I was playing another game this weekend with a similar style to this one in terms of combat and was surprised how much i actually enjoy attack with the mouse and rotating it for the camera.

It sort of looks like healers are going to be pushed into rolling a Templar, even though I really wanted to be a Sorcerer healer. Lack of necromancy is also a bit disappointing. :/

Eh.

Doesn't seem as open a class design as they implied. /shrug
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Eh.

Doesn't seem as open a class design as they implied. /shrug
    Not at all, it's still pretty damn open.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    It sort of looks like healers are going to be pushed into rolling a Templar, even though I really wanted to be a Sorcerer healer. Lack of necromancy is also a bit disappointing. :/
    That's not true. Maybe in certain situations, but all classes have their times on when they would be great for healing. A Sorcerer healer is very strong because they have a ton of CC potential over Templars.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Not at all, it's still pretty damn open.
    Not really seeing where Nightblade would be able to fulfill a group healer role.

No nurse akali or doctor shen builds.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Not really seeing where Nightblade would be able to fulfill a group healer role.

No nurse akali or doctor shen builds.
    You are forgetting about the Restoration skill line. Trust me, it's still pretty damn open.

no necromancers.....? seriously????? dafuq is that shit? that's so uncool >

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no necromancers.....? seriously????? dafuq is that shit? that's so uncool >
    the closest you will probably get is summoning skeletons....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! Funny how stupid people seem to be. A lawsuit costs alot of money and unless the cracked servers don't competly ruin the image of ESO its not worth it for Zenimax to spend money on a lawsuit. And obviously even if it was free it would 99% not do anything because its the internet and american law does not matter a fucking thing outside of the usa.

Not true on both accounts.

a) A law suit does not cost a ton of money if the other side is not expected to put up any kind of defense
    b) Ever heard of treaties?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Not true on both accounts.

a) A law suit does not cost a ton of money if the other side is not expected to put up any kind of defense
    b) Ever heard of treaties?
    If you violate the NDA, they're not going to take serious legal action against you unless you make some egregious attempt to defame or discredit them as part of doing so.

Yes, they have the option, but it's not worth it to them because anyone with any amount of sense can see it's not a very big deal in the vast majority of cases. An openly aggressive stance towards potential customers not only costs money to pursue, but also risks the degradation of a company's public image. The latter is much more costly in the long run, and can be very difficult to repair.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Pretty much, the USA right now is like the bitch of the world. We can get fucked all we want, but if we try to complain that we're getting fucked, we get fucked again and again until we shut up.

//
    About the Combat/UI how is it? Oblivion/Skyrim to me have some of the worse combat, and while their UI's aren't the easiest or the nicests, I feel like it would currently poorly translate to a MMO.
    UI seems pretty bad. Feels like its made for console. You have a console-cirlce to whisper/trade etc... I hope its not final. Rest of the GAme was quite fun.

Deleted
    I havent been following this game for a couple of months because I was really put off by firstly what was said in this video at 5:35 about exploration yet people were saying you are locked away to you own faction zone and the middle pvp zone effectively only being able to explore just over one third of the whole map.

Please tell me this has been changed by now if not this guy speaks so much bullshit. I really love Elder Scrolls but it sounds the opposite of of the freedom from the single player games with all the limitations I keep hearing about. I really hope I got my facts totally wrong here. Does anyone know for sure yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    I havent been following this game for a couple of months because I was really put off by firstly what was said in this video at 5:35 about exploration yet people were saying you are locked away to you own faction zone and the middle pvp zone effectively only being able to explore just over one third of the whole map.

Please tell me this has been changed by now if not this guy speaks so much bullshit. I really love Elder Scrolls but it sounds the opposite of of the freedom from the single player games with all the limitations I keep hearing about. I really hope I got my facts totally wrong here. Does anyone know for sure yet?
    You are only locked to your own factions zone till you complete all of your factions' main storyline. You are locked out of the other zones, till this occurs. Then what happens is you unlock what they call the 50+(+) zones.

So if you are, let's say Ebonheart Pact, you can only play in the Pact areas and Cyrodiil till you complete all of the main story line quests for the Pact, which will end around level 50. Then that will open up the Aldmeri Dominion zones for you to go into and that entire zone has now been leveled up to be a challenge for all level 50s. All the mobs are now scaled to around level 52-53 and are tough for a solo player. This is considered the 50+ zone. It can still be solo'd but would be much easier if completed with a friend or two.

After completing the Dominion zones then the Daggerfall Covenant zones will open up and they will be scaled to be even tougher than the Dominion zones. This is called the 50++ zones and, I believe, the mobs are suppose to be scaled above level 53+. This final PvE section is suppose to be really tough for solo players. There was an interview talking about this whole setup and said that the 50++ should be considered the zone that is known for needing teamwork occurring here as it's very hard for solo players to deal with the mobs in the game.

A big thing you need to know about this feature though, is that, these scaled up zones are completely instanced. So if you are a Pact member and travel to the Dominion zones to quest there and do the 50+ content, you will NOT see members of the Dominion there. You will ONLY see your own faction in these zones. This was a compromise that they did for the game. They, originally, weren't even going to allow people to see the other zones unless you created alts within those factions. So, after fan feedback, they did the 50+(+) feature to let everyone be able to see everything on one character. But they didn't want people to see enemy characters in those other factions because they wanted that to stay in Cyrodiil. There will be no world PvP in this game except for in Cyrodiil.

You are only locked to your own factions zone till you complete all of your factions' main storyline. You are locked out of the other zones, till this occurs. Then what happens is you unlock what they call the 50+(+) zones.

So if you are, let's say Ebonheart Pact, you can only play in the Pact areas and Cyrodiil till you complete all of the main story line quests for the Pact, which will end around level 50. Then that will open up the Aldmeri Dominion zones for you to go into and that entire zone has now been leveled up to be a challenge for all level 50s. All the mobs are now scaled to around level 52-53 and are tough for a solo player. This is considered the 50+ zone. It can still be solo'd but would be much easier if completed with a friend or two.

After completing the Dominion zones then the Daggerfall Covenant zones will open up and they will be scaled to be even tougher than the Dominion zones. This is called the 50++ zones and, I believe, the mobs are suppose to be scaled above level 53+. This final PvE section is suppose to be really tough for solo players. There was an interview talking about this whole setup and said that the 50++ should be considered the zone that is known for needing teamwork occurring here as it's very hard for solo players to deal with the mobs in the game.

A big thing you need to know about this feature though, is that, these scaled up zones are completely instanced. So if you are a Pact member and travel to the Dominion zones to quest there and do the 50+ content, you will NOT see members of the Dominion there. You will ONLY see your own faction in these zones. This was a compromise that they did for the game. They, originally, weren't even going to allow people to see the other zones unless you created alts within those factions.
    That sounds like another Balmorra-Taris fiasco that was present in SWTOR where opposing factions visit instanced versions of one planet at different levels and are completely locked out of seeing enemy faction at all times.

So, after fan feedback, they did the 50+(+) feature to let everyone be able to see everything on one character. But they didn't want people to see enemy characters in those other factions because they wanted that to stay in Cyrodiil. There will be no world PvP in this game except for in Cyrodiil.
    I hope that changes before launch, i just wonder what kind of feedback devs are getting from those testers to make such horrible moves...

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

I hope that changes before launch, i just wonder what kind of feedback devs are getting from those testers to make such horrible moves...
    Considering Elder Scrolls are about quests and not being ganked while doing said quests - I really doubt they will change that since players want more of an Elder Scrolls game atmosphere, not an mmo one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Considering Elder Scrolls are about quests and not being ganked while doing said quests - I really doubt they will change that since players want more of an Elder Scrolls game atmosphere, not an mmo one.
    IMO Elder scrolls was never about questing, but was doing whatever you want and getting lost in the "open world". That being said I think a much better solution would be to use their shard/instance technology that allows them to separate players based on their preferences to simply separate players who want to have open world pvp available from those who don't.

Also I'm really curious how are they going to explain the 50+ thing from a lore point of view as it doesn't make much sense to just go do stuff for the other faction after serving your faction for 50 levels, while at the same time still participating in the Cyrodiil pvp thing as a member of your original faction. It would be much better, if they want to have questing in other faction territories, to have only quests from "neutral" npcs and members of guilds etc. available to you and maybe some quests related to spying, sabotaging, etc. on behalf of your real faction.
    Last edited by mmoc3e45b10508; 2013-10-11 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted

A big thing you need to know about this feature though, is that, these scaled up zones are completely instanced. So if you are a Pact member and travel to the Dominion zones to quest there and do the 50+ content, you will NOT see members of the Dominion there. You will ONLY see your own faction in these zones. This was a compromise that they did for the game. They, originally, weren't even going to allow people to see the other zones unless you created alts within those factions. So, after fan feedback, they did the 50+(+) feature to let everyone be able to see everything on one character. But they didn't want people to see enemy characters in those other factions because they wanted that to stay in Cyrodiil. There will be no world PvP in this game except for in Cyrodiil.
    Thanks that was very helpful. I know a lot will probably disagree with me because probably the majority of mmo players hate wpvp and ganking but this phasing and being locked out of going anywhere until max level really kills the virtual world and sense of exploration for me. I really like the idea of really challenging adds that you need a group for though but if it were me I would of had the whole map open at level one and had wpvp available but no real rewards outside of Cyrodil and tough guard npcs in towns.

Edit: And wheres the city raids? :/ Ok they arn't a massive part of WoW but they could be done so much better.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2013-10-11 at 05:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirr View Post
    Thanks that was very helpful. I know a lot will probably disagree with me because probably the majority of mmo players hate wpvp and ganking but this phasing and being locked out of going anywhere until max level really kills the virtual world and sense of exploration for me. I really like the idea of really challenging adds that you need a group for though but if it were me I would of had the whole map open at level one and had wpvp available but no real rewards outside of Cyrodil and tough guard npcs in towns.

Edit: And wheres the city raids? :/ Ok they arn't a massive part of WoW but they could be done so much better.
    This game is basing it's PvP after DAOC, because the Lead Developer and Lead PvP Designer were developers of that game. DAOC wasn't a game about world PvP, it was about fighting in the Frontier zone. That's why this game isn't going to have full world exploration right off the bat. And it's not like you would be able to just travel everyone at level 1 anyways. The game has leveled zones, you'd die almost immediately going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Also I'm really curious how are they going to explain the 50+ thing from a lore point of view as it doesn't make much sense to just go do stuff for the other faction after serving your faction for 50 levels, while at the same time still participating in the Cyrodiil pvp thing as a member of your original faction. It would be much better, if they want to have questing in other faction territories, to have only quests from "neutral" npcs and members of guilds etc. available to you and maybe some quests related to spying, sabotaging, etc. on behalf of your real faction.
    Yeah I was thinking about this, I hope Zenimax comes up with a proper explanation for questing in enemy territories. Maybe something as simple as having you character become a spy, especially since we know there's going to be disguises in ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Are you baiting for "Elder Scrolls Online is a PvE game PvP is just a small bonus feature" response?

And if you want to be so stuck in doing quest after quest choose PvE server like the rest of people who prefer PvE content.

Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    Yeah I was thinking about this, I hope Zenimax comes up with a proper explanation for questing in enemy territories. Maybe something as simple as having you character become a spy, especially since we know there's going to be disguises in ESO.
    They would prob explain it with conquest/invasion of enemy territory because its a simple yet effective explanation from a both lore and gameplay point of view