Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Shadow priest pvp damage is awful.

I have 5 90's with grievous weapons and spriest is by far the lowest damage.

Im not sure how they can buff pvp damage without affecting pve but something needs to be done. 55k mind blasts on spriest, 120k obliterates on frost dk.....lolz guess what class im gonna play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their consistent damage is pretty terrible but DP>3 orb insanity seems to still be very deadly

Deep wounds ticks 3x as hard as VT and SW:P combined. GG blizzard.

When there's spriests doing quite well on the ladders then you know it's either you or your teammates that's the problem. And from your complaining I can definitely narrow it down to you and you alone.

The spec certainly has it's issues but none of them are crippling and the it is certainly still rank 1 viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I dont claim to be a rank 1 player but there is no denying that the damage is bad. Sure we have offheals and some utility, but this thread is about damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I dont claim to be a rank 1 player but there is no denying that the damage is bad. Sure we have offheals and some utility, but this thread is about damage.
    As the above poster mentioned, you still have great ways to deal hefty amounts of damage.

And mind blast currently does comparatively far more damage than you're claiming since it hits for much more than a colossus smashed slam. 55k sounds like a hit, not a crit. 120k obliterate is a crit on an undergeared target.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

No i was comparing crits to crits. I know its not apples to apples im just saying lol

Shadow came out of the gate looking and feeling pretty good. Then, bam Blizzard smacked them with the nerf bat - nerfed ShadowWordPain 15%. Granted, they buffed it 20% so it's a 5% net buff but it does feel weak and it is weak. Did a little research out of the top 500 players in 2s - there are 2 shadow priests. And, even though, this info may be a bit outdated now, but at the start of 5.4 - ShadowPriests ranked dead last in SOO dps.

Not exactly WTF blizzard is thinking. But, if I think about it, I realize they just aren't thinking at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And, deep wounds is passive, it's automatcially applied with other abilities. This statement is the perfect example of one class being "Super OP" and another class being "Weak beyond Belief." Otherwise, the other 9 in the middle are relatively balanced right now from a PVP standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Reddins View Post
    Their consistent damage is pretty terrible but DP>3 orb insanity seems to still be very deadly
    True, but it is a very short window to take advantage of. And, a skilled player will either CC you, move out of range or work the LOS angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As the above poster mentioned, you still have great ways to deal hefty amounts of damage.

And mind blast currently does comparatively far more damage than you're claiming since it hits for much more than a colossus smashed slam. 55k sounds like a hit, not a crit. 120k obliterate is a crit on an undergeared target.
    With full Tyrannical Gear atm you will be hitting a solid 60-70k with Mind Blast crits, no one really cares what you think "sounds like a hit and a crit" the facts are there and you are simply to ignorant too see them out.

Someone will always be on the bottom, just like someone will always be better than you.
    do what you feel.

Just sounds like someone doesnt know how to pvp on a spriest, complaining about deep wounds lol maybe try being melee and being kited for weeks before complaining that you cant put out enough damage 5 miles away from the person trying to slowly run over to you.

Deleted
    This is how shadowpriests work :
    -in between bursts multidot 2-3 targets
    -burst and completely fck someone up

Single target non-burst is sht yes, just like any dots class boomkin/affli/..

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    Just sounds like someone doesnt know how to pvp on a spriest, complaining about deep wounds lol maybe try being melee and being kited for weeks before complaining that you cant put out enough damage 5 miles away from the person trying to slowly run over to you.
    You wanna complain about getting kited? Try playing an enh sham this expansion.

BTW, Melee here and i agree that deepwounds is stupid atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    You're an idiot. Melee classes have plenty of mobility to allow them to get within melee range of casters; Warriors Charge, Heroic Leap and Intervene /w Skull Banner.
    Perhaps you would like some more examples? Okay then.

-Rogues Sprint, Vanish (allowing some time to get back on the target), Shadowstep and let's not forget their slow casting-speed and movement poisons.

-Monks of course have their Roll which can be upgraded with some of the talents (Momentum and Celerity), the level 90 talent Torpedo is also another ability that allows monks to get back on spell casters.

-Feral Druids can Pounce whilst prowling, they also have some speed increase abilities such as Stampeding Roar and Dash. Skull Bash as well for Guardians.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can apply Deep Wounds at range, across multiple targets. When my bleed is dispelled the target is also feared and takes damage for their lack of pious.

Actually I can't as I'm not a Warrior IMMA PRIEST LOL

Slightly more serious post: You compare a spell to a spell, really? It's the whole package or bust. Cripes.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2013-10-10 at 07:05 AM.

try frost mage. 25K CRIT icelance and 40K CRIT frostbolts.. shadow priest suddenly doesnt look so bad

Deleted
    Frostmage with 25k crit? What game are you playing? I'm getting 60k crits easily with Cd's

Edit: And 40k+ without!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    try frost mage. 25K CRIT icelance and 40K CRIT frostbolts.. shadow priest suddenly doesnt look so bad
    Try playing SPriest/Frost Mage/RDruid and watch how both classes are perfectly fine.

PvP isn't about what single class is the best, it's about synergy with other classes. The reason people complain about Warriors is because they synergize with basically every other DPS class in the game, with the exception of Rogue and possibly Monk. Spriests, on the other hand, basically need to have a Mage or Feral Druid on their team. While Mages synergize with slightly more classes.

If you look back at every class people call overpowered, you'll notice that they work well with multiple classes. The synergy is good. Warrior/Lock is strong now because they can both apply lots of spread pressure. Warrior/Hunter is strong because they have single target pressure (Warrior specs differently than Lock in this case). Warrior/Enh is strong because the Enh can spam dispel while doing good damage, and the Warrior does strong damage.

Things like that is what makes classes appear more overpowered/underpowered than other classes. Sometimes there are exceptions, of course, DKs in season 5 were broken. Warriors in patch 5.0 that could crit for 400k in 1 global were broken. But overall, it's more about synergy and less about a single class being strong. SPriests are viable, and they're good, they just need the right partners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    You wanna complain about getting kited? Try playing an enh sham this expansion.
    Windwalk totem my friend. Also if you are being kited you can hex, ground, shear, tide for heals, bulwark, sham rage, ground again if talented for it. Etc

Dont panic when you are behind the wheel on an enhance. Just stay cool and use your insane utility.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Try playing SPriest/Frost Mage/RDruid and watch how both classes are perfectly fine.

PvP isn't about what single class is the best, it's about synergy with other classes.
    Eh, people that cant grasp it are usually the same bg heroes that want 1v1 arenas...