Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What of spriest in rbgs. They only seem to be viable in arena with the insanity build but are more flexible in rbgs. Also if you are complaining about mind blast not critting hard then you obviously never had the pleasure of melting someone's face in with a PI insanity burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Windwalk totem my friend. Also if you are being kited you can hex, ground, shear, tide for heals, bulwark, sham rage, ground again if talented for it. Etc

Dont panic when you are behind the wheel on an enhance. Just stay cool and use your insane utility.
    What who said i was ever panicking? Was just pokeing fun at his comment for calling other class out that they were more superior in some way than his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    What who said i was ever panicking? Was just pokeing fun at his comment for calling other class out that they were more superior in some way than his.
    Oh. Sounded like You were complaining. Text doesn't really convey emotion very well. Shrug.

Carry on
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Deep wounds ticks 3x as hard as VT and SW:P combined. GG blizzard.
    let me ask you a question-hows d- priests in arena this season?are they close to being/are the #1 healers in pvp atm? priest usually are season in and season out.so you come in here crying about shadow and complaining about arms warriors,fine.im going to complain about fury because fury is worse in rep/#'s in pvp then shadow is.that = fury needs massive buffs right?

why are you complaining about shadow being average while you have dis you can play?warriors dotn have that luxury,we have arms and thats it.

Deleted
    why are you complaining about shadow being average while you have dis you can play?
    pls uninstall your internet browser for this. If you cannot comprehend the difference between playing a healer and a dps dont post like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Talking about VT dispels dealing damage.
    Just a correction. VT being dispelled doesn't deal damage. You're thinking of a warlocks Unstable Affliction.

Shadow did get some nerfs yet again but we're still doing OK. Problem is while other classes, especially ranged, rely on their own abilities to keep targets off of them, Shadow relies on other classes. That's fine for PVP when it's not 1v1, and the only time you should really 1v1 is in duels.

Also for the OP. MB isn't what it was in previous expansions. It's now just an orb generator. DP+SW:I is where your burst is, not MB.

Dude, I wish I was able to get a MF:I off in Arenas....
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    As the above poster mentioned, you still have great ways to deal hefty amounts of damage.

And mind blast currently does comparatively far more damage than you're claiming since it hits for much more than a colossus smashed slam. 55k sounds like a hit, not a crit. 120k obliterate is a crit on an undergeared target.
    you forgot the "undergeared target" excuse doesn't work anymore?

I just dont see why anyone would take a spriest over an afflic lock in 2's, 3's, or rbg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    try frost mage. 25K CRIT icelance and 40K CRIT frostbolts.. shadow priest suddenly doesnt look so bad
    Try lying more, or get out of that Crafted gear.

Did some arenas, pretty sure I'm getting hit by 35k + consistently, one time I got hit by two 42k ice lances in a deep freeze while in defensive stance, so the guy above who said 60k with cds is more or less right.

That's not exactly bad damage, bud.

And yeah, spriest damage is awful... until it adds up to DP, Insanity and if the chance it right, a Fiend.
    Then that awful damage eats your soul... so don't compare a mere spell for sucking if overall they can melt you up.
    Hell, imagine if VT and SWP were strong on top of that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    pls uninstall your internet browser for this. If you cannot comprehend the difference between playing a healer and a dps dont post like this.
    explain it to me wise ass-you cant see the point im making?maybe its you that should " uninstall your internet browser".

again-this thread is about s-priests right?the guy i responded to is complaining about warriors,we all can see what hes trying to do.so i made an example and used warriors since he brought them up.

people like you bitch and cry when warriors are strong.you also state warriors are cry babies and all that crap.went every class in game has atleast two viable pvp spec except for warriors.people that play warriors do not bitch and cry about fury in pvp do we?all we ask for is for arms to be strong.yet i see threads like this,people crying that shadow is not top of the heap in pvp compared to d-priests.

i do not care if you want dps or heal,a class should never be the best at both or all three "tanking".if shadow is lacking in pvp,go heals-you should be anyway.shadow should take a back seat to dis when it come to pvp,just like fury does to arms.

hell if i had it my way "and the devs like gc agree" the game would be much better off with pvp and pve specs,again.

example - dis-the pvp spec that priests use when they pvp. shadow-pve dps spec.holy-pve healing spec. whats that you say?you want to be rank 1 viable as a dps priest= to bad.the pvp tree for priests is dis.you see how that works?its called pvp and pve specs and that effects game balance.without pvp and pve specs you end up with a pile of shit,like we have atm in wows pvp.every dumb ass wants his or her spec to be best for what he/she wants it for and that hurts the game.

same can/should be said for warriors.if you want to pvp roll arms.you want to pve dps roll fury.tanks =pve and should not be in pvp outside of tanking rbgs and thats gone by by now to.what i say = game balance,no blood "tank" dks in 2's = better game balance.your way = shitty pvp.why on earth you think shadow should be rank one viable like dis is beyond me.every class should get one and only 1 pvp spec and balance around that.if you want to pvp as dps play a different class.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-10-11 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    explain it to me wise ass-you cant see the point im making?maybe its you that should " uninstall your internet browser".
    people like you bitch and cry when warriors are strong
    Never did I on this forum bitch about warriors anywhere, it is your statement that priest players should go disc and not spriest; they are both different as different goes.
    Spriest is and almost was viable in every season, and it is viable this season. In fact, it was among the top dps specs in arenas for a lot of seasons, including being godlike in 5.2. Spriest never had the arms/fury treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Never did I on this forum bitch about warriors anywhere, it is your statement that priest players should go disc and not spriest; they are both different as different goes.
    Spriest is and almost was viable in every season, and it is viable this season. In fact, it was among the top dps specs in arenas for a lot of seasons, including being godlike in 5.2. Spriest never had the arms/fury treatment.
    "Spriest never had the arms/fury treatment."

ty for proving my point for me .

"Spriest is and almost was viable in every season, and it is viable this season".
    again ty -just trying to figure out why people need to start threads like these if your class/spec is playing so well in pvp?

"Never did I on this forum bitch about warriors anywhere
    "
    i was generalizing- you know since you responded to my post to another player,telling me to uninstall my internet browser.

" If you cannot comprehend the difference between playing a healer and a dps dont post like this"

telling me not to post,lmfao.if you cannot comprehend that pvp in wow is a big pile of shit then it is you that needs to stop posting.this all spec viable crap is probably about 80% to blame for pvp being the way it is now.i went into detail in my last post about it.you did not want to comment on that,fine.so thats brings us to were we are now.your statement saying shadow is viable this season like it is very season to go along with dis.what is the purpose of this thread?priests have two strong pvp spec,and every class should have 1 and only 1 for balance reasons like i already stated.i guess only warriors are held to that standard,if arms is viable and no dead last in rep "more often then not".

so why did the poster i responded to compare priest to warriors?
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-10-12 at 01:23 PM.

Shadow priests complaining? Ghostcrawler apparently had it right when he said every single class whines, no matter how good they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Dude, I wish I was able to get a MF:I off in Arenas....
    Try playing From Darkness Comes Light, you can get a huge amount of procs back to back with VT out on 2-3 people (or more if there is pets). We played RPS last night and, granted it wasn't very high rated, I was coming top or second damage nearly every game. I think every game we played had a Warrior, so my Rogue would sit him keeping him off me while I got VTs out and 3 orbs.

Once I had 3 orbs, we'd wait on me to get 2 mind spike procs and then we'd swap to someone with a kidney and a silence on the healer and 100-0 them if they didn't use an immunity. The damage Spriest can do is pretty crazy. You have to completely build the playstyle around Spriest now though, because it's extremely hard to get any form of damage out when you've got a warrior training on you.

Mindblast -> 3 orb DP -> mind spike -> mind spike with shadowfiend and on use up can easily be 200k+ damage by yourself in 4 globals and it's all instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Try playing From Darkness Comes Light, you can get a huge amount of procs back to back with VT out on 2-3 people (or more if there is pets). We played RPS last night and, granted it wasn't very high rated, I was coming top or second damage nearly every game. I think every game we played had a Warrior, so my Rogue would sit him keeping him off me while I got VTs out and 3 orbs.

Once I had 3 orbs, we'd wait on me to get 2 mind spike procs and then we'd swap to someone with a kidney and a silence on the healer and 100-0 them if they didn't use an immunity. The damage Spriest can do is pretty crazy. You have to completely build the playstyle around Spriest now though, because it's extremely hard to get any form of damage out when you've got a warrior training on you.

Mindblast -> 3 orb DP -> mind spike -> mind spike with shadowfiend and on use up can easily be 200k+ damage by yourself in 4 globals and it's all instant.
    I DO use FDCL BECAUSE I know I'll never be able to get off a MF:I. I just wish people didn't auto-train on spriests
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I DO use FDCL BECAUSE I know I'll never be able to get off a MF:I. I just wish people didn't auto-train on spriests
    Priests are so much fun to play with but shadow seriously needs a slow or snare...

Deleted
    Shadow priest isn't a pure dps it's a support dps. No matter what Blizz says their actions say otherwise.

Deleted
    Comparing ranged DoT damage to melee Dot Damage whilst ignoring all situational melee vs ranged costs, offensive dispells, offhealing capabilities, utilities (silence, disarm, horrify, fears in rapid succession) as well as just ranged damage in general countering being kited by roots.

Seems like a good way to go on about discussing class balance. /golfclap.

Priests are so much fun to play with but shadow seriously needs a slow or snare...
    Are you stupid dude? Just mind flay them and run away they wont be able to catch you while you stand still and they still are moving albeit slower towards you, have no fear you can always spam sw: p for less than any passive regen ability in the game and watch your new and improved apparitions do more damage than VT because no one lets you cast ever. If you get in a pickle use your mana regen ability that is on the gcd to get a full round of everyone's most powerful debuffs on your and a lined up cc. The ability only works for the last 5 of the 6 seconds because for the first second you have to reach for the lube to get ready, it really should just be a 2 second cast to assure its inferiority to all other defensives. But rejoice for all they need to do to beat you is clone you when dispersed and clone your fiend and voilà no mana for poor Mr. shadow man because MD and halo cost all of it and your main regen is tied to hardcasting and main offensive and defensive cooldowns as pitifully easy to counter as they both may be. Meanwhile the mage has all your buffs procs and CDs and if he had to steal 6 times in a row he will be oom for less than the time it takes to tick the gcd around because ppppppasssssiiiivvveee regennnnnnn.

your next course of action is to find said mage and ask him to let you hold his pocket

edit: in the interest of covering the whole package I think it would be disingenuous if I didn't mention that psyfiend after being toned down for being out of control many a time now has a whopping TWELVE K HEALTH! WHAAAAAAAAAT YOOOOU SAYYY?
    Last edited by Vicarious; 2013-10-12 at 02:28 PM.