Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Loot Change Idea

I think that your chance of winning something should go up by 2 or 5% per wipe.

Why? Well, gold isn't really a reward. And when you are a healer or a tank (or even a dps, though generally it's less stressful for that role) and your team wipes 3 or 4 times and you get gold & gold, it's very frustrating. It's even more frustrating when it happens again...and again...and again...week after week. You stop feeling it's worth bothering with and thus you stop running it, increasing queue times and reducing Blizzard's interest in keeping the content alive.

This is mainly after frustration of 12 bosses in a row with bonus rolls and winning nothing. The group wiped many times on many of the bosses so I spent hours to walk away with...nothing of value. If I'm investing the time, I think there should be something worthwhile from the time.

Sounds like people would purposefully wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I have to agree with this, Halloween Penguin.
    It seems like it'd just be punishing groups that do well in LFR and rewarding groups that do poorly.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

It's frustrating to walk away from running a bunch of LFR, or anything really, without getting anything for the time spent. Especially in new content where wipes can be frequent ... But I honestly don't have a solution to that.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This is mainly after frustration of 12 bosses in a row with bonus rolls and winning nothing. The group wiped many times on many of the bosses so I spent hours to walk away with...nothing of value. If I'm investing the time, I think there should be something worthwhile from the time.
    Sounds more like you were wasting time rather that investing it. There's no reward for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How unfortunate, but true.

Deleted
    Why punish groups that do good? People would just wipe on purpose. The opposite would make more sense, getting lower chance for wiping. That would encourage people not to wipe.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Why punish groups that do good? People would just wipe on purpose. The opposite would make more sense, getting lower chance for wiping. That would encourage people not to wipe.
    or atleast encourage people not to afk/retard out n play properly and not stand in shit...

or bonus points for not dieing to fire/doing more then auto attacking

it just disapointsme when i wipe 2 times then get 11 gold its like....rly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

It'd be a great incentive for legitimate groups, but as soon as people hear this, they will forcefully wipe the group. I remember when the determination buff was first put in, people would be saying " LETS JUST WIPE 10 TIMES AND GET STACKS PLZ K GUYS ", the sad part is, they were serious.

I'm as sick as getting mostly gold from Flex and to a lesser extent LFR as the next guy, but they should just up the chance, it's easier and better for everyone involved. I recall a tweet from ghostcrawler on sept 30, I think it was just recently on the front page for whatever reason, but I think he said they increased the drop chance, it sure doesn't seem like it if that's the case.

Don't people already do that? I don't know how many runs I've been in where someone calls for intentional wipes to stack Determination.

Sadly, iamthedevil nailed it. This would be abused to no end, even if they linked it to the Determination buff (which as far as I know require you to survive for a couple minutes before a wipe will trigger a stack). I imagine most groups would decide that losing a couple minutes per wipe would be worth an almost guaranteed chance at loot, and an easier final attempt besides thanks to the buffs you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    Don't people already do that? I don't know how many runs I've been in where someone calls for intentional wipes to stack Determination.
    Yeh but now they would be rewarded for it. If there was some sort of safety mechanism for this, it could work. I have no idea myself on what that could be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalithic View Post
    I've seen some people say that but I've never seen a group actually agree to it.

OR.... it could gear up bad players so that next week they won't wipe as badly.

I wanted to add that i definitely do share the frustrations of multiple wipes and hours spent when you know it is not your fault.

Form premade lfr group, strip naked, wipe 20 times and have 100% chance at loot.

It's a stupid idea and it is rife with opportunities for abuse.

It's been rammed down our throats that seeing content is "fun". Your post (to me) is just more proof people think the content is shit and they just want loot. I hope Blizzard mans up and admits it one day.

Do flex, less hassle, probably a smaller time investment too.

Im surprised you guys can get into an LFR. Last 3 times i tried to do gates in SoO LFR, the tanks leave before the trash for Gala, and from that point the raid is doomed. Me and 4 others sat inside the raid for an hour without any signs of anything happening. I know this is off topic, but i think LFR has more problems than just loot. Tanks need more incentives to stick around.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Im surprised you guys can get into an LFR. Last 3 times i tried to do gates in SoO LFR, the tanks leave before the trash for Gala, and from that point the raid is doomed. Me and 4 others sat inside the raid for an hour without any signs of anything happening. I know this is off topic, but i think LFR has more problems than just loot. Tanks need more incentives to stick around.
    Yeah i've had that happen over 5 times or more, so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's been rammed down our throats that seeing content is "fun". Your post (to me) is just more proof people think the content is shit and they just want loot. I hope Blizzard mans up and admits it one day.
    I don't agree with that. I like the content. I enjoy our normal mode raid with my main and look forward to the heroic modes soon. I do usually like LFR and I have had winning streaks in the past. But there are times when it can get very frustrating when you're trying to gear up an alt and you seem to be blocked at every turn no matter how well you perform your role in the group.

I would prefer to have some sort of hidden drop rate increasing system implemented if you consistently did well each week. I cannot count the number of times I've clutch saved a tank with a 250k+ FoLs and HoSac during CDs or when I've dropped everything I'm doing to kill an add and often blowing CDs on it, because I know full well no other fucker's going to switch. Just irks me when I see complete and utter morons with 4 Set bonuses and Weapons while they just tunnel the living shit out of stuff and die to whatever mechanic they don't dodge first while I'm getting Gold/Gold. Or on fights like Sha of Pride; the number of people who don't stack up on Melee and instead stand 3-4 yards apart, repeatedly, is astounding.