View Poll Results: How likely do you think it is that Heroes of the Storm is EXP 5?

Voters
320. This poll is closed
  • 1 - Not at all.

107 33.44%
  • 2 - I'm not discounting the possibility.

90 28.13%
  • 3 - I'm uncertain, could go either way.

75 23.44%
  • 4 - Very likely.

28 8.75%
  • 5 - I am certain - it is the expansion.

20 6.25%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Every new expansion is the death of wow.... lol At least people say that EVERY expansion xD

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    Every new expansion is the death of wow.... lol At least people say that EVERY expansion xD
    Well IMO BC2 is a different nightmare scenario. A lot of people complain "this feature you added ruined the game."

The risk in BC2 is Blizz doesn't add anything. I call it BC2 for a reason. That Blizz is just "Legion = subs" and repackages all the sci-fi nonsense we had in BC and just places it on Argus. No new characters, no new plots, no new demons, no revolutionary features. Just a repackaging of BC in a blatant grab for nostalgic fans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspen View Post
    If this expansion wants to do well it will have zero relevance to Mists of Pandaria, and will incorporate many new features, and scrap a lot of garbage already present in the game. Garbage like LFR and Scenarios. We don't need new BGs or Arenas. That's old and tired. Things MoP did well was Challenge Modes and Heroic raiding, that's undeniable.

We'll see next month if the next expansion is worth anything to people who aren't diehard fanboys or if it will be mediocre like MoP was.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    If this expansion wants to do well it will have zero relevance to Mists of Pandaria, and will incorporate many new features, and scrap a lot of garbage already present in the game. Garbage like LFR and Scenarios. We don't need new BGs or Arenas. That's old and tired. Things MoP did well was Challenge Modes and Heroic raiding, that's undeniable.

We'll see next month if the next expansion is worth anything to people who aren't diehard fanboys or if it will be mediocre like MoP was.
    My fear is Blizz will make a repackaging of BC to satisfy people like this guy. Who are likely driven more by nostalgia than by an actual desire for a good game.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm trying to remember and I don't think the MoP debate ever got this personal.

We had people thinking it'd be Pandaria, and others thinking it was the Kvaldir, and some saying Azshara and that MoP was a hoax.

But this.... why is it the BC2 fanatics have latched so hard onto Heroes of the Storm as to be unable to see the probability that it has nothing to do with WoW?

The thing is trademarked for mobile platforms!
    Honestly I'm fairly sure either this expansion or next will be legion based, but I am not even remotely convinced HotS is the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    My fear is Blizz will make a repackaging of BC to satisfy people like this guy. Who are likely driven more by nostalgia than by an actual desire for a good game.
    Oh yeah, I'm driven by nostalgia. That's why I'm tired of features like BGs and Arenas and want completely new things. Because a desire to see new things is driven by a desire to repeat old things.

Do you even logic?

Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post

And anybody who has even a quantum of buisness sense will completely ignore what you just said. You might not like those features, but they're popular. Removing challenge modes and heroic raiding probably wouldn't hurt the game to badly, certainly not as much as removing LFR and scenarios would, or killing PvP entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And anybody who has even a quantum of buisness sense will completely ignore what you just said. You might not like those features, but they're popular. Removing challenge modes and heroic raiding probably wouldn't hurt the game to badly, certainly not as much as removing LFR and scenarios would, or killing PvP entirely.
    Jesus what an incredibly stupid post. Just assumption after assumption with you. Adding NEW features in PvP would kill PvP now? Zero logic here. The level of posters on this site in quality posting is absolutely abysmal. Do you even take the time to think it through before hitting that post button? You think removing Heroic Modes wouldn't hurt the game badly but "scenarios and LFR" would? Rofl. What basis do you stand on? Flex has more or less replaced LFR as its being run way more and scenarios are trash that only happened because dungeons weren't up to snuff this expansion.

Don't talk about business sense. You clearly have no business degree, you're just a keyboard warrior.

Deleted
    Notice the update to the top of the OP. I find the evidence very convincing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Op, you do realize that the storm that story refers to is the Sundering? This has been said before. ANd it blows my mind how someone can miss such a blatantly obvious thing.
    Now tell me one thing.. when the Legion has such an impact on the wheather - And it arrives. And you would look up to the Sky just as it arrives. What do you see? A Storm or horrible Anime-Shit Characters? You don't get what I mean? Yeah of course it refers to the sundering. Since the sundering was a point where Legion Troops did arrive. That has nothing to do with the Maelstrom specifically back when it all happened. The Word Storm can indicate many things. But when it's tied to "Evil" in WoW - It's the Legion. Azshara is no Storm. She may have the power to call upon one - But that's because she casts or does something magically. The Legion seems to literally change the whole Wheather just by arriving. A horrible thundering Storm, probably much more dire than anything Lei Shen could have done. What I'm trying to squeeze into your head is: It does refer to the Sundering. But the Sundering isn't what's causing the Storm. Because the Storm was there before the Sundering had even happened. If the Storm was caused by the Sundering itself Shaohao wouldn't even have had the chance to hide Pandaria and protect it. Because if the Storm had come from the Sundering the Continent would already have been broken. But Shaohao could see this Storm while he was still on his journey. Which is just "blatantly obvious" the reason to why the Storm refers to the Legion. Not the Sundering. Also without the Legion the fucking Sundering wouldn't have happened and all we would have fought the years prior to MoP would have been Night elves. And don't even try to find other arguments as to why it would refer to the Sundering itself. Please. Just keep it to yourself.

Deleted
    Unfortunately Heroes of the Storm is the new Blizzard All-Stars game.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eThSo670cas

SO FUNNY..
    i love it.. loooove it..
    just goes to show how much one can go to prove something. and then be completely wrong.. looove it

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, guys, be nice.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Come on, guys, be nice.
    Dont listen to it, its not human.

ITS JUST A MASK!

I think it's funny that this guy thought he was important enough that he should create an entirely separate thread about how he was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Believe me, I'll be there with a 'called it' topic and gloat.
    I hope this announcement brings you down a peg or two. You have been a bit arrogant and condescending and the above quote illustrates this perfectly. Unlucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I think it's funny that this guy thought he was important enough that he should create an entirely separate thread about how he was wrong.
    Why do you feel the need to be so cruel?

I had been building my theories and argued their legitimacy for weeks; toes were stepped on, and I did become a bit overconfident and stubborn. Hence, I felt there was a need to make my apology heard.

That, and I knew that some people wouldn't resist the opportunity to visit various old threads of mine just to point this out. Dead threads should stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Why do you feel the need to be so cruel?

I had been building my theories and argued their legitimacy for weeks; toes were stepped on, and I did become a bit overconfident and stubborn. Hence, I felt there was a need to make my apology heard.

That, and I knew that some people wouldn't resist the opportunity to visit various old threads of mine just to point this out. Dead threads should stay dead.
    I didn't reference the fact that you were wrong. I was talking about how you were compelled to create an entirely separate topic, rather than use the existing one you made.

Of course, the whole telling people off for not understanding your theory or whatever is pretty lul-worthy as well. Again, I didn't address that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since people are just using this thread now to gloat despite mod warning to knock it off, I'm closing it.

If you want to discuss the IP itself, please use one of our existing threads to do so.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |