Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It can be determined which is best. You only need a somewhat accurate measure of how many BE players there are and how many people actually want HE as a seperate race.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I never said there was a huge party of neutral High elves, but there are some NPCs listed as neutral. However, and again, we can't argue population as there is nothing significantly factual on that topic.
    Aside of course from the fact that somewhere around 80-90% of their population became Blood Elves. A population that wasn't all that big to begin with and hasn't exactly had opportunity to grow since then.
    Besides, it was Blizzard that said that HE population is to small for a playable faction. Not us.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-10-04 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It can be determined which is best. You only need a somewhat accurate measure of how many BE players there are and how many people actually want HE as a seperate race.

Aside of course from the fact that somewhere around 80-90% of their population became Blood Elves. A population that wasn't all that big to begin with and hasn't exactly had opportunity to grow since then.
    Besides, it was Blizzard that said that HE population is to small for a playable faction. Not us.
    Again, Blizzard said that 8 years ago in a blue post. If you think Blizzard will feel obligated to stand by that post in this current day and age, then I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Blizzard has retconned before.

I had an idea for ogres as a playable race once, but they weren't affiliated with any of the established ogre clans.

If I remember the lore correctly, the ogres were - at one point - a brutally cunning race, far superior to their modern day cousins in terms of intellect. Ages of both enslavement by the gronn and being hunted for sport by the orcs did a number on them.

My idea for playable ogres involves a clan from Outland that managed to evade enslavement migrating to Azeroth through the Dark Portal. They knew that Outland was falling apart, and decided to follow their kind. Once on Azeroth, their leader, whom I have yet to name, meets with Vol'jin, and these "true" ogres are assimilated into the Horde.

As far as racial attributes go, they are largely strength-oriented, with their base strength being higher than the orcs but lower than the tauren. The same applies for their stamina and other attributes. In terms of classes, we've seen warriors, hunters, warlocks, mages, and shaman; I don't think it would be too outlandish for there to be ogre priests. Rogues I'm a little iffy on as ogres aren't the most stealthy of races, but I imagine it's doable.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    I had an idea for ogres as a playable race once, but they weren't affiliated with any of the established ogre clans.

If I remember the lore correctly, the ogres were - at one point - a brutally cunning race, far superior to their modern day cousins in terms of intellect. Ages of both enslavement by the gronn and being hunted for sport by the orcs did a number on them.

My idea for playable ogres involves a clan from Outland that managed to evade enslavement migrating to Azeroth through the Dark Portal. They knew that Outland was falling apart, and decided to follow their kind. Once on Azeroth, their leader, whom I have yet to name, meets with Vol'jin, and these "true" ogres are assimilated into the Horde.

As far as racial attributes go, they are largely strength-oriented, with their base strength being higher than the orcs but lower than the tauren. The same applies for their stamina and other attributes. In terms of classes, we've seen warriors, hunters, warlocks, mages, and shaman; I don't think it would be too outlandish for there to be ogre priests. Rogues I'm a little iffy on as ogres aren't the most stealthy of races, but I imagine it's doable.
    Well, there's already a clan affiliated with the Horde, so implementation with that clan wouldn't be super lore-breaking and all that jazz.

Because Alleria hates the Horde. She may be neutral to the Blood elves, but no way would she go Horde only to be allied with the very race she wants extinct (orcs).
    She hates the Old Horde, who are also enemies of the New Horde. And her own people have joined the New Horde.

It is true that the silhouette problem about High elves being playable is now invalid because of the Pandaren being neutral. But yeah, Blood elves on Horde never made sense.

Back on topic, I can see High elves being playable at least some time in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they were playable when Alleria returns.
    Personally I don't think the problem will be solved in WoW. Maybe Warcraft 4 / WoW 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    She hates the Old Horde, who are also enemies of the New Horde. And her own people have joined the New Horde.

Personally I don't think the problem will be solved in WoW. Maybe Warcraft 4 / WoW 2.
    I understand that the Blood elves are on the Horde, but Alleria still hates the Orcs. I could see her neutral towards the Blood elves, but against the rest of the Horde. Remember, the High elves are still on the Alliance side along with her non-psycho/undead sister.

I believe High elves will be playable sometime soon, but I could wait if not as soon as I expect.

The only way High Elves make sense is if they are added as a sub-race option for Blood Elves. It doesn't make sense to make a third Elf race option. Besides, Blood Elves and High Elves are the same thing. The only differences between them are political. Blizzard should just make a lore footnote that says the remaining high elves have joined the Blood Elves and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercos View Post
    The only way High Elves make sense is if they are added as a sub-race option for Blood Elves. It doesn't make sense to make a third Elf race option. Besides, Blood Elves and High Elves are the same thing. The only differences between them are political. Blizzard should just make a lore footnote that says the remaining high elves have joined the Blood Elves and be done with it.
    High elves are a classic Warcraft Alliance-sided race! There's no way Blizzard would do that, plus the lore would't make sense considering all High elves hate the Blood elves and their fighting against the Blood elves would be for nothing!

Like an above user posted, we already have Humans, Dwarves (short humans), Gnomes (even shorter humans), and Worgen (sometimes humans) as playable races. What's the big deal about adding just a second elf race to the Alliance when the lore makes sense?

Deleted
    Said it once, no many times, and will say it again. No more races, no more classes, we need improvements to the actual game and those things are not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    hideous elf race = trolls.
    Trolls are BEAUTIFUL, you monster! *runs away crying*

Seriously though, a hideous elf race would be great. Haha.

High elves are a classic Warcraft Alliance-sided race! There's no way Blizzard would do that, plus the lore would't make sense considering all High elves hate the Blood elves and their fighting against the Blood elves would be for nothing!

Like an above user posted, we already have Humans, Dwarves (short humans), Gnomes (even shorter humans), and Worgen (sometimes humans) as playable races. What's the big deal about adding just a second elf race to the Alliance when the lore makes sense?
    High elves were a classic Alliance race. Then 90% of them joined the Horde. Their homeland is now a Horde zone. Their city is a Horde city. If you are going to add High Elves to the game, it makes much more sense to add them to Horde than it does to Alliance at this point. Its a waste of time since Blood Elves and High Elves are the same thing, but whatever. You can argue that Blood Elves never should have been Horde in the first place, but the deed is done at this point. If Alliance were to get an elf sub race, it makes more sense to give them Nigh Elf Highbornes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    hideous elf race = trolls.
    My friend, you've got it all wrong! Hideous troll race = elves*.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

I'm not sure why there NEEDS to be a huge neutral population. Pink Warcraft elves have the most mutable allegiance in the franchise, outside of maybe Goblins. It wouldn't take much, what with the recent huge upheavals in the Horde, for a few thousand faceless mook NPCs to jump ship to the winning team when one of their greatest heroes returns.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mercos View Post
    High elves were a classic Alliance race. Then 90% of them joined the Horde. Their homeland is now a Horde zone. Their city is a Horde city. If you are going to add High Elves to the game, it makes much more sense to add them to Horde than it does to Alliance at this point. Its a waste of time since Blood Elves and High Elves are the same thing, but whatever. You can argue that Blood Elves never should have been Horde in the first place, but the deed is done at this point. If Alliance were to get an elf sub race, it makes more sense to give them Nigh Elf Highbornes.
    You act as if High eves aren't existent. They are still a part of the Alliance, mind you, an Highborne are physically the same as Night elves and they're on the same faction; unlike High elves and Blood elves (though physically the same, but they're on different factions).

Deleted
    Don't tell what and what not to think. High elves are heavily involved within the Alliance. There isn't even a solid case on High elven population considering that nothing has been confirmed. Also, racial identity isn't an issue given that the Pandaren are on both factions.
    yes, they are " heavily involved" as in THEY are already the very small numbers they are, part of the alliance. They have been since for ever. and there has been a very solid case on their population. 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War -Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves. so even lets say IF there was 1 milion high elves before the 3 war Then there was only 100k left, then with 90% of what is left, means there is about 10k high elves left. That is not considering, the high elfs was dire maul.

Again, Blizzard said that 8 years ago in a blue post. If you think Blizzard will feel obligated to stand by that post in this current day and age, then I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Blizzard has retconned before.
    Which would be, by definition, their final word on the matter.

You people just won't shut up with your elves? So what if it was said earlier today? What then? Oh Blizzard won't feel obliged to stand by that statement because the guy who said it didn't use enough intonation, or, he didn't shave this morning.

This is why you get the "hate". Because there's not discussing anything with you, you refuse to acknowledge any facts that might weaken your take on high elves being added as a race.

If you are so convinced that the race will be added then why the hell do you constantly need to bring up the subject?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did this topic really need to be necroed (I know its only been 4 days but still) when theres a 25 page+ open topic on the same issue?

This should be locked and we should contain our spleen on the other thread don't you agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Alliance need a badass. We have all wussy races. Worgen and male draenei are all terrible players. Alliance need an ogre or something. Space goats look like pansys. Worgen walk like their paws weigh 300 lbs and they have poop stuck to their butt fur. I play both sides and it annoys me that none of the male alliance toons look badass. whereas all horde look pretty mean. Alliance really needs a new race with some good racials. Mostly all the heroic raiders are horde because of racials. Give alliance orcs and horde can take night elves, worgen and dranei. Its a fair trade.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please no more stupid night elves, blood elves or high elves. No more stupid looking floppy ears. I can tell you with certainty that if those races were real, they would shave down/cut off those stupid ears that get in the way of everything. NO MORE ELVES. get rid of the ones we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    No. Alliance need a badass. We have all wussy races. Worgen and male draenei are all terrible players. Alliance need an ogre or something. Space goats look like pansys. Worgen walk like their paws weigh 300 lbs and they have poop stuck to their butt fur. I play both sides and it annoys me that none of the male alliance toons look badass. whereas all horde look pretty mean. Alliance really needs a new race with some good racials. Mostly all the heroic raiders are horde because of racials. Give alliance orcs and horde can take night elves, worgen and dranei. Its a fair trade.

- - - Updated - - -
    Vrykul. The Alliance need em. Ogres belong to the Horde (in fact it's the only missing race and the Horde won't be complete without them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Did this topic really need to be necroed (I know its only been 4 days but still) when theres a 25 page+ open topic on the same issue?

This should be locked and we should contain our spleen on the other thread don't you agree?
    How much does it cost you to make a mew thread? Oh, youre not affiliated with mmo champion? Then you care why? Youre trying to save the owner of the site .0003 cents?

Ooooh, youre one of those bandwagon guys who wants to be 'in' with the admins and feel like youre powerful and better. Get lost asshole. People are having a gpod discussion and all you can input is how theres another thread so you might have to scroll past another one. Pull your balls out of your vagina fanboy, mmo champ doesnt need you to admin for them.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-10-08 at 06:54 PM.