Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Ghostly Pandaren Woodcutter told me today that Woodcutting will be the next profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    dancing would be a secondary profession, and it should be!!

but as to primary professions (if the distinction continues to exists) something like woodwork would be appropriate, surely. Or ceramics/pottery? or stone carving?

I really liked the proposition of Skinning/Mining/Herbalism being rolled into the productive profession automatically.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I would prefer they either rework or add more to the current professions. For example, leatherworking could use some revamping as it's probably one of the worst to level up from my experience. If they would either combine skinning/herbing/mining all into 1 gathering profession or merge them into the appropriate skills. If they combined all the gathering professions into one them each perk combined *might* make it more competitive for people who use it for the perks only to consider using it over the other main professions.

Other than that make the professions somewhat more useful than high end gear. Perhaps toys, items, etc? Engineering actually making more guns/bows than one or two. The usefulness of professions right now is really low, imo, and would like to see them be more useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I have every profession at 600 across a number of alts and I would not say that any of them have ever taken any considerable effort to level.
    If you buy everything off the AH, of course it will be "easy", but the price you pay to bypass gathering all the mats yourself is the gold you spend. And just because you were able to buy all the items off the auction house doesn't mean everyone else has the AH activity to do that themselves. Maybe items are over-priced by a considerable margin or maybe the items simply aren't listed. And if you're saying you gathered all of the mats yourself and it wasn't a "considerable effort", you're a masochist, you're lying, or you've simply forgotten how big of a pain it is to level things like LW and JC while gathering everything yourself.

For reference: I also have every profession maxed at least once - enchanting twice, inscription twice, alchemy twice, leatherworking twice, jewelcrafting twice, mining three times, herbalism three times, skinning three times. I leveled the vast majority of my crafting professions from mats I gathered myself because I play on a Med/Small realm where the AH prices are normally ridiculous for low level mats due to a severe lack of market competition.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Deep Sea Exploration

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Banking, which is only available to a new class called Banker, which occupies a special 12 slot that can only hold a Banker.

Bankers can level up all professions at once, pass soul bound gear from one of your alts to another alt. As you level up Banking you get more bank tabs. Banker also would not pay the Auction house tax. Max level Bankers can also bet on the brawler’s guild, PVP Arena and Battleground matches and Raids (note, they could only bet on you to win). They would also have access to both Alliance and Horde Auction Houses. To keep the economy acceleration up (money moving around) non soul bound items and consumables held in a bankers bank would decay over time and be deleted after 30 days.

Bankers that have leveled up all professions would be able to convert lower level Ores, raw Gems, Inks, and Fabrics to higher level versions (for example 1000 copper ore into 1 silver ore) and decompose bars, glyphs, gems into their basic parts.

Your other 11 Adventurers/Alts would be limited to the gathering professions only. On implementation all your current Professions would be inherited by the banker and your adventures would have to train up a new gathering profession. A new consumable item would be added to the game called Carrier Pidgin, which Adventures could use to load up with drops from adventuring/gathering/Raiding and send it to the banker.

Honestly, I hope they don't expands professions, instead they should revamp them to be useful and interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What will the next in-game profession be?
    Pimping, but it won't be easy and it will be hard out there for a pimp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elygos View Post
    Honestly, I hope they don't expands professions, instead they should revamp them to be useful and interesting.
    expanding professions and redesigning profession to be useful and interesting are not mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    expanding professions and redesigning profession to be useful and interesting are not mutually exclusive.
    I agree and did not imply that they were mutually exclusive.

That said, expanding a system and making it more complex when it is (IMHO) in need to redesign just makes it more difficult (but not impossible) to accomplish.

Bartending. Create alcoholic drinks that gives buffs (or debuffs)

Dwarves have a +10 racial bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    I think something that allows making of mog could be cool. Some BOP, some BoE, etc etc.. I mean there is a lot sets out there / different colour schemes of teir that have shown up and vanished / unused maybe they could make a powder to hide enchants / use older enchant effects. And for benefits of game play, idk maybe a select 3 items can be upgraded 3/3 instead of 2/2?
    I think there is some real potential there! Being able to recolor our own armor is probably number one on my list! Other games have done it with great success. Would also LOVE to see an ability to add armor to our mounts. An overhaul of current professions may be nice, but I don't feel that it's a must. If you really have problems leveling professions the way they are now then you are just lazy. I personally enjoy leveling professions. Yes some are worse than others (leatherworking) but all are very doable in a small amount of time invested.
    Last edited by Msshammy; 2013-10-08 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think instead of having to make 50 copper mauls (which we are just gonna vendor anyway cause not even an enchanter needs to disenchant them) to just level up

each wearable item we make in any skill bracket on the path to leveling up should have a unique and random appearance, so if we happen to create an item that looks really pretty we can choose to auction it to transmogers

i mean that would only serve to make Blacksmithing, Leatherworking and tailoring less boring, but it would be fun at least.

some other solution needs to be made to make alchemy and jewelcrafting interesting while leveling.

learning Engineering schematics could have a open/un-set order, where each item you make gives you skill points which you spend on learning a schematic for a new tinker or gadget or companion or mount, allowing you access to gadgets and tinkers companions and mounts at lower levels if you prioritize spending your skill-points to get those schematics. You should also be able make one rare random mechanical battle pet a day (or week)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-10-08 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post

Pandaren too, after all, they did bring the "Brewmaster" class to the game.

I could really see a 3rd profession option but it being limited to only Gathering Professions. Also seems Blizzard wants to steer people away from leveling more alts just for professions. Maybe add a 4 gathering profession, or making disenchanting a gathering profession as much as I would be against this.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Better yet, just roll the gathering profession right into their crafting profession.
    Terrible idea, just awful.

Why don't just every player get access to all profs on all alts on cap skill and all mats for free?

Rather than a new profession, the current ones need to have a sub class called "FORGING"

This lets you take a white/grey/green piece of loot and with mats forge into a blue that can be sold.

The pieces forged would be based on what went into it, for example some powders might have a chance of making a piece of steel denser giving it Strength. Others may make the steel lighter and would give it Agility. Some pieces may refine the blade making it thinner and more precise giving it a Crit stat.

This can also be applied to armor and would affect - Tailoring, Leatherworking (needs a new name), and Blacksmithing.

Swords, daggers, shields, polearms, and axes would be made by blacksmiths
    Hammers would be made by miners
    Crossbows, bows and guns would be made by engineers
    Wands and Staves would be made by enchanters
    Offhands would be made by Jewelcrafters and Scribes (for librams)

Fist weapons are... (in my mind) modifications to your gloves so they would be made the appropriate armor vendor

It would be a great way to deal with bag space and would help revitalize the economy so it stays fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plumbing. Really, most of the people of Azeroth need more indoor plumbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Plumbing. Really, most of the people of Azeroth need more indoor plumbing.
    there are NOT enough toilets on Azeroth! Stormwind canals? those are just open sewers.

yeah.....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post

Give the racial to Pandaren, as Dwarves already get a bonus to Archaeology
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)