Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yet wing 2 is just impossible without 5-7+ wipes in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Snip
    Raid = Epic, if they had added a RAID setting for people to see but it only rewarded green or blues? It would have been a waste of THEIR time to add it in. See content sure, but not worthy of running AGAIN. Its like heroic raids and the stupid mount rewards that come from it. Its a carrot on a stick to make people do the content over and over to get as many people the mount after they are geared, other wise they wouldn't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Yet wing 2 is just impossible without 5-7+ wipes in LFR.
    There's always THAT ONE BOSS that is really hard for pugs to master. Remember Durumu? And Horridon? And Garalon? Give it a few weeks and it'll be more like 1-2 wipes max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I got in this morning and we 1 shot everything except spoils which took two because someone didn't know the box started the fight. I think they learned their lesson after the 4 hour wing 2 wipefests.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Raid = Epic, if they had added a RAID setting for people to see but it only rewarded green or blues? It would have been a waste of THEIR time to add it in. See content sure, but not worthy of running AGAIN. Its like heroic raids and the stupid mount rewards that come from it. Its a carrot on a stick to make people do the content over and over to get as many people the mount after they are geared, other wise they wouldn't bother.
    Pretty much this. It isn't really about what the players want so much as it is about what rewards does Blizzard need to give players to get them to do something they don't want to do over and over again so that they don't have to spend money on developing content for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    There's always THAT ONE BOSS that is really hard for pugs to master. Remember Durumu? And Horridon? And Garalon? Give it a few weeks and it'll be more like 1-2 wipes max.
    But Wing 2 there are at least two bosses like that (Shamans, Nazgrim) and sometimes Galakras for some groups. Plus when people wiped on Durumu, it was after a few minutes due to the first beam. When people wipe on any of the four bosses in Wing 2 SoO, it is invariably towards the end, often due to berserk. That means each wipe is 9 or 10 minutes in the making. End result: you spend more time on one boss than a competent Flex group takes to clear the whole wing.

Will it get better in 2 or 3 weeks? Yes, if they nerf them more. They've already nerfed Nazgrim quite a bit and it's still taking most groups several failstacks to get a kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Siege LFR will teach some of the LFR scrubs how to play
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    But Wing 2 there are at least two bosses like that (Shamans, Nazgrim) and sometimes Galakras for some groups. Plus when people wiped on Durumu, it was after a few minutes due to the first beam. When people wipe on any of the four bosses in Wing 2 SoO, it is invariably towards the end, often due to berserk. That means each wipe is 9 or 10 minutes in the making. End result: you spend more time on one boss than a competent Flex group takes to clear the whole wing.

Will it get better in 2 or 3 weeks? Yes, if they nerf them more. They've already nerfed Nazgrim quite a bit and it's still taking most groups several failstacks to get a kill.
    As people who are also doing flex and normal fill the gear slots they were missing, it should be interesting to see how many people and the quality of those people that continue to do LFR as the weeks go on. It isn't an efficient means to get valor, and repairs usually cost you more gold than you get. The only reason to really run LFR will be if LFR is the only form of raiding you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'm actually very interested in the new LFR (Eu player here, so I can't experience it just yet).

Questions:

1. Malkorok soaking, if it's completely ignored, will it result in a raid-wide wipe or just removed shield + a little damage taken?
    2. Malkorok cleave, if everyone split it, will it even nudge your hp bar?
    3. Spoils, how do the boxes work? Can people grief and open every single one and fuck everything up?
    4. If someone would grief, are you able to AoE everything down or will they actually kill the tank even if he's geared/using CDs?
    5. Thok, is there even a second phase at all? If so, will he one-shot people standing in the path?
    6. Is this part easier than the second part?
    1. I'm not sure about this 1 as I've only done it once.
    2. Health bars move a decent amount when splitting it. Although not everyone splits it because they dont pay attention.
    3. Griefing is entirely possible.
    4. Griefing will readily wipe you.
    5. Thok one shots on phase 2 as far as I can tell.
    6. It's going more smoothly than the second part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

if the chomp only does 155k like someone said, and there's no aoe interrupt, why didn't they just leave a target dummy in the room instead, it's kind of sad when blizzard knows the average LFR player is a brainless idiot and therefore removes every mechanic of the fight, must suck as a designer to spend all the time thinking up mechanics to put into fights and how they should be handled by players, then tune heroic normal and flex, then they get to LFR and go....lol lets just remove all these mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if the chomp only does 155k like someone said, and there's no aoe interrupt, why didn't they just leave a target dummy in the room instead, it's kind of sad when blizzard knows the average LFR player is a brainless idiot and therefore removes every mechanic of the fight, must suck as a designer to spend all the time thinking up mechanics to put into fights and how they should be handled by players, then tune heroic normal and flex, then they get to LFR and go....lol lets just remove all these mechanics.
    Chomp doesnt do 155k, it one shots, and there is an aoe interrupt that thok uses frequently.

Assuming by chomp you mean his attack during blood frenzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

The only mechanical changes on lfr are thok switching phases at a fixed health percent.

After 4 wipes a bunch of "scrubs" were able to learn spoils. After 2 wipes they learned malarak. And they one-shotted thok.

This pisses people off because it just shows people who play the game 10 hours a week are capable of pressing the same buttons at the same time as people who play 10 hours a day.

The painful realization that absolutely nobody on earth looks up to "hardcore" gamers. Because there's essentially nothing hardcore about it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying how somehow still even though LFR offers them nothing, people are offended at it's existence. It's for casual players who can't or won't schedule their free time around a video game each week. You don't like it? Don't ... run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Since when has LFR been about effort?
    Since no effort = wipe

I joined a raid with a stack of determination for spoils. Thought whatever, we'll down it in 1-2 more pulls. By the time we had 5 stacks of determination and were dying to the enrage timer I decided that the raid wasn't going anywhere. I was the top DPS at 180k, followed by a warrior and rogue around 140k. Everyone else was sub 80k. More than half of the raid's DPS was below 60k. This is with a +25% damage bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am happy with LFR being easy for people that would otherwise not see that content. If you want a challenge, find a guild or learn to pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Chomp doesnt do 155k, it one shots, and there is an aoe interrupt that thok uses frequently.

Assuming by chomp you mean his attack during blood frenzy.
    Possibly so, but as someone who healed that in LFR today, I saw a great deal of ribcages flying around while healing the person with the laser pointer on them just standing there trying to face-tank it.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Man, they are really setting people up to afk in this new wing lol. I don't think blizzard understands, the easier the content, the more people that will afk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to my play time being early morning, I can't get a normal guild. So LFR/Flex is my only option.
    Getting a premade for LFR solves a lot of things (Openraid.us/eu).
    Besides, LFR drops 528 when normals drop 553, a huge difference if you ask me.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Part of me is sad that they have to dumb down LFR to faceroll levels. Another part is happy that' it's not a frustrating wipefest like part 2 SoO LFR.

On the other hand, who cares? Flexi mode is where it's at!