Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    - Something BIG that's been hiding or lurking for a while. I think the story behind the Titans, Old Gods and where the Legion has been is due. Kil'Jaeden is still alive and Sargeras is still out there, and Queen Azshara and N'zoth still have yet to be seen. Also, Neptulon.

-Class "niche"/uniqueness better reinforced. I'd at the very least like to see some more interesting talents and I firmly believe that not all classes should have the "utility tier/CC tier/damage tier/mobility tier" standard going on. (As long a uniqueness reinforcement doesn't affect your role in raids, obviously.)

-Better lore for races. More Draenei, Worgen, Gnome, Goblin, Tauren and Human development plz.

-Trimming of the keybinds. It's all cool and whatever that playing a class takes skill because of how you handle your spellbook/items/macros, but it's at that point where there are so many skills in the game that they kind of become an afterthought or aren't a satisfying button to push.

-At least one new dungeon per patch. It may be easier to develop scenarios, but I just miss dungeons being relevant throughout the whole expac.

Some other things that have already been said such as item squish, heroic dungeons feeling like a heroic dungeon (since there is much more content than ever to gear up early expac), updated models, racials overhaul.
    Do not underestimate us.

make fishing and archaeology more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    General:
    Dark Ranger class

High Elves playable race for Alliance

Journey to Ny'alotha or Argus

A slew of new BGs, not 2-3, more like 10-15. They don't all need to be different game types, just new and better maps.

I think a Hunger Games styled BG would be very fun. 24 player free for all, no health or mana regen, elite mobs scattered, food + water scattered, staying alive awards honor per 1-2 minutes, killing a player awards conquest, being the last player alive gets a conquest reward. Dying kicks you from game, then you requeue for a fresh game, no joining in progress.

I honestly think spell casts should be rebalanced. No more instant casting, all spells have a .5-3 second cast time and can be cast while moving.

Item Squish

Updated models

(The last two aren't really wishes I guess since they are both confirmed to be happening)

Rogue:
    Make damage less passive

Put more damage into finishers again, eviscerate hits for 22k if you don't have procs for it in PvP

Currently due to strength giving parry, it is very common to have a frontal stun or disarm parried, Yet most damage from those plate classes can't be dodged because it is magic damage or cannot be dodged / parried (overpower). I feel like this is very unfair.

Mage:
    Better scaling for Frost

More complexity to Arcane + new mastery

Make crit not as important for fire. Haste or mastery should be the new best stat. Failing this, crit should directly increase damage output similar to chaos bolt.

Hunter:
    Beast mastery needs a new rotation

Marksmanship needs to always have a high hitting signature ability.

I think Powershot should work like the old Aimed Shot. Have a longer cast time and deal extremely heavy damage, kind of like chaos bolt now.

Is there an option for "surprise me"?

I wouldn't want to see an expansion just tick a bunch of checkboxes we've been discussing on the forums ad nauseum. I want to see their creative vision and direction for the game.

Oh, but the one thing I REALLY want to see is a vanity items tab, or some other serious bag space solution. Armour racks for old tier would be nice as well.

On a more general note I've absolutely loved all the new kinds of content in MoP and I'd like to see them all continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    -Take out LFR, keep Flex in. I'm hoping this because we can someone be able to actually bring back the sense of community.
    To all people saying remove LFR: give it up. It's never going anywhere, it's very successful and popular (as in shitloads of people use it, all the bitching and QQ aside). And "bring back a sense of community" is pretty much a vapid old-man-complaint kind of thing that is mostly a mix of inaccurate nostalgia and lack of perspective.

However pugging has already been revitalised by Flexi, if that's the "community" you're talking about. That has no impact on LFR, they serve different audiences. The endangered species in raiding (LFR/Flex/NM/HM) is actually NM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    make fishing and archaeology more fun
    Fishing absolutely agree.

Arch is actually really good now, at least if you look at the most recent (Mantid) sites. Almost anywhere you land you get a green light, and the sites are tiny. More/better rare artefacts would be cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Some type of character advancement/customization system needs to be added. Endgame is currently nothing more than continual gear upgrades. That formula has grown old and tired.

Demon Hunter class
    Player housing/construction. I want to build manors and castles for myself and other people. Buy plots of land and construct it with materials I gather out from heroics, quests, pvp, etc. etc. Dig out an area where I can craft a man made lake and import fish I can permanently fish out, or find locations with water already there. etc.
    New PvP feature other than RBGs and Arenas. Sick of these 2. Want something new.

Would love to go to Argus with Velen as a main part of the story, really want to see Velen more involved, or have Velen help us defend the legion.

Also would love to see more of the Naaru. I do t know muh about lore so idk if we already got into all there is of the Naaru, but I really would like to see them become part f te game again. Shatt just had such a great feel. Anyone agree with any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by impureevil View Post
    I'm not fond of the High Elves idea. It would be too conflicting with the lore. Most of the Highborne were swept away with Azshara, the ones that remained then left Night Elven society after their conflictions and later on became Blood Elves.

As for Ogres, i'm just a bit "meh" about this. Such a cliché idea from people and to be honest, not many of us want it.

Guild housing on the other hand, i'm all for this. I've been thinking about it myself and i think it could be a great idea
    High elves aren't lore breaking; they're still active and a part of the Alliance. Ogres are active and a part of the Horde. Both are the last two classic Warcraft races to be implemented, and both wouldn't need anything retconned about them.

And player/guild housing would be awesome!!! ^-^

I want a fluffy unicorn to ride... is that so much to ask?
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    - Specs more defined in cases like rogue or hunter
    - A petless spec for hunters and an option to remove frost water elemental entirely (or at least glyphs to help make this a reality)
    - If not the above, then a new class that is petless ranged physical dps
    - Content like the Timeless Isle, but with a storyline and added dailies/scenarios that are along the lines of 5.1
    - 5-mans added with raid patches, for gearing alts, or catching up after a break from the game
    - Scenarios tied to main quest chains in zones
    - More solo scenarios/activities in the world
    - A progression path of some type when at max level (maybe along the lines of paragon in d3?)
    - Guild Armors, designed by guild leader (the model of the armors unique to this system) using the guild colors and symbol
    - Bring back the darker "doom and gloom" tones, MoP was too "light and fluffy" for my tastes (though it did have it's purpose)

Deleted
    I really wish for 2 things:
    1. Demon Hunters
    2. Destruction of all capital cities - forcing players to travel around the world, there wouldn't be any place to sit in - so you either constantly travel or you risk getting pvp-killed.

Here's my list, as unlikely as it may be... it's just a 'wish' list.

- Playable Vrykrul for Alliance
    - Playable Orges for Horde
    - New Class Dragonsworn
    - New secondary profession, wood working, linked to player housing
    - Player housing takes some influence from the farm in MoP
    - Being able to farm at your player housing
    - South Seas based expansion with some Emerald Dream mixed in
    - Winged Felsteed mount for Warlocks
    - Exclusive flying mount for paladins
    - Summon Phoenix spell for fire mages.
    - Shaman's to lose all forest/ greeny spells and gain only earth, water, fire, air spells, no more entangling roots and glowing green earth weapon
    - Hunter's Volley back for no reason
    - Azshara, N'Zoth/ Nightmare, Corrupted Nepulton as major bosses
    - Being able to cross the ocean on a mount, and more water mounts
    - All the islands that exist in lore are able to be explored, (all the island that would go with a South Seas Expansion)
    - Nerubian pet for Death Knights
    - Level cap 95
    - New models for old races
    - Sub race customization options, reasonable ones.
    - Racial flying mounts
    - New Race Class Combos; Forsaken Paladin, Blood Elf Druid
    - 1vs1 Areanas

Greatest Expansion Ever./10
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-10-11 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Races:
    Akkora (Neutral, the idea has some merit and effectively half's the work needed to introduce more)

Mechanics/features:
    Confirm once and for all that demon huntards will never happen- I never found illidan compelling so this whole area of want is strange and frightening
    Reset to HoT era style: Seven heroic 5-mans a week for a flat valor reward that can be spent immediately on perfectly adequate filler gear that would not be out of place for starting 10-man normal's. This would include the removal of scenarios and rep gating on valor gear (if people want to grind out daily's for valor.. well its your time) Flex raiding and LFR would both remain while the sack of gold that can be won in LFR could be replaced with 5-15 VP
    Removal of CRZ
    The re-consolidation of resources. I want to sit in a city, que up and be able to reach every trainer, tool and profession without leaving instead of running across the world for one thing put out their for no real reason
    More guild levels, as another poster mentioned. Or failing that a set of requirements your guild needs to meet before unlocking certain perks (mass res/summon) unrelated to leveling, like a world boss kill or some kind of specialty guild achievement

Class features
    Priest: Shadow priests now incorporate a number of sha-inspired themes and ability's (vampiric embrace becomes touch of hatred and so forth) with a possible glyph to give shadowform a sha effect if people dislike having it as the stock.

Warlock: Remember that short story involving a group of locks discussing the future and new fonts of power? I'd love to see the specs reflect this even more so. Destro becomes grounded in the essence of deathwing. All molten blood and metal fury without demons at all. Affliction would become heavily twilight-inspired still dot-heavy but perhaps with a new resource instead of shards that would allow for more direct burst damage and some further tweaks to demo, possibly two separate demon forms to select from (Dreadlord for minion swarms and debuffs then Eradar for caster dps)

And finally my most unreasonable desire: The total separation of pve and pvp. The two are no longer connected, pve servers have no flagging or any pvp at all while pvp servers are in essence arena tournament servers. One npc for arena ques, one for BG's one for RBGS, some vendors and a couple portals to big "world pvp" zones" with zero questing or pve rewards at all. Honnor gains are increased for world kills.. and yeah, just a half-baked sandbox set to grief one another in
    Wrath baby and proud of it

1:Bring back old AV and maybe add a new large scale battleground like it but put it in a separate que from normal BG's. Add honor/conquest reward every 25 mins spent in the battle to even out the fact it will be alot longer. Also add a token system of sort for some items and vanity stuff to further give people a reason to do every so often
    2: Revamp BC starting zones they need it badly
    3: Bring Back mana management and shadow priest returning mana to raids so people have a reason to bring them (Clearly blizzard is happy with shadow single target being dead last so give us a freaking bone here)
    4:More class quest in line with what warlocks got
    5:More Lore focus on other races then Orcs and Humans some races haven't been shown love since BC
    6: Legendary weapons yes let people in LFR get them since you already opened pandoras box and as much as the elites will cry if you close it now the backlash will be far worse. Maybe make it so people the harder difficulty get them quicker for example maybe it works out to where LFR people will have a lower drop rate for the quest items that they wont get it til a good two or three months after the heroic raiders. Normal and Flex raiders getting it faster as well but maybe only a month or so sooner.
    7:Keep the ever evolving legendary quest chain i rather like it. I dont mind starting off with a gem the first tier but this time give us a weapon or something a cloak felt like a let down.
    8: Fix the stormwind park idc what you put but do something
    9: A way to transfer gold across faction/realm same with heirlooms.
    10: Illidan!
    11: Give a daily quest area similar to the isle of thunder or the one from BC for the final raid/story of the expansion. While the Timeless isle is fun it really is just mindless killing with limited lore. You need something to keep people interested at the end of a expansion other then the final raid imo.
    12: Add a heroic 5 man or two mid to late Xpac it worked for you in Cata,Wrath and BC why stop?
    13:Make classes more unique with some revamps like locks got. Not all at once but a few here and there. At times classes feel to similar and while i understand the more they are the same the easier to balance it takes away
    14: Same as above but with specs
    15:Bring back mount drops from none heroic mode raid bosses but make them super rare. Keep the heroic only ones that have a 100% drop but throw a bone to flex and normal raiders with super rare ones like you did with Ashes.
    16:First add catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Seriously, do you think that Ghostcrawler or any Blizzard's Officials will post such kind of threads ? they don't do it even on Blizzard forums....
    Huh? I just said that I dislike people who use "official" in their title when it is NOT official and then you come at me claiming that I think Ghostcrawler would post in such threads? I just said that I DO NOT.

God...

Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Wow really nice idea. You should put it on blizz forum

Actually blizz already said they had the technology to scale up previous content to max lvl they just needed to figure out a nice reward for ppl that would use that system.
    Thanks! I'll try post it on the official forums so if I can login; EU forums, though.

- - - Updated - - -

That badass bird idea is also neat lol. Should also work on land with some creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Thanks! I'll try post it on the official forums so if I can login; EU forums, though.

- - - Updated - - -

That badass bird idea is also neat lol. Should also work on land with some creatures.
    Yeah I liked your idea too actually

The thing is those birds in trees shouldn't be "there" to people on land. So you cannot kill those birds really. Once you are on a flying mount "hovering" above the ground or higher, the birds could agro you and start a chase at speeds higher then yours (whatever your speed% is) but perhaps you as a player might "outrun" them by special manouvers. Also these birds should be on your tail far longer then any normal creature on the ground. Maybe these birds can only make major U-turns while you on your mount can instantly make a 180.

But imo this would make flying a challenge + in densely populated (birds) area's you're better off on your groundmount. I can for example imagine that you might want to fly over westfall. But as soon as you enter Elwynn you have a pack of birds on your ass. Which leads me to the next part:

High altitudes:
    If you come near the max amount of altitude you could fly, you get something similar as the bar when you're underwater. But this bar should be depleted very very quick in order to force you towards the birds. (cannot imagine that Blizzard would have birds that high hence why this idea).

It would also make more sense in a way that you would never reach the "ceiling" anymore like we can now. Its weird reaching a barrier like that. We're not in that series "Under the Dome" are we?

10+ Year Old Account
    My wish list

• Stop making me re-learn flying. Add a timer, distance or height limit till I'm max level... but the current method serves no purpose after this many expansions. It's obnoxious now.

• Give players something meaningful to do besides raid, pvp and grind bland factions that let people climb the ladder... to raid and pvp. The mass exodus over the last expansion should have been a wake-up call. The same competitive raiding community that comments on the boards aren't the ones leaving. Raiding's been a solid part of WoW life... However, Warcraft itself is starting to lack in the game.

Upscale all previous dungeons. They have the ability and have commented about it before. Even if it was the same mechanics/appearance of gear from level 35 or whatever, this alone would have kept me playing and tanking dungeons; instead of sitting around ORG for raid queue after my dailies/weekly limits were up.

• Stop milking planned basic functionality as content. They are features. Flex Raid and Connected Realms were talked about candidly before Pandaria hit. Server merges should have been done on a seasonal basis.

• More frequent patching. If we can't see the game evolve at a faster rate, then we will see it crumble underneath every new season of ever-hungry MMORPGs. People get bored and quit, only to come back for an expansion and repeat the process. Keep them interested in the future.

• Let the casual playerbase have some fun in the world itself. My wife's not a raider anymore (we're releasers) and so she felt like she could just skip this expansion after the first patch. She wasn't far off from the truth. Besides the storyline quests, which she hated grinding to be able to do... she got bored easily as there wasn't much new content for her to take part in.

Lich King had three great dungeons at the end, which made for a great send-off to dungeon delvers. Hell, Cata did too sort of.

That just doesn't exist anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Yeah I liked your idea too actually

The thing is those birds in trees shouldn't be "there" to people on land. So you cannot kill those birds really. Once you are on a flying mount "hovering" above the ground or higher, the birds could agro you and start a chase at speeds higher then yours (whatever your speed% is) but perhaps you as a player might "outrun" them by special manouvers. Also these birds should be on your tail far longer then any normal creature on the ground. Maybe these birds can only make major U-turns while you on your mount can instantly make a 180.

But imo this would make flying a challenge + in densely populated (birds) area's you're better off on your groundmount. I can for example imagine that you might want to fly over westfall. But as soon as you enter Elwynn you have a pack of birds on your ass. Which leads me to the next part:

High altitudes:
    If you come near the max amount of altitude you could fly, you get something similar as the bar when you're underwater. But this bar should be depleted very very quick in order to force you towards the birds. (cannot imagine that Blizzard would have birds that high hence why this idea).

It would also make more sense in a way that you would never reach the "ceiling" anymore like we can now. Its weird reaching a barrier like that. We're not in that series "Under the Dome" are we?
    Weather could also be a cool possibility to make flying more challenging and dynamic. Like storms and such which buffet your mount about, and lighting which might strike you. You'd get a warning to get out of the way, like a rumble of thunder and some flashes in the distance.

Complete rework of Hunters to make the different specs actually feel unique.

Oh, and rework of LFR so it isn't obligatory for real raiders.