Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

On a personal note, consider that your gf might be "expressing interest" in WoW just because she wants to spend more time with you - and might be not at all truly interested in playing WoW.
    This, my wife plays wow on her own now as she grew to like it over the last 7 years, before then, she did it just to spend time with me. Raiding got in the way of that, arguments ensued because she couldn't raid, and that's what I did mostly. She eventually just did her own thing, now she doesn't play so much, nor do I.

OT, I have a Druid, Priest and Shaman, cant speak for monk, the "easiest" to me is a Druid.

Like people have mentioned, make her read the description/lore behind each class and pick whatever one attracts her attention. This is a game remember, don't over think and calculate everything, especially if you don't even plan on doing much of what end-game has to offer. Help her enjoy the experience, she will fall in love with the game if she's perplexed by everything, that's the main reason why people are so nostalgic about their first time playing an MMO, your first ever MMO is an extremely magical experience that you will never forget. Help her enjoy what Azeroth has to offer.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2013-10-13 at 01:48 PM.

Not a priest if you want low keybinds.

As a note, the race and starting area being pretty might be more important than the first class tried out. It was for me.

I'd say: Beastmaster hunter. No; it won't get you heals. But as a starter class, it's probably what she'll have most fun with until she gets the hang of the game.

Don't assume she wants to heal because she's female. Most women I've met were very solid DPS players. Exclusive DPS players, even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I hear shaman healing is superior, and I'm fond of monk healing myself.

Deleted
    I played all the healing classes in high end raiding and have to say that Paladin, monk and (Holy) Priest were the easiest .
    Many say Shamans are easy, but my experience was that shamans are very gear dependant. They do fine when having high-end gear, but if not then they have a hard time catching up with other classes. And the totem synergy is also a thing that became somewhat 'harder' now that they changed totems. However, my most shaman experience comes from Firelands hc and Dragonsoul hc. During MoP I have no shaman experience.

I'd say difficulty to be something like this (with holy priest being easiest and druid hardest)
    - Holy Priest
    - Monk
    - Paladin
    - Shaman
    - Disc Priest
    - Druid

But for your situation I'd suggest priest because of the two healing specs. If she doesn't like one she can always try the other one. With the other classes you are kinda stuck to one play-style.
    Last edited by mmoc218fce9898; 2013-10-13 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    I found monks pretty easy, although you do have to pre-empt heavy raid damage, and set everything up beforehand, but other than that it's pretty simple.

I liked levelling as a Discipline priest, but started hating it when raiding, but that's probably because I'm awful.

Resto druids are very fun :P, and they can shapeshift!

Monk or resto druids, I'd say, but others say priests, or paladins, or shamans...

At least we monks and discipline priests you can fistweave and attonement heal, respectively, great in dungeons light of healing so you actually feel like you are doing something by dpsing.

Deleted
    MW monk is not easy... maby dungeon / lfr wise it is, well all classes are but as a MW in normal / heroic raiding, it gets hard, the trickiest healing class.
    Id say go with resto shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Holy priest i'd say, shaman is too complicated.
    What? I don't even... Huh?

Haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Every healing class is easy, just pay attention, know your abilities...if she can't do that, this isn't the game for her
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Honestly, kinda biased here, but the whole having to plan out way in advance makes MW seem so much more difficult for me than other healers, especially considering that if u need to oh shit heal someone u can miss your renewing mist CD and won't be able to heal the raid as efficiently.

Difficulty wise, honestly, healing in general is kinda tricky when in high end raiding - Just pick whatever seems the most fun, but whatever you pick it's probably not the best choice if you want to raid properly with it as a beginner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    So what would you suggest? Thanks for any help
    Take it with a pinch of salt since I'm single but stop patronizing.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
    bandage spec'd mage
    Look what we've got here, a message from WotLK times!
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    OR! You could let her just try classes of all specs and pick what she likes. Who knows. She might make an amazing warrior tank.
    Aye mate

If she plans to sticking to non-raid content, definitely shaman. Put Healing Rain down with Healing Stream Totem and you don't have to cast anything else. Maybe refresh Earth Shield on tank. It is the laziest dungeon healing ever.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    If she plans to sticking to non-raid content, definitely shaman. Put Healing Rain down with Healing Stream Totem and you don't have to cast anything else. Maybe refresh Earth Shield on tank. It is the laziest dungeon healing ever.
    You mean boring. Scrap that all dungeon healing is boring. I have taken to doing heroics with 5 dps. Last boss in SM died in 7 seconds last run lol.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You mean boring. Scrap that all dungeon healing is boring. I have taken to doing heroics with 5 dps. Last boss in SM died in 7 seconds last run lol.
    Not going to lie, I leveled my shaman by healing in dungeons as Ele. Old Conductivity with Healing Stream, oh yeah.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    * possibly the smallest amount of keybindings
    * possibly a lot of instant heals ( the more the better)
    * an almost horizontal learning curve
    Assuming no raids(except lfr) planned, id say disc priest fits this
    You can get all solo/5man(except challenge)/lfr done easily with 3-5 keybindings and no cooldowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!