Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Is it five cents or two cents!?
    I don't think I like the thought of High Elves as a playable race...we've already got Blood Elves and Night Elves...High Elves would just be too similar
    It'd be more interesting if it was something like the arakkoa...but that obviously doesn't fit into the OPs scenario...
    I think it'd be something more Outland/Burning Legion based that gives us Arakkoa and Ogres as playable races

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather the high elves be lead by alleria and turalyon returning to the alliance, retake and rebuild stromgarde turning into a mini stormwind with auction house, bank, class trainers, profession trainers, vendors, flight path etc etc etc making it a daily quest hub and begin to retake parts of the northern kingdoms, possibly retaking and rebuilding alterac. Pushing forward to Lordaeron.

Rexxar and the ogres can push into and build the horde counter part in dustwallow marsh, aiming to retake parts of the barrens allowing dustwallow to be horde starter zone and connect with the barrens quest flow. the horde could get a huge ogre mound so possibly a huge ogre mound in dustwallow that is similar to iron forge, a subterranean horde quest hub/capital. (gives the ogres a semi faction hub and capital if they do become playable) plus with the fall of theramore allows the horde to reclaim dustwallow.

Kinda wish People would stop Crying out for high elves. The problem is, there already is a a Similar race. The problem it would Present is Blood elves, would say "We should get a free Faction change to high elves if we want" It was the same when Worgans was introduced, Many people wanted a Free race change from human to Wogan, or Made threads asking blizzard to implement, a "Gain the curse" quest.

The races i would like to see, is Jinyu and Hozen, because they make the most sense, because we spent the whole of Jade forest, bringing them into the fold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    I'd rather the high elves be lead by alleria and turalyon returning to the alliance, retake and rebuild stromgarde turning into a mini stormwind with auction house, bank, class trainers, profession trainers, vendors, flight path etc etc etc making it a daily quest hub and begin to retake parts of the northern kingdoms, possibly retaking and rebuilding alterac. Pushing forward to Lordaeron.

Rexxar and the ogres can push into and build the horde counter part in dustwallow marsh, aiming to retake parts of the barrens allowing dustwallow to be horde starter zone and connect with the barrens quest flow. the horde could get a huge ogre mound so possibly a huge ogre mound in dustwallow that is similar to iron forge, a subterranean horde quest hub/capital. (gives the ogres a semi faction hub and capital if they do become playable) plus with the fall of theramore allows the horde to reclaim dustwallow.
    By far I like this idea the best.

Making Alleria the racial leader is the best possible course of action. I also think it would be nice to re-do stromgarde as a mix between Elvish and human architecture signifying the ever lasting bond between the elves and humans.

Besides that I think this idea is brilliant and makes sense for the alliance and warcraft lore moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Kinda wish People would stop Crying out for high elves. The problem is, there already is a a Similar race. The problem it would Present is Blood elves, would say "We should get a free Faction change to high elves if we want" It was the same when Worgans was introduced, Many people wanted a Free race change from human to Wogan, or Made threads asking blizzard to implement, a "Gain the curse" quest.

The races i would like to see, is Jinyu and Hozen, because they make the most sense, because we spent the whole of Jade forest, bringing them into the fold.
    That doesnt make any sense. Jinyu is a very small factional race not to mention new also it would be hypocrisy since their just night elves with fish heads. Hozen are literally sentient monkeys. I dont even...
    Not to mention neither of these races are part of the alliance or the horde and since they were just introduced this expansion it would be quite boring to use them as the next race for wow.

The probability of people crying for a free faction change isnt a reason not to release a race either. Sure people asked for a race change when the worgen came out. Did they get it? No.

Besides it makes more sense for humans to turn into worgens then blood elves to turn into high elves. Worgens are essentially just humans that got bit by a werewolf. While High elves are members of the Quel'dorei that did not follow prince Keal on his dark and treacherous path to gaining demonic power. They already exist as part of the alliance both in game and lore wise. They just lack a starting zone and playable status.

10+ Year Old Account
    jinyu and hozen would be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    How much does it cost you to make a mew thread?
    2.386 kittens.

A 4 day old thread really doesn't qualify as a necro, though.

Deleted
    Beside what i said before. that people need to get the head out of their asses if A: They think it is fair alliance get a reskinned night elf, and hordes get a ogre, B that people are forgetting they are already part of the bloddy alliance.

I think the ogres for hordes work well, since they have been part of the Horde before(even tho was the old horde) And with that logic, if we should look at a possible race to join the Alliance i think it would be, a Furbog - Added to the Dranies also have a small faction of friendly furbogs on their starter island (have been knowen to be inteligent, and have a bit of history of the night elfs) if not, then could be seen in some of the night elfs old alliances, could be Dryads or Mountain Giants Both have been part of the Night elf army before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Beside what i said before. that people need to get the head out of their asses if A: They think it is fair alliance get a reskinned night elf, and hordes get a ogre, B that people are forgetting they are already part of the bloddy alliance.

I think the ogres for hordes work well, since they have been part of the Horde before(even tho was the old horde) And with that logic, if we should look at a possible race to join the Alliance i think it would be, a Furbog - Added to the Dranies also have a small faction of friendly furbogs on their starter island (have been knowen to be inteligent, and have a bit of history of the night elfs) if not, then could be seen in some of the night elfs old alliances, could be Dryads or Mountain Giants Both have been part of the Night elf army before.
    By reskinned night elf are you talking about the jinyu. wtf

P.S furblogs are stupid and primitive and simplistic they have no place in the alliance dare i say even the horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Vrykul. The Alliance need em. Ogres belong to the Horde (in fact it's the only missing race and the Horde won't be complete without them).
    but Vrykul doesn't need Alliance i'm afraid :P

"hey guys lets leave Northrend and go to Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms and fight Horde with our brothers in Alliance!"

srsly I don't rly see Vrykul, Jinyu or some other Arakkoa joining Horde or Alliance. They are having a good time in their land away from Horde Alliance conflict(where base of operations are in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deshow View Post
    By reskinned night elf are you talking about the jinyu. wtf

P.S furblogs are stupid and primitive and simplistic they have no place in the alliance dare i say even the horde.
    No not the junyu. Never commented on them, i mean you probaly talked about them, and i forgot them, they kind of made sence since they did join The Alliance in Pandaria, but still, never ones said anything about them. I talked about High elfs, which is the title of this thread.

Furblogs are not stupid. Primitive yeah, but ogres are also not known as master Engineers of Azeroth and Outlands. They are a race which have always been allied to the night elfs, they if not as friends but they have known of each other. Lore reason could be in Garrosh compain of mass killing, they have decied to help defend aginst him. Or that it is time to help the world aginst demons, since it was demon who fucked up felwood for them. Primitive yes, but so is most troll culture. fact is they have showen to be inteligent, passiv yes, but they have some missions, they know of honor and how to show gratitude(since they have a faction, and give you a reward) They are not just mindless neutral monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Not Ogres. Horde should get Satyr.
    I'd love playable Satyrs. I think they're an under-appreciated race, and I don't know why they aren't more prevalent in the lore other than being generic creeps and lackluster midbosses. They're devious and cunning, they should be much more behind-the-scenes and relevant to world politics than just being those demon dudes that nobody cares about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'd love playable Satyrs. I think they're an under-appreciated race, and I don't know why they aren't more prevalent in the lore other than being generic creeps and lackluster midbosses. They're devious and cunning, they should be much more behind-the-scenes and relevant to world politics than just being those demon dudes that nobody cares about.

Except that is why they won't be playable, they're Demons. Demons are innately evil and basically irredeemable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i think the alliance need a new dark affiliate. We need a race of defected orcs or trolls. Could tie in with voljin being warchief and some of them dont agree. I dont know but alliance have been shafted when it comes to mean looking races. We have space goats and retarded puppies. Please, Blizzard, i beg you, give me a reason to play alliance other than humans. (Cause awesome pvp trinket). I love dwarves but they look really ....weak.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Except that is why they won't be playable, they're Demons. Demons are innately evil and basically irredeemable.
    We have playable undead and werewolves. We have Elves on the Horde, we have 'Holy Eredar' on the Alliance. We have a Neutral race with Pandaren. I don't think playable Satyrs is a stretch by any means, even if they are considered 'demons'. It's as easy as giving the playable faction of Satyrs a redemption story and starting quest zone/quest line that explains how they rid themselves of demonic influence. The Orcs did it, the Blood Elves did it, and even Wrathion is an example of a redeemed Black Dragon.

There's numerous ways to approach it. Naaru intervention. Cleansing through the Emerald Dream or Druidic magic. Using the Titan device that cleansed Wrathion. Illidan's return and redemption, leading him to devise a way to redeem the Satyrs. Endless possibilities to explain it really.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-10-09 at 03:17 AM.

Sounds fine to me as a concept. I like the idea of Dustwallow Marsh being a starting zone for new races. I'm not a fan of phasing though. Isn't Dustwallow Marsh too small for all that leveling content though? In addition, a new land with unique architecture etc may be better suited.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    yes, they are " heavily involved" as in THEY are already the very small numbers they are, part of the alliance. They have been since for ever. and there has been a very solid case on their population. 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War -Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves. so even lets say IF there was 1 milion high elves before the 3 war Then there was only 100k left, then with 90% of what is left, means there is about 10k high elves left. That is not considering, the high elfs was dire maul.
    There's nothing of note on the definitive number of High elves left on Azeroth to conclude that they're unplayable. Give me a definitive number, and then we'll see.

Which would be, by definition, their final word on the matter.
    Their word on the matter was pre-TBC. They said High elves wouldn't be rejoining the Alliance (if I'm not mistaken, that was said in the blue post), and look at where we are now.

You people just won't shut up with your elves? So what if it was said earlier today? What then? Oh Blizzard won't feel obliged to stand by that statement because the guy who said it didn't use enough intonation, or, he didn't shave this morning.
    You're speaking for me. Until Blizzard officially declares that High elves will never, ever, in the whole history of the Warcraft MMO, be playable, then I will stop talking about playable Alliance High elves. However, as this isn't the case, I'll speak freely of their playability all I want.

This is why you get the "hate". Because there's not discussing anything with you, you refuse to acknowledge any facts that might weaken your take on high elves being added as a race.
    What facts? An outdated, pre-TBC, blue post that doesn't acknowledge any canonically definitive numbers of High elves left on Azeroth doesn't mean they're unplayable. Draenei were retconned into existence, so anything is possible at this point.

If you are so convinced that the race will be added then why the hell do you constantly need to bring up the subject?
    I want to see what other people think. Is it that big of a deal to you? If you hate the idea of even the speculation of them being playable, then don't go on any post involved with the subject instead of complaining about people who want playable High elves.

Vrykul. The Alliance need em. Ogres belong to the Horde (in fact it's the only missing race and the Horde won't be complete without them).
    Vrykul think theh umans are weak, and don't really express interest in them. High elves are the only missing race on the Alliance and the Alliance won't be complete without them.