Thread: best crit spec

best crit spec

i am wondering what is the best spec for crit ?

im new at this forum so go easy on me

The best spec for crit is, of course, restoration.

But seriously, what are you talking about?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

thank you i'll go sub rogue

If you mean which spec makes the most of the crit stat? Then, generally speaking the answer is Subtlety.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

yes thats what i want to ask

with daggers right ?

Quote Originally Posted by reddrizzt View Post
    yes thats what i want to ask

with daggers right ?
    That's right
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Let's be serious for a second, though. Crit is roughly equal to mastery for sub. Sub is haste, Combat is haste, Sin is mastery until you get t16. Rogues don't really go crit in any of the specs. If you're dead-set on playing a rogue and going a crit build, sub will be your best bet, but you might not enjoy the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Let's be serious for a second, though. Crit is roughly equal to mastery for sub. Sub is haste, Combat is haste, Sin is mastery until you get t16. Rogues don't really go crit in any of the specs. If you're dead-set on playing a rogue and going a crit build, sub will be your best bet, but you might not enjoy the results.
    i dont understand the "dead-set".

Quote Originally Posted by reddrizzt View Post
    i dont understand the "dead-set".
    Being dead set on something means you've made up your mind and can't be persuaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ For example: I'm dead-set on mastery-heavy assassination.

Deleted
    going sub u only require a dagger in MH, OH should be a 2.6 weap for more dmg =) since backstab only requires dagger in MH

Quote Originally Posted by Mybrightsky View Post
    going sub u only require a dagger in MH, OH should be a 2.6 weap for more dmg =) since backstab only requires dagger in MH
    Err, no. Your offhand doesn't influence anything but the rate of your poison procs, which were changed to a fixed perchentage with MoP. Going with a slow offhand makes your damage decrease as you're actually getting less poison procs.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Err, no. Your offhand doesn't influence anything but the rate of your poison procs, which were changed to a fixed perchentage with MoP. Going with a slow offhand makes your damage decrease as you're actually getting less poison procs.
    Assuming the choices would be around equal in stats and raw damage, yeah. It's not worth using a slow offhand unless the stats and the DPS of the weapon is significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    Assuming the choices would be around equal in stats and raw damage, yeah. It's not worth using a slow offhand unless the stats and the DPS of the weapon is significantly better.
    Just use whatever you can get for the OH, really.

But yeah, dead-set means that you're going to build crit no matter what anyone says. Which is fine, but you might be disappointed, it's a weak stat for rogues. If you want to play a class that goes a lot of crit, warriors stack it like crazy and they're in a good place right now. WW monks stack a lot of crit and they play similarly to rogues, as well.

If you want to build full crit on your rogue, by all means, go for it, but you might find yourself doing less damage than you'd like.

Which spec benefits most from crit largely depends on context.

Solo play--probably sub (HaT). Group play--probably assassination (seal fate).

looks like seal fate ability pretty cool.