield i would replace the malkorok one with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Pieces with haste/{hit/exp/mastery} are your friends. Pieces with haste/crit aren't bad, and sometimes are the best you can do for a slot. The T16 2pc, eh, I could take it or leave it, but using Eternal Flame makes the T16 4pc almost mandatory.

But the most important thing you can do is to stop considering haste gear, dps gear.
    Tbh i personally thing that 2 piece is stronger than 4 piece.
    Because : a) you're only refreshing when you're at 5 stacks b) you don't want to replace as soon as you get to 5 stacks if the HoT is weaker --> we get ~3 free HoP every 15+ sec (probably even less)

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Tbh i personally thing that 2 piece is stronger than 4 piece.
    Because : a) you're only refreshing when you're at 5 stacks b) you don't want to replace as soon as you get to 5 stacks if the HoT is weaker --> we get ~3 free HoP every 15+ sec (probably even less)
    I have nothing against the 2pc, just that, for me, it's not as good as it could be as I tend to minimize my defensive CD usage (speaking from a 10N perspective), and only use DP (unglyphed most of the time) when there's a powerful magic attack - which tends to make it stay off CD more frequently than it theoretically could. Of course, usage of DP (and other CDs) depends highly on the fight, but DP tends to get less use than other CDs, making the 2pc less useful, to me.

The 4pc, while only being a free 3 HoPo every 15-30 seconds (sometimes less with high dp procs), to me is less about the HoPo returns than it is about the removal of the opportunity cost of using EF. My experience thus far this patch tends to tell me that the time I want to hit EF and have one rolling on me also often corresponds to wanting a SotR up; of course, banking HoPo makes it so that they can come out nearly back to back, but removing the opportunity cost (in EF->SotR situations, allowing SotR to be used immediately, and in SotR->EF situations preventing the need to regain all 5 HoPo to be banked properly) of EF will make EF usage less situational.

I have nothing against the 2pc, just that, for me, it's not as good as it could be as I tend to minimize my defensive CD usage (speaking from a 10N perspective), and only use DP (unglyphed most of the time) when there's a powerful magic attack - which tends to make it stay off CD more frequently than it theoretically could. Of course, usage of DP (and other CDs) depends highly on the fight, but DP tends to get less use than other CDs, making the 2pc less useful, to me.
    The 2P HoT is calculated from the total damage taken while DP was active and not by how much DP negated, yeah? If that is the case, you could potentially have a pretty significant up time on DP between Vial and UbS. I feel like that could be fairly OP especially in heroics when bosses melee pretty hard. I can only think of a handful of fights where you would need to save DP for a certain mechanic so idk...I'm all for dat 2P.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    The 2P HoT is calculated from the total damage taken while DP was active and not by how much DP negated, yeah? If that is the case, you could potentially have a pretty significant up time on DP between Vial and UbS. I feel like that could be fairly OP especially in heroics when bosses melee pretty hard. I can only think of a handful of fights where you would need to save DP for a certain mechanic so idk...I'm all for dat 2P.
    That's true. I'm sure once I get my 2pc I'll start taking advantage of it (who can say no to free heals?), and adjust my play style around it. And hey, it's not like I'm giving up anything to get the 2pc, since I want the 4pc anyways. I just need the celestials/coins to be nice and actually give me loot, which, yet another week, isn't happening...

That's true. I'm sure once I get my 2pc I'll start taking advantage of it (who can say no to free heals?), and adjust my play style around it. And hey, it's not like I'm giving up anything to get the 2pc, since I want the 4pc anyways. I just need the celestials/coins to be nice and actually give me loot, which, yet another week, isn't happening...
    Yeah....I got THREE tier legs.

Last week was the worst - won one off celestials, coined, got excited, legs again.

Yeah....I got THREE tier legs.

Last week was the worst - won one off celestials, coined, got excited, legs again.
    My paladin has gotten the haste pants off Ordos. That's the only piece he's gotten from either world boss this patch...and out of 7 toons, each running both bosses and coining each boss, I get lucky if I get a single piece...that's my luck

My paladin has gotten the haste pants off Ordos. That's the only piece he's gotten from either world boss this patch...and out of 7 toons, each running both bosses and coining each boss, I get lucky if I get a single piece...that's my luck
    Ouch man...I got lucky with the haste bracers off Ordos.

The one time I got gloves off Celestials, I forgot to swap Loot Spec so I got a nice pair of Ret gloves :P

Ouch man...I got lucky with the haste bracers off Ordos.

The one time I got gloves off Celestials, I forgot to swap Loot Spec so I got a nice pair of Ret gloves :P
    I saw earlier in the thread someone had done that, and so every time I go to the Celestials, I always double check my loot spec (and swap it, of course, because it's the only time I don't want Ret)

Deleted
    I saw earlier in the thread someone had done that, and so every time I go to the Celestials, I always double check my loot spec (and swap it, of course, because it's the only time I don't want Ret)
    I did the opposite. Killed celestials as prot and forgot to change back for ordos, got gold on celestials and dodge/parry shoulders on ordos. FML.

Such is life of a protection paladin.

I did the opposite. Killed celestials as prot and forgot to change back for ordos, got gold on celestials and dodge/parry shoulders on ordos. FML.
    I fucked up and killed celestials as ret first week and got gloves.
    Put in 2 tickets got told to eat shit.
    Next week killed as prot got legs, still haven't seen prot gloves.

(Atm probably going to go for prot chest/gloves and offpieces in helm/shoulders/legs)

Deleted
    I got some meh ret thing from Ordos (crit/mastery iirc) and wondered if I had messed up picking prot spec. Then I looked at the prot drop list. It seemed EVERYTHING was parry/dodge. I did not feel so bad after that.

Got a question. I know the stat priorities, but do hugher level non-perfect ones (aka hit+crit for example) are better then lower ilvl with better stats (dodge + master as an example)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Got a question. I know the stat priorities, but do hugher level non-perfect ones (aka hit+crit for example) are better then lower ilvl with better stats (dodge + master as an example)?
    Yes, 553 ilvl hit+crit item will be better than 528 ilvl dodge+mastery for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was lucky and got 2 tier pieces last week, and ive coined 2 tier helms of Thok (damn you trinket!) So hoping shoulders of Siegecrafter drops off my coin this week for my 4p
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

I finally got 4P...and as much as I like it, I had to lose almost 2k haste to equip everything.

It hurts..................