Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Hope this is the right thread. Anyone know the /playsoundfile script for Rook's "BRAWL WITH ROOK!" quote?
    PlaySoundFile("Sound\CREATURE\RookStonetoe\VO_54_OR_ROOK_SPELL_01.OGG")
    in the wow-update-enUS-17266.MPQ file.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Hey all. I'm having some trouble with some Shaman macros. I'm just picking the class back up after over two years off, and I'm moderately (overly!!!) confused how to se up a macro to do the following.

- Mouseover
    - Friendly unit - /use Cleanse Spirit
    - Enemy unit - /use Purge

Many thanks! I tried everything possible to figure it out myself, but dang, this is killing me. Too many keybinds now that I can't set up dropping multiple totems at once.
    Try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,harm]Purge;[@mouseover,help][]Cleanse Spirit
    Last edited by lawomous; 2013-10-09 at 06:22 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Try this:
    That worked! Now I'll be able to do some similar things for my healy spells that I really have no intention of using unless I'm REALLY desperate

Quick question - What would I change the "mouseover" bit to on the harm portion if I just want to use spells on my target and still use a heal spell on mouseover?
    Last edited by Bison; 2013-10-09 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Quick question - What would I change the "mouseover" bit to on the harm portion if I just want to use spells on my target and still use a heal spell on mouseover?
    @target, or just leave it out, because it defaults to @target anyways

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    not sure what you mean by "combat numbers" of other players but I took a guess...
    Code:
    /run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("nameplateShowFriends")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")
    Hmm... Sorry to Bug you again PNut... This toggles the "V" key nameplates with health bars; How would I change this to *only* show and hide the player/NPC names in green/red above the unit's head? Would I just removes the bolded lines below?

/run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("nameplateShowFriends")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")

So it should read:

/run local function toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMech anicsOther")

Is this correct now?

I'm looking for a modification of this macro:

/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
    /click DropDownList1Button1

Which is the 'world marker' macro to mark places (like on Durumu or Malkorok), but I'd like to know if there is a way to make it a random color everytime you use it.

Which would be a total of 5 uses, until the 6th where it would clear a mark that's already been used, etc. if you catch my drift.

Thanks in advance

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    PlaySoundFile("Sound\CREATURE\RookStonetoe\VO_54_OR_ROOK_SPELL_01.OGG")
    in the wow-update-enUS-17266.MPQ file.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanElf View Post
    Hmm... Sorry to Bug you again PNut... This toggles the "V" key nameplates with health bars; How would I change this to *only* show and hide the player/NPC names in green/red above the unit's head? Would I just removes the bolded lines below?

So it should read:

/run local function toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMech anicsOther")

Is this correct now?
    don't remove the toggle function definition, just remove when it's called on nameplateShowFriends

don't remove the toggle function definition, just remove when it's called on nameplateShowFriends
    Hmm.... so how should it read then? Thank you again for the guidance!

I have been playing WoW for several years and have been trying to update my old macros for the new content. My knowledge about macros is limited to assembling pieces that other more knowledgeable people create. I have one of each of the classes and enjoy playing them all. For each character I have tried to set up two macros, the first is a pre-combat and at a distance and is mainly to get me buffed and ready. The second is to actually start the fight and get me off to a good start. The two macros below are the ones I currently use for my Fury Warrior and are typical of the other ones for the other characters. The script and console commands are to avoid needless feedback from those spells which were not off cooldown. Any advice would certainly be appreciated.

First macro
    #showtooltip Charge
    /startattack
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Berserker Rage
    /cast Die by the Sword
    /cast Storm Bolt
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Charge

Second macro
    /cast Skull Banner
    /cast Colossus Smash
    /cast Hamstring
    /cast Shield Wall
    /cast Raging Blow
    /cast Heroic Strike
    /use Potion of Mogu Power
    /cast Disarm
    Last edited by Geezer; 2013-10-09 at 09:59 PM.

Hi guys.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,nodead][] Shadowstep

I want to add to this macro a shift:mod to Shadowstep on my focus target.

How do I go about doing that?

Hmm.... so how should it read then? Thank you again for the guidance!
    Code:
    /run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end  toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    Hi guys.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,exists,nodead][@target,nodead][] Shadowstep

I want to add to this macro a shift:mod to Shadowstep on my focus target.

How do I go about doing that?
    [mod:shift,@focus,exists,nodead]
    put it in there at whichever priority it should be. highest priority is farthest left.

also your set of empty brackets there is redundant.

[QUOTE=pnutbutter;22795584]
    Code:
    /run local function toggle(v)SetCVar(v,1-GetCVar(v))end  toggle("UnitNameOwn")toggle("UnitNameNPC")toggle("fctFriendlyHealers")toggle("fctSpellMechanicsOther")
    Hmm... I've been doing a lot of reading on this; Why use "/run local function" rather than "/script local " ? and what are the (v) characters doing? Sorry to keep needling this, I just want to understand this better.

For instance, I have read this is all you might need for showing and hiding player/NPC names... ?

/console UnitNameOwn (0/1)
    /console UnitNameNPC (0/1)
    /console UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName (0/1)
    /console UnitNameFriendlyPetName (0/1)
    Last edited by SylvanElf; 2013-10-10 at 08:20 PM.

Hmm... I've been doing a lot of reading on this; Why use "/run local function" rather than "/script local " ?
    they're exactly the same thing. when you get into making macros that approach the 255 character limit, you'll be looking for any way to write things more compactly.
    and what are the (v) characters doing?
    it's the function parameter. I defined the function named "toggle" that takes a parameter "v" and then acts on that parameter.
    /console UnitNameOwn (0/1)
    /console UnitNameNPC (0/1)
    /console UnitNameFriendlyPlayerName (0/1)
    /console UnitNameFriendlyPetName (0/1)
    yes, if you're doing one-time or static operations. you can make two macros, one that turns all the CVars on, and one that turns all the CVars off. if you only want one macro you have to use Lua to set the CVars dynamically.

Question for you fine folks:

I want to have a basic macro for my pets that works in both BM and SV that should work something like this:

In BM spec, with no pet it should call my favorite Spirit Beast, Taylorswift.
    In SV spec, with no pet it should call my Sporebat, Waynus.
    With any pet out, it should cast Mend Pet, and if my pet is dead it should cast Revive Pet.

What I have is this:

/cast [nopet][spec:1] Call Taylorswift
    /cast [nopet][spec:3] Call Waynus
    /cast [@pet,nodead] Mend Pet
    /cast [target=pet, dead] Revive Pet

What is wrong here, macro junkies?

Deleted
    The first two conditionals should have a comma separating them instead of being in separate brackets. Also, you can put all the /casts in one line.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@pet,nodead]Mend Pet; [@pet,dead]Revive Pet; [nopet,spec:1]Call Taylorswift; Call Waynus
    PS: Be aware that the spec:X conditional uses dual spec indices, not specialization indices. spec:1 is your first dual spec, while spec:2 is your second dual spec.

Hot damn, PNut, you're smart!

it's the function parameter. I defined the function named "toggle" that takes a parameter "v" and then acts on that parameter.
    And that's not the actual V-key nameplate, right? because I don't want those shown/hidden, just the floating name display of all players and NPCs. The part about the combat text is perfect as is (meaning I understand that part! )

yes, if you're doing one-time or static operations. you can make two macros, one that turns all the CVars on, and one that turns all the CVars off. if you only want one macro you have to use Lua to set the CVars dynamically.
    That's what I figured, but I like to hear it from someone who knows better than I do! Thank you again for your help, and more importantly your patience.

Deleted
    "v" is just a variable name. If you called it "bobby" the code would work exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    "v" is just a variable name. If you called it "bobby" the code would work exactly the same.
    Ah, good to know! Thanks!!

Hello all, I just want a warlock macro that will tie in CoE to another spell, and not waste time recasting if its already up on the target. I'm destro right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Hello all, I just want a warlock macro that will tie in CoE to another spell, and not waste time recasting if its already up on the target. I'm destro right now.
    1) a macro can't check for buffs/debuffs, so no way to do this
    2) even without this functionality, the macro wouldn't be very useful, as you definitely would have to press it twice (a macro can't execute two spells that both trigger the GCD)