Heroic Spoils 25 - What order did you prefer?

We are now progressing on heroic spoils and after a few pulls last night we were kind of stumped as to the best order to be releasing the crates and who should be releasing them besides the tanks. We had our "lower" cleave dps melee do it and we were killing a total of 2 larges on mogu side and 1 large on klaxxi side.

-What order would anyone suggest for unloading the crates?

-Any tips?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SHLAM; 2013-10-11 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    -Any tips?
    If u need melee dps to open the crates then get a new tank.

2 large 2 pandas 2 mediums (I think?) rest small. Large takes a few seconds to spawn so you want to open the small ones and the panda around it at the start of the fight. After that, next large should be when CDs are up again. Monk tanks are always OP.

on mogu we did

2 pandas
    1 large
    1 large
    1 medium, if golem then nothing, if phylactery then a bunch of smalls with it.
    Then just smalls and mediums as needed to cap.

I'm not sure about the mantid order other than the fact that 2 pandas were first and larges were not opened at the same time

15+ Year Old Account
    Both large
    All medium
    4 small

In whatever order suits you. One at a time single target dps.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Both large
    All medium
    4 small

In whatever order suits you. One at a time single target dps.
    I'd say this is the best way to do it tbh. It's the fewest amount of boxes opened overall, and fewer boxes opened means less sparks on the other teams side.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

If you do both large, we found it beneficial at least mantid side to do mediums & smalls after first large and having 2minute cooldowns backup for second large.

Medium + pandas, release smalls as applicable.
    Large x 2, release smalls as applicable.
    Medium x2 + any more smalls to finish.

Smalls as applicable means - keep opening small boxes and cleave them next to the main target (medium/large) until you get a burial urn/amber kunchong at which point you pause to let dps catch up and clean most stuff out before grabbing some more boxes.

Only got real knowledge of mogu side as I heal it both times (disc OP for the sudden bursts of dmg):
    Open 4x small on pull and AOE while tank + healer goes to open 2x small pandas and let tank grab aggro.
    Kill 2x pandas.
    Open general 1+1 small, kill.
    Open general 2+1 small, kill.

This gives:
    4 Energy.
    19 Energy.
    34 Energy.
    38 Energy (small+medium).
    42 Energy (small+medium).
    46 energy (small+medium).
    50 energy (small+medium).

Total of 4 sparks at the start in a burst, then 10 sparks spread out over the rest of the phase.
    Cleave is possible at all times for optimisation of DPS.
    Nothing should ever be life threatening (maybe apart from urn sparks + general AOE, but that's easily moved from).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4O4b...ailpage#t=2368

This is a video from our short night of attempts last night. Dps should improve as we get more used to the fight but does anything stand out as problematic?

I've also heard of a few guilds swapping people so that melee are only doing mogu side and mages klaxxi for spelllstealing. worth?
    Last edited by SHLAM; 2013-10-11 at 08:48 PM.

Just watched your last pull, and the biggest problem was that one golem that healed for about 80% of it's HP, and you guys doing the math wrong. I would honestly recommend against opening 2x medium at once, rather open a medium and then 3 smalls and cleave em all down (if the medium was a phylacthery - if golem, burst it and open more when it;s nearly dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetan View Post
    on mogu we did

2 pandas
    1 large
    1 large
    1 medium, if golem then nothing, if phylactery then a bunch of smalls with it.
    Then just smalls and mediums as needed to cap.

I'm not sure about the mantid order other than the fact that 2 pandas were first and larges were not opened at the same time
    Same guild as this nerd;

Mantid side did;
    2 pandas
    2 mediums
    1 large (with 1 small up at a time cleaved)
    1 large (with 1 small up at a time cleaved)
    then smalls/mediums as needed.

With this strat, Mantid side should be at around 30% or lower on the second large when Mogu side starts their small box destruction - lovingly named "rape time" by our guild. At this point, take the second large to the center of the room and cleave the massive amount of sparks that are coming.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Deleted
    Apart from the already mentioned healing golem and doing math wrong, you just need smoother opening speed. As long as healers can make it, which they should, tell your tank to keep opening at a higher pace. Or tell him to aim at opening new boxes when the present mobs are at 10-30% higher health than what hes currently doing. Let dots plus whatever nukes are are already being cast finish the present mobs off.

From the last pull:
    Mistweaver is dead before you open first big. Open at 20-30% on mistweaver instead.
    First big dude dead before you open 2nd. Open at 5-10% instead.
    Almost same at 2nd big dude death.
    Not really smooth opening speed at 42:12. Neither at 42:52. Neither at 43:18.

And have someone (pref healer, once big dudes are dead its easy to heal) call out the math if your tanks cant as you get close to 50. "We're at 42 now, need 2 medium 2 small. 45 now, 1 medium 2 small. 49 now, just one small left" along those lines.