Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Crowd Chose You Hotfix Feedback, Blue Posts, Hearthstone Invitational, Fan Art

New Datamined Patch - Class Changes, Passive Effects, Item Graphics and MUCH more

Hearthstone Innkeeper's Invitational

Upcoming "The Crowd Chose You" Hotfix Feedback
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Will this also lower absorbs?
    It affects absorbs as well, yes.

This change HEAVILY favors double DPS.
    We disagree. Matches with double DPS comps rarely (if ever) last long enough for either The Crowd Chose You or the new Dampening mechanic to even become a factor. It'll take a full 10 minutes before Dampening even begins to stack.

Necrotic Strike + Dampening = GG...
    Necrotic Strike's healing absorption effect will be reduced at the same rate.

How does this address the double Blood DK issue again?
    This change isn't targeted specifically at Blood. As I mentioned before, one of our goals with the changes in 5.4 was to avoid heavily influencing player behavior. The Crowd Chose You has a strong affect on Arena gameplay in all brackets, across a wide spectrum of compositions, not just Blood DK in 2v2. We're going to fix Blood (and we're discussing how exactly to do that), but we don't want to balance the entire Arena system around it.

That's why it favors Double DPS.
    I'm not sure I follow. Looking specifically at the 2v2 bracket, matches where either team is running double DPS typically end before the 5 minute mark. They sometimes go longer, but almost never to 10 minutes. The games that do involve Blood DK's, which as I mentioned a few moments ago, we're looking to make additional changes to.

So, under normal circumstances, the only matches that will realistically be affected by this are Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS, in which case both healers are being affected equally. Matches between double DPS and Healer/DPS or another double DPS team are completely unaffected.

How is that fair to Unholy DKS? Necro strikes are their main source of killing in arnea. So you're going to nerf their main source of DMG cause of a healing debuff?
    Only the absorption affect will be reduced, not the damage output.

How doesn't this favor classes that already have a MS like warriors?
    Mortal Strike (and similar effects) are applied multiplicatively. That means they don't become any more (or less) effective as Dampening begins to stack.

Here's a quick, if mathy, example: Say you cast a heal that, unmodified, would heal for 100k. If Mortal Strike is active, that heal is reduced by 25%, for a final amount of 75k (and a loss of 25k healing).

Now, say Dampening is at 10%. Your 100k heal would then land for 90k. Mortal Strike would only affect the remaining 90k healing, putting the final amount healed at 67.5k. The heal was still 25% less effective than it would have been if Mortal Strike wasn't active, but was only reduced by 22.5K -- which, you may notice, is 10% less than the previous example, keeping it in line with the effects of Dampening.

TL;DR: Mortal Strike (and similar effects) are not made any more or less desirable by Dampening.

How will this effect Warriors and Warlocks? and other dps classes which have some sort of shield or similar damange migration ability, and how about damage reducing ability's like Hand of Sacrifice?
    Self-healing, shielding as well as other abilities and spells like Necrotic Strikes absorption effectiveness will also be weakened by Dampening, it will not just affect healing.

At first, as a pure healer, this seems very bad. And very bias towards dps and hybrids.
    We don't think that this change will diminish the value of healers or make them less desirable than they already are. Matches that lack healers, or even matches where only one team has a healer rarely last long enough for Dampening to kick in.

The tactic would to be, to have a triple dps combo with powerful enough offhealing, cc's/esacpe abliltys to avoid the majority of the fight for 10 mins, and the just pop all damage cd's and kill off a dps, while the healer is just watching.
    That's a legitimate concern, however Dampening will hit the triple DPS team just as hard, if not harder than the opposing team, because their off-healing is already fairly weak and will just get weaker making a double DPS/healer team able to take them out as well. The main point to be made here is that this will affect both teams at an equal rate, so no individual team should be able to gain a greater advantage from it than the other.

Do remember that this feature is still under development and changes may occur to it, so please let us know what you think.

Does that mean that priests who relay on shileds will be incarnation of god itself in arena?
    As was mentioned earlier in the thread, shields will also have their effectiveness reduced by Dampening. So things such as "Power Word: Shield" should not give any particular classes an advantage.

Lame, once again we're back to where we started where disc priests can decide to be a douche and take the game to a draw even when their teammate is dead.. great
    Why do you feel that Disc priests are going to be so strong? If it's because you think absorbs will not be included, please see my comment above.

Will it affect the health return component of mage food (and bandages)?
    That's actually a really good question that I will endeavor to find an answer for.

Well, the new design is certainly better than what we have now at least. Thoguh personally I think it should start affecting damage instead rather than healing.
    So you feel it would be better for damage to increase by X% per Y seconds instead of reducing healing? Can you give a little more information as to why you think this would work better than the current Dampening effect?

I'm still extremely worried about Blood DK's. They can easily survive for the first 15 minutes or so and then, with a 25% healing debuff, spam NS with all their cooldowns up and try to finish the healer. This strategy may turn out to be so efficient that Blood DK's are still going to be a huge problem here.
    This change isn't intended to address Blood DK's in 2's and we also don't want to be designing the way the Arena system works around an individual spec. We agree that double Blood DK's in Arena are too strong at the moment and we're looking into some other changes in that regard.

Also, while you're here, I'd like to ask why it was decided that Necrotic Strike should be affected by the healing debuff? It means a DK will effectively lose his prime damage component over time.
    Because the absorption effect of Necrotic strike effectively becomes more and more powerful as healing gets reduced. This would mean that teams which have this mechanic at their disposal would be at a great advantage once Dampening starts to kick in. The damage component of Necrotic Strike remains the same, however.

How would Polymorph work in conjunction with Dampening?
    Another great question that I will look into.

What about teams that will save their major damage cooldowns for after the 10 minute mark?
    At that point of the match, you're in just as much danger as the other team. Not only that, it's a gradual increase and not a sudden one; this means that the 10 minute mark is still the same as the 5 minute mark.

How will this effect Anti-Magic Shell? Does it go away once 1 damage is taken?
    Absorption effects are affected in the same manner as healing in regards to Dampening. So it should absorb 1% less every 10 seconds after the 10 minute mark.

How would this change effect a DoT cleave, especially in combination with a Gateway. I can see teams kiting for a long amount with almost no risks/downsides.
    Can you elaborate further on how you see this style of comp changing its play style to adapt to the new system?

If anyone else sees an issue with this system where particular classes or compositions will change their gameplay to take advantage of this system, please let us know.

And if necrotic is affected, how about mortal strike effects?
    Mortal Strike effects are percentage based, while Necrotic Strike is based off of the Death Knights Attack Power. While Mortal Strike effects scale along with the heals because they are based on percentage, the healing shield effect from Necrotic Strike would get exponentially stronger the more Dampening kicks in. This is the reason that Necrotic Strikes healing shield is getting reduced at the same rate as healing, but Mortal Strike effects are not.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Stormwind (City) Denizens – a Query
    Hello denizens of Stormwind – jewel of Human civilization. I have a query for you. When you look over the city and think of it ever so fondly, what feature do you think of most? What is your favorite aspect of the city and do you have any favorite NPCs there? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Region-Wide Arena Queue Times
    We're aware players are reporting that they're experiencing longer queues than normal for Arena. We're currently looking into this and when we have more information on the matter, we'll get back to you. For the time being, please discuss this matter in the active thread here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8380918087 (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Arena Participation
    Warrior participation has definitely increased, but the ratings seem to be looking normal right now. We'll be keeping an eye on things though, sometimes it’s hard to tell if there’s really a need for a quick hotfix from the very beginning of a new season and/or patch.

Players are also starting to get new weapons right now, and that can result in players experiencing sudden changes, especially on the apparent damage output of classes that scale particularly well with weapons.

I know that everyone expects devs to always react immediately to everything but sometimes things should be allowed to go on for a while in order to be able to increase the level of confidence before making any changes, if we don’t, we risk having to keep reverting changes all the time or keep making adjustments if the changes are too conservative. In my opinion that’s worse than waiting a bit before a well thought out hotfix is applied, too many changes tend to detach players from the game. It’s true that sometimes this has backfired, but more often than not, time reveals that the changes aren’t actually necessary or that they didn’t need to be as strong as initially thought out. Sometimes there’s just an initial entropy that stabilizes over-time (because WoW is not an isolated system). (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Hearthstone Innkeeper's Invitational
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

BlizzCon draws ever-closer, and we have an exciting Hearthstone announcement to share with you all today!

Some dedicated members of the Hearthstone community have been bestowed the honor of showing you just a taste of what competitive card-slinging is all about in our featured one-time Hearthstone BlizzCon exhibition tournament: The Innkeeper’s Invitational!

The idea behind the Invitational is simple: Take some of Hearthstone’s most passionate players and pit them against each other in a no-holds-barred deathmatch . . . er, pit them against each other live on stage at BlizzCon with three of their best constructed decks at their side. Each player must bring three decks with three different classes and they will battle each other in a set of best-of-five matches. If one of their chosen decks loses, it's out for good! The losing player will then have to choose one of their remaining decks to battle with, and if they run out of decks, that's the end of their run: Time to pay your tab and don't forget to tip the innkeeper.

As our invitees duel down to the last card and bounce each other out the doors of the tavern (more formally called “being eliminated”) in this tournament, only one player will remain standing and be named "Grandmaster of the Hearth", receiving a fitting trophy for their impressive efforts.

Who have we chosen to step into the tavern? Open the doors yourself and take look!

Top Bracket
    • Day[9] Vs. Reckful
    • Hafu Vs. Kripparrian

Bottom Bracket
    • Trump Vs. Husky
    • Noxious Vs. Artosis

This is a great opportunity to see some of your favorite Hearthstone players in action and to watch a few fun, casual, and friendly games of Hearthstone, live at BlizzCon! Not heading to BlizzCon this year? Don't miss any of the action from the comfort of your own home by watching the semi-finals and finals via http://www.blizzcon.com or our World of Warcraft Twitch channel.

Don't want miss a second of all the exciting BlizzCon action? Watch the full event, which includes exciting Blizzard developer panels and other featurettes, by purchasing a Virtual Ticket today. Sign up now and you’ll also receive a Mystery Minion to add to your Hearthstone collection!

Fan Art
    More art for the WoW Tribute book!

Dampening seems really neat. If they implement it properly, it will fix issues.

Looking forward to dampening, also very keen to see the blood DK changes they have lined up

so... how does dampening make necro strike any better or worse?
    why the hell should it affect necro strike? it just doesn't make sense. necro strike heal absorb works just like any damaging ability, but instead of decreasing current health points, it decreases incoming health points.
    seriously blizzard??!
    Last edited by Railander; 2013-10-11 at 06:35 AM.

Well if you aren't into pvp there is nothing to read here.

That Stormwind query is certainly... interesting.

Deleted
    That's one post what I would like to answer, and it's US.. Why can't be it EU or twitter?

No Crendor on the Hearthstone bracket? I am disappoint blizzard :U

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    why the hell shoul it affect necro strike? it just doesn't make sense. necro strike heal absorb works just like any damaging ability, but instead of decreasing current health points, it decreases incoming health points.
    seriously blizzard??!
    Necro strike is a flat amount of healing block.

Let's use some made up numbers here...

No dampening stacks yet, 1 heal will get rid of necro strike's debuff.
    100% less healing, now it takes 2 heals to get rid of necro strike's debuff.
    200% less healing, now it takes 3 heals

See? Necro strike becomes more and more powerful the higher dampening gets. That's why it needs to be reduced as well.

Are those people who post those questions concerning dampening dumb on purpose? Its like 20 times the same question, and 20 times the same answer from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Amithyst View Post
    Indeed. I enjoy him a lot more than someone like Reckful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    Necro strike is a flat amount of healing block.

No dampening stacks yet, 1 heal will get rid of necro strike's debuff.
    100% less healing, now it takes 2 heals to get rid of necro strike's debuff.

See? Necro strike becomes more and more powerful the higher dampening gets. That's why it needs to be reduced as well.
    Frost strike is a flat amount of health lost.

No dampening stacks yet, 1 heal will regen back the health lost from frost strike.
    100% less healing, now it takes 2 heals to heal back the health lost from frost strike.

See? Frost strike becomes more and more powerful the higher dampening gets. That's why it needs to be reduced as well.
    and i even ignored the fact that 100% less healing is already equal to no healing. 200% less healing would mean healing abilities actually damage you instead.
    Last edited by Railander; 2013-10-11 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amithyst View Post
    That's because Crendor is entertaining, but not exactly very "good" at HS. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Crendor's stuff, but he isn't in the same league when it comes to the others.

and i even ignored the fact that 100% less healing is already equal to no healing. 200% less healing would mean healing abilities actually damage you instead.
    Despite his terrible math, the intention stands.

why the hell should it affect necro strike? it just doesn't make sense. necro strike heal absorb works just like any damaging ability, but instead of decreasing current health points, it decreases incoming health points.
    seriously blizzard??!
    Because Necro Strike is a set amount where Mortal Strike is a percentage. As the heal number gets smaller so does the amount blocked with the percentage healing reduction. Necro Strike, being a set number, would not be effected in the same way as a percentage heal reduction. So it needs to be eefected by the Dampening debuff, or it would end up being the strongest, and in line the most desireable, heal reduction.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Looking forward to dampening, also very keen to see the blood DK changes they have lined up
    I'm hoping: if you take a Blood DK to any kind of PVP, you get a debuff which causes Blizzard to send two big guys to your house to break your fingers with a lead pipe

- - - Updated - - -

seriously blizzard??!
    So that when your opponent's healing is 10% weaker, you're absorbing 10% less of their heals, making it exactly as effective as it always was. Otherwise it'd be overpowered and everyone would need a DK on their team to ensure a win in a long game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

seriously blizzard??!
    Actually, Necrotic Strike deals damage AND absorbs heals. The damage component is staying the same, but the healing absorb needs to be affected so it stays in line with MS type abilities.

Deleted
    People are looking at necro strike wrong. Try to think of the second component as delayed damage as opposed to healing reduction.

Whats the long term difference of say:
    Frost Strike dealing 15k damage
    Necro strike dealing 10k damage and applying a 5k healing reduction?

A single 15k heal will remove both of the effects of this, and even with dampening, the overall effect on health will be the same. Maths everybody!

player : "loilil blizz gg disc preist ar imba lul"
    blue : "no, they will be nerfed as well"
    player : "soooo gg bliz naow 2dps timz ar overpowir gg lol"
    blue : "no, they will die long before the dampening hit them"
    player : "so u admit dscit prites ar overpowird lol"

How does he manage to stay sane !?

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    player : "loilil blizz gg disc preist ar imba lul"
    blue : "no, they will be nerfed as well"
    player : "soooo gg bliz naow 2dps timz ar overpowir gg lol"
    blue : "no, they will die long before the dampening hit them"
    player : "so u admit dscit prites ar overpowird lol"

How does he manage to stay sane !?
    That thread really does show some of the worst aspects of the wow community.