View Poll Results: How likely do you think it is that Heroes of the Storm is EXP 5?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • 1 - Not at all.

107 33.44%
  • 2 - I'm not discounting the possibility.

90 28.13%
  • 3 - I'm uncertain, could go either way.

75 23.44%
  • 4 - Very likely.

28 8.75%
  • 5 - I am certain - it is the expansion.

20 6.25%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    See you still haven't responded Mojo.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    See you still haven't responded Mojo.
    Too busy ranting about how the trademark being approved means it's a WoW expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Too busy ranting about how the trademark being approved means it's a WoW expansion.
    Yep he'll keep saying hes right but wont answer me with logic.

I want it to be TDB just because I want all the "ITS 100% legion confirmed I know for sure but if you say otherwise its just speculation" guys to be displeased.

Deleted
    Lol no.

Laughter will fill the air because this is so Blizzard All-Stars. That or the next wow expansion name is lame and it could have been a lot better.

TDB has a lot more stuff backing it up then this. And no TDB is not a hoax, get that out of the way now.
    TBD could be a real deal, but even so, it doesn't have to exclude the Burning Legion. I've posted theories about this before, but I'll just say that the Burning Legion could invade us and act as a framework narrative for a few years. Our adventure during that time could take us down to the Dark Below, through the Emerald Dream, and back again. There is a place in the dream called the Rift of Aln, which is probably the dream-version of the Rift, the place where Queen Azshara built Nazjatar near the original Well of Eternity. Also likely in the vicinity of N'Zoth, who seems to be hiding below the bottom of the ocean in and around the great sea.

Why go into the Emerald Dream, you say? Well, it's more or less the blueprint for Azeroth. What if Jaina Proudmore was suddenly to use the Focusing Iris near the Maelstrom to create a massive portal to Azeroth out of the remnants of the Well of Eternity? She could be possessed by Sargeras, like Medivh once was. Or by Wrathion, even.

This could have a cataclysmic effect and cause the destruction of our world, like with Draenor. It could also bring back Turalyon and Alleria.

Which is why we'll need the 'blueprints' (i.e. The Emerald Dream) to restore our world. We are the heroes of the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I'd like to know what you think of the multi-year delay between revealing the SC2 mod known as Blizzard DotA and now.

Personally I think the idea of making it a SC2 mod was scrapped and they turned Blizzard All-Stars into a standalone game with all new characters called Heroes of the Storm.
    I don't fully see what you mean. Blizzard All-Stars is the new name after they changed it into a standalone game, and lost the court case against Valve to use Dota. They trademarked All-Stars a mere 10 months ago - why change already? Plus, the trademark descriptions don't match.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    The Storm could be elsewhere, like in the Twisting Nether. And the Heroes, in the title, could refer to Turalyon and Alleria. It could be a preemptive attack from Azeroth on the Burning Legion since Wrathion showed they would come back. It could be anything.
    That's true. It could be anything, with the point being the name can make sense in a hundred ways for WoW.

1. Ra'den Quote: "Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope.
    But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course.
    But you have earned the right to try. Farewell."

2. The Blank Scroll: "Stormwind fell. The orcs reigned supreme. For a time.
    The Dark Portal, left unguarded, was reclaimed by the Burning Legion. Horrors rose from the sea and found no champions left to stop them.
    Azeroth's mountains burned and melted. Its oceans boiled until nothing remained. And all was dark."

(Don't say it could be the legion as well, because after 5.4 the portal is still guarded.)

3. Ozumat: Fiend of the Dark Below as well as the stuff in Vas'hir

4. Erudax, the Duke of Below, who is a Faceless General, and if you know lore, they work for the Old Gods, specifically N'Zoth

5. N'zoth's Constant mentioning in Cata, and we know he's still out there.

6. The Naga and Azshara are still out there, and we know Azshara made a pact with an Old God so that her loyal people would survive and turn into naga.

7. Vashj'ir, that giant whatever the hell its name is thing is being drained for something huge underneath it.

8. http://www.mmoculture.com/wp-content...013-poster.jpg | There's a lot of water in that poster, I wonder why. Thrall being a shaman is not the answer btw. I'll save you the post.

9. Yogg Puzzle Box

10. Could perfectly tie in the Legion expansion after it, with Azshara as last boss trying to use the remains of the Well of Eternity to bring the Burning Legion back. Or the legion could pour through it. (This is obviously not a hint, just would make sense.)

There's more I can't think of right now, but this is more than enough hints at TDB being real

Btw Turalyon and Alleria might be brought back, that doesn't mean we will face the legion right away. If they do get brought back next expansion, it'll be along the lines of "The Legion is coming, we must prepare ourselves."

Expansion hint cycle makes everything about TDB more believable.
    I love all these hints, and I appreciate that you linked them to me.

I'll say as I have already (feel free to read my half-assed theory above); there's no reason themes can't co-exist. For now, the Heroes of the Storm is more likely to refer to the Burning Legion. Why? We've been given these hints right in our faces throughout MoP. Not just hidden quotes around the world that you can pay attention to, but we've had it thrown at us.

Blizzard: 'HEY GUYS, HERE'S SOME STUFF ABOUT THE NEXT EXPANSION.'

The way in which Metzen said we'll need Turalyon and Alleria for what's next simply doesn't imply that they'll return to fight aquatic mutants. They'll be back next, and they'll only be brought back to fight the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    I want it to be TDB just because I want all the "ITS 100% legion confirmed I know for sure but if you say otherwise its just speculation" guys to be displeased.
    Um. The people who do act like that are the ones who claim its for the MOBA. Do you want to know why? Because they have nothing to base their claims on, yet they insist on doing it no matter what you refute them with. People who suggest it's the WoW expansion at least have the decency to back up their claims with something.

Ok, N'zoth was talked about all last expansion. Same with Azshara.

Link me to the exact quote oh where Metzen said they would be back next expansion.

Wrathion stated it would take at least a year to conqueror Thunder Bluff and the Tauren. We're a year or two out from the Burning Legion. They get the spotlight after Dark Below. Wrathion even says at the end, next time he wont risk chances or something along those lines. Obviously we have something between the Burning Legion and MoP. Hence why all the hints I posted make TDB the next expansion(95% chance).

You aren't backing up this theory with anything valuable. You think it means Burning Legion because storm is in the name. At this point you just want it to be the Burning Legion, and that's it. It's a MOBA, the name just screams it.

Look at other MOBA games and you'll see similarity's

Deleted
    Ok, N'zoth was talked about all last expansion. Same with Azshara.

Link me to the exact quote oh where Metzen said they would be back next expansion.

Wrathion stated it would take at least a year to conqueror Thunder Bluff and the Tauren. We're a year or two out from the Burning Legion. They get the spotlight after Dark Below. Wrathion even says at the end, next time he wont risk chances or something along those lines. Obviously we have something between the Burning Legion and MoP. Hence why all the hints I posted make TDB the next expansion(95% chance).

You aren't backing up this theory with anything valuable. You think it means Burning Legion because storm is in the name. At this point you just want it to be the Burning Legion, and that's it. It's a MOBA, the name just screams it.

Look at other MOBA games and you'll see similarity's
    Well, yes. The last expansion was intrinsically linked with the Maelstrom and old gods. So it would be very strange if it was not talked about.

Wrathion just said that in passing. 'With another year of fighting, we'd take Thunder Bluff, blah blah blah'. He doesn't know when the Legion will arrive, and his point was that the Horde could have been destroyed in the foreseeable future.

Look, I'm not saying we won't be going to pay Azshara and N'Zoth a visit in the coming expansion. All I'm saying is that the Legion is very likely to be next. But as I've said several times now, they could be a framework narrative which includes one or more expansions, or at least several different themes within one and the same expansion. All I'm saying is that they will be back to invade Azeroth, and that the hints are suggesting that it'll happen either in 5.5 or 6.0.

There is nothing to suggest Heroes of the Storm fits the MOBA. You're making that up to make my theory less plausible and yours more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Um. The people who do act like that are the ones who claim its for the MOBA. Do you want to know why? Because they have nothing to base their claims on, yet they insist on doing it no matter what you refute them with. People who suggest it's the WoW expansion at least have the decency to back up their claims with something.
    Pot, Kettle. Kettle, Pot.

Please stop calling each other black.

Well, yes. The last expansion was intrinsically linked with the Maelstrom and old gods. So it would be very strange if it was not talked about.

Wrathion just said that in passing. 'With another year of fighting, we'd take Thunder Bluff, blah blah blah'. He doesn't know when the Legion will arrive, and his point was that the Horde could have been destroyed in the foreseeable future.

Look, I'm not saying we won't be going to pay Azshara and N'Zoth a visit in the coming expansion. All I'm saying is that the Legion is very likely to be next. But as I've said several times now, they could be a framework narrative which includes one or more expansions, or at least several different themes within one and the same expansion. All I'm saying is that they will be back to invade Azeroth, and that the hints are suggesting that it'll happen either in 5.5 or 6.0.

There is nothing to suggest Heroes of the Storm fits the MOBA. You're making that up to make my theory less plausible and yours more plausible.
    There are no hints stating the Legion will be returning in the next expansion. We know they are coming back, but that doesn't mean right away. I'm pretty sure wrathion knows they aren't knocking on our door step. Why would the legion invade now? The alliance is stronger than ever, and the horde is a little weaker, but not as bad as WC3 horde. The legion doesn't invade when we're not weak. That's why it makes sense after this N'Zoth expansion.

N'Zoth was never defeated. Azshara is one of the strongest mages on the planet. Of course we'll need heroes to help defeat them. And after they are defeated, with loses on both sides, the Legion will invade with a bigger force than ever before. They won't also have the legion at the start of the next expansion, as that will make N'Zoth and Azshara seem like second class bosses, which would be a failure for the sake of their characters and the story. It would feel like filler content before the Legion.

And when has Blizzard had Two Major enemy factions attacking us in one expansion? Major being old god, legion, scourge, and illidans forces.

Bye you do realize they flat out stated Deathwing was still alive in BC and he was planning something. Replace that with the Legion and you would think they would be invading in 3.0.

The Lich King was not mentioned in BC. He was mentioned in Vanilla though, with Naxx being Tier 3.

Same goes for N'Zoth and Azshara. Mentioned in Cata, now guess when they're coming back. It's rather simple to notice patterns and hints they have put in the game to hint at what expansion is coming.

Lol nothing to suggest? Are you serious. The sonsofthestorm website is a slight variation of the name, and its heroes that would deal with their MOBA. Also it's easy to understand that Heroes of the Storm is a play on their company name and Heroes of their previous games being MOBA champs.

And you still haven't linked me to the quote from Metzen.

Deleted
    Oh, really? I see you keep forgetting about Metzen. Sadly, the video of the MoP launch event has been removed from YouTube. You can look it up and see the thumbnail, but the video won't start.

But anyway, my question was:
    Turalyon and Alleria forever to be MIA? What news from the Twisting nether? For Lothar!

To which Metzen gave a long and slightly avoiding response, as if under NDA. Eventually, he said:
    [...] however [...] in terms of what's coming next, you're gonna need their help.

As for Sons of the Storm, you are simply ridiculous in your logic there. It makes absolutely no sense at all. You could just as well say that because Wrath of the Lich King has 'of the' in the title, we'll be returning to Northrend in Heroes of the Storm.

Oh, really? I see you keep forgetting about Metzen. Sadly, the video of the MoP launch event has been removed from YouTube. You can look it up and see the thumbnail, but the video won't start.

But anyway, my question was:
    Turalyon and Alleria forever to be MIA? What news from the Twisting nether? For Lothar!

To which Metzen gave a long and slightly avoiding response, as if under NDA. Eventually, he said:
    [...] however [...] in terms of what's coming next, you're gonna need their help.

As for Sons of the Storm, you are simply ridiculous in your logic there. It makes absolutely no sense at all. You could just as well say that because Wrath of the Lich King has 'of the' in the title, we'll be returning to Northrend in Heroes of the Storm.
    No source, no credibility.

Me: So TDB is the next expansion
    Metzen: Yep, I can confirm that today.

Looks like Metzen confirmed TDB.

Lol you are so dense and dumb. Yeah because "of" and "the" are similar to words like Heroes and Storm.
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2013-10-11 at 04:24 PM.

You mean the one were he alluded to MoP starting calm, then ramping up to a storm? No, he wasn't talking about what came after MoP.

Deleted

Lol you are so dense and dumb. Yeah because "of" and "the" are similar to words like Heroes and Storm.
    There is an article on Blizzplanet, I believe, which referenced the event and Metzen confirming Turalyon and Alleria for the next expansion. Look it up.

I used your logic against you, and now you see how dumb it was. Mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean the one were he alluded to MoP starting calm, then ramping up to a storm? No, he wasn't talking about what came after MoP.
    No. I mean the Mists of Pandaria live stream event where they had a bunch of developers up on stage, including Metzen. They took questions from the audience via gametrailers or some such website's twitter, and I asked the one mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Honestly, anyone who think that the Legion will be the focus of the next expansion is crazy. All story plots hinting towards the return of the Legion point toward Wrathion and Anduin playing a key part of that story, and they quite obviously have a lot of story development and Growing Up left before they are ready to play the role they'll have in such an expansion. Furthermore the Queen Azshara storyline was teased upon already in Cataclysm. The only predictable theme for the next expansion is the one with Queen Azshara, Neptulon, N'zoth and all the other Warcraft goodies of the South Seas, like the Bloodsail Buccaneers, the Zandalari, the Goblins and the Tomb of Sargeras. If it's not that one it will be more or less a suprise for everyone. It won't be the Legion. Not yet.

About the Heroes of the Storm thing.... HearthStone expansion.
    I would LOVE a wrap up of the Neptulon storyline. It just ending abruptly in Throne of the Tides annoyed hell out of me in Cata. ;_;

There is an article on Blizzplanet, I believe, which referenced the event and Metzen confirming Turalyon and Alleria for the next expansion. Look it up.

I used your logic against you, and now you see how dumb it was. Mission accomplished.

No. I mean the Mists of Pandaria live stream event where they had a bunch of developers up on stage, including Metzen. They took questions from the audience via gametrailers or some such website's twitter, and I asked the one mentioned above.
    No you link me it. I can link you anything I use to argue, so you must do the same. I'm not doing your job.

All your doing right now is dodging it as much as possible. Either link it or state it's invalid, one of the two.

What are you trying to prove by bringing that up? It doesn't really tell us anything new.

Deleted
    No you link me it. I can link you anything I use to argue, so you must do the same. I'm not doing your job.

All your doing right now is dodging it as much as possible. Either link it or state it's invalid, one of the two.
    Someone else linked the article, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What are you trying to prove by bringing that up? It doesn't really tell us anything new.
    It doesn't tell us anything new, because I've been saying it all year. But Bill Nye the Spy asked, and I answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    While I would love to tell him he's wrong for being so arrogant, the quote is here: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...eria-next-xpac

There was a video, but the video appears to have been removed.

BUT it is not confirmation. What is said is that we will need their help in whats to come next. Whether it can be interpretted literally, or 'They'll be back in the future and you'll need their help' is unconfirmed.
    How am I arrogant? For arguing against arguments I feel are fallacious? For not giving in to groundless theories and wish-thinking?

Next means next, not 'at some point'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE"

That's called arrogance. And while next does mean next, needing their help with something doesn't mean the Legion is next. Maybe they escape and warn people OF the Legion (A much better tie in to a legion expansion) during the next expansion, but I don't see it confirming the Legion, nor your Heroes of the Storm speculation, which has been debunked as you grasping at straws constantly.
    How fortunate, then, that I am not saying "I found something in game that sounds somewhat similar to something I want to happen! FUCK EVERYTHING AGAINST IT CONFIRMED HALF LIFE THREE NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE".

My speculation, while not necessarily true (we shall see), makes sense and is always founded on plausible scenarios. The Legion is a Storm, and we are Heroes.

I'm sure Blizzard are happy about no one understanding the messages behind anything they write. They've recently really been trying hard to build up us as the Heroes; having the Aspects step back and declare us the defenders of the world, calling it the age of mortals; also having Wrathion and Velen foreshadow an Army of Light to stand against the darkness; giving us Pandaria which is more or less one massive lecture on how to reach your ultimate potential and how to work together against a common foe.

But no, let's keep pretending this is them all of a sudden going: 'Hang on... we just trademarked 'Blizzard All-Stars' 10 months ago, and we're really happy with the way it sets this game apart as Blizzard's MOBA. Also, it's definitely a competitive e-sports game for the PC. But oh well, let's rename it and re-design it around mobile, that'll catch those speculating fans off-guard! While we're at it, let's not trademark the expansion this year. No - I have it! Let's trademark is as 'The Dark Below', but then remove it again. Ha, that'll be sweet for business!'.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-10-11 at 05:14 PM.

Seriously Bill .... you just be trollin' at this point. Tens of thousands of people watched that launch event and it's just fact that Metzen did say that we would need them for what's next. Your attitude is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Seriously Bill .... you just be trollin' at this point. Tens of thousands of people watched that launch event and it's just fact that Metzen did say that we would need them for what's next. Your attitude is terrible.
    No the people spreading this bullshit are the real trolls. You guys are terrible, and that gloat topic you think you'll have won't come true.

And guess what: Heroes also could mean heroes blizzard has created, and Storm literally is what a blizzard is. Put it together now. Heroes of Blizzard, with no the because this makes more sense with these words. It's a play on words and of course everyone wants to believe it's the shitty legion.

Blizzard really fucked a lot of things up with that Welfare Legendary quest line.