Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How good is MoP?

I was a pretty addicted WoW player all throughout BC and WotLK, which were awesome expansions and I loved WoW at the time, but then not long after Cata came out the game started feeling stale to me. I took long breaks all throughout Cata, and never really got into the expansion, and I haven't logged on in about 2 years now. However, I still find myself thinking about WoW sometimes and wondering how it's going for yall.

So, how good would you guys say MoP is? Does the game still feel stale and boring, or has it gotten any better since Cata?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd say it's easier to get into the endgame now compared to what it was in 4.3 Cata.

So if you like what you're seeing right now, pick it up. Though personally I'd wait until after Blizzcon in early November and judge based on what's coming in 6.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I hadn't played seriously since BC. I played some periodically in WotLK and Cata to feed by addiction. I liked Wrath, but never got into Cata. Started raiding seriously in MoP and I love it. Very solid expansion imo.
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

It definitely doesn't feel stale or boring - there's plenty of new stuff to do - but it's different, which may be a turn off.

I would try out WoW again. MoP, in my opinion was the best expansion. Although I had more fun in TBC because I played with my friends, objectively I would say MoP is better. Pandaria is beautiful and both ToT and SoO are excellent raids. There is an immersive story and the world is much more vibrant thanks to CRZ (I am one of the people who enjoy it). My only complain is PvP is so full of stuns and CC that it's kind of ridiculous.

Honestly, come back to WoW. You certainly won't regret it. Blizz really put in effort

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll probably check it out if I can get some of the niggas I used to play with to resubscribe with me...

Biggest expansion (content wise) by far, i would definitely buy it again.

MOP is the worst expansion WoW has ever seen.

Do not expect dungeon content or long quest chains. MOP is strictly linear in questing and raiding is dominated by LFR. Dailies are cumbersome and mandatory.

Deleted
    I'm loving MoP so much. I think it's on par with Wrath for me personally. Best memories are here, made alot of friends, enjoyed raiding. All in all i'm having a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post

Do not expect dungeon content or long quest chains. MOP is strictly linear in questing and raiding is dominated by LFR. Dailies are cumbersome and mandatory.
    The dungeon content is correct. After the initial launch there wasn't anymore.

Everything after this is wrong. Raiding is not dominated by LFR. Dailies are no longer mandatory.

As an entire package, with all the quests and instances and lore, I will remember it as my favorite era in WoW. My biggest gripe with the current patch is that they shifted almost entirely away from dailies and it essentially killed the day-to-day game. You have to do old content to find anything of worth outside of raiding.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post

Flat out wrong. If you only do LFR, then yep ofc that will dominate your raid experience. Dailies are in no way mandatory, and haven't been since right after release. A perfect example of a very stupid answer =)

OP: you will like it, there is a ton to do and the game is far more engaging and immersive than in Cata, my personal feeling. The raids are above and beyond what Cata delivered post T11, and the timesinks are numerous and fun. That being said it may well be worth waiting to see what 6.0 holds and if you're looking forward to that, before jumping into MoP for a few months and then being dissatisfied what happens

10+ Year Old Account
    One a scale of 1 to potato, Rösti.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    I'm loving MoP so much. I think it's on par with Wrath for me personally. Best memories are here, made alot of friends, enjoyed raiding. All in all i'm having a great time!
    Sorry for the off-topic but that's a gorgeous sig. Did you make it?

OT: MOP is the best xpac I'd say. Improved graphics, better and more engaging quests, panda's are awesome, the farm is a nice touch. Content wise there hasn't been a better xpac imho although I did love Wotlk because of the setting, lore and Nordic feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look into other threads, MoP is ranked 2 as best expansion, and above TBC, which will give you a view how pple think about it =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Far better than Cata will ever be in my opinion. I never liked Cata till the last patch where I was drawn back by personal friends to do some RBGs. MoP feels more fun, there's something for everyone in my view. Whether it was dailies, scenarios, random dungeons, flexible raids, timeless isle(world pvp, rare farming, coin farming..etc), arena, brawler's guild, proving grounds, rated bgs and many more(make sure you get the OQue addon). I never recommended Cataclysm to any of my friends but this expansion I definitely do and all of them seem to enjoy it similarly.
    Last edited by ImpalerEU; 2013-10-10 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKeef View Post
    I haven't logged on in about 2 years now. However, I still find myself thinking about WoW sometimes and wondering how it's going for yall.
    Get someone to ressurection scroll you and that way you can then get releveled up fast to 80 (new char or old I believe) but the expansion is a new style of game compared to TBC but theres always something you can do but as ever depends on what you enjoy it caters for nearly every aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

actually its not bad right now

Oh also, is Mists of Pandaria mainly over now? Like was Garrosh the main boss of MOP?

MoP is about as good as you want to make it. If you stick yourself in the mindset that it will be bad, it will be bad for you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing