Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Droprates SoO increased?

Just read this:
    "can you comment on SOO increased LFR drop rate. Are these statistics accurate?
    We view LFR each tier as having a finite lifespan whether you finish your gear or not, so we might as well give you the gear. (Source)"

Have they increased droprates in SoO? Not even all the wings are open yet.
    Or are they planning to increase it as the we go along?

First time I read anything about higher droprates in SoO.

I would be happy if they did increase the droprates, that's nice for gearing alts and so on.

They are talking about the baseline chance of getting an item from an LFR boss.

In t14/15 it was something like 16% whilst the content was current, in SoO it's 25%.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Scroll back on MMO front page, there are values in one of the posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It would be kinda ridiculous to maintain the same drop rates while considerably bumping down LFR ilvl at the same time. Even fewer people with a brain would do LFR.

Deleted
    i hope so, ive ran every LFR wing on 2 characters since SOO released, used maximum tokens every week, and ive got 2 items so far, one item on my hunter, and one item on my monk. i am either very unlucky or the drop rate was like 2%

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i hope so, ive ran every LFR wing on 2 characters since SOO released, used maximum tokens every week, and ive got 2 items so far, one item on my hunter, and one item on my monk. i am either very unlucky or the drop rate was like 2%
    Droprate can be 99% and you can still run it 500 times and get nothing, probability is a bitch.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Ran LFR on my alt shaman and got gear from every single boss. Which was a shocker, because I went 6 weeks in ToT LFR without a single piece of gear.

Guessing they changed it because LFR gear is crap anyway. It's not even as good as the timeless gear.

I think they want people upgrading quickly in LFR and then getting into flex/normal raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    25% drop chance, 8 boss kills, 1 item -_-
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    25% drop chance, 8 boss kills, 1 item -_-
    That sucks ._. I went through 8 bosses and got 2 leather shoulders, 2 leather gloves, 1 fist weapon, 1 Neck and 1 leather boots.

Went through 8 bosses again and got 2 AoC trinkets and a waist..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    They are talking about the baseline chance of getting an item from an LFR boss.

In t14/15 it was something like 16% whilst the content was current, in SoO it's 25%.
    This is great!
    I remember running lfr for weeks and only getting gold. 25% isn't bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Just unlucky. I've done it on two. On one, I won nothing. On the other, I won gold on every roll but I won an item on every boss - shoulders, 450 - 528 bow upgrade, and the "30% cooldown reduction" hunter trinket. Was sooo pleased

I'm glad to see a slight buff in drop rates. I agree with Blizzard on this one: the tier will not last longer just because people are forced to run it even more to get any kind of gear. If anything, I'd rather seen 30 - 40%. A lot of us have a lot of alts that we'd gear up, keeping the LFR alive longer than the normal/heroic raid tier would.

I really hope that as time goes by and the next patch comes, the rates will be increased.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just the base line drops compared to T15. I forget who did the research on it but I think it was on average ~10% higher.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Drop rates are great...I get to have the same item 2-3 times now. Not a new item, just something I already have. YEAH ME!

I won't notice this "buff" to drop rates.
    I do lfr, flex, some reg.
    No one drop this week from either. Or last week. Celestials is on week 4 with nothing. Quite common for me.
    Nice to know though.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Another thread where casuals are begging/advocating for free loot. lol

Infracted. Post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-09 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Another thread where casuals are begging/advocating for free loot. lol
    Don't be so selfish, now.
    OT: I've done the first wing of LFR a few times before my sub ran out. across 4 toons doing the first 4 bosses up to once., i've only won 3 pieces of loot.

The higher drop rate may be evidence that the next expansion is closer than we think.

Or it may be that progressive nerfs are incoming, so they want everyone to move up to Flex/Normal/Heroic and will stretch out the tier that way.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"