Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Could Murlocs be the next playable race?

I know what you are thinking and I usually hate these threads as well (but not this one because its mine).

I was looking at the Murkalot video and the way that they have the armour fitting his body and the overall awesomeness of the model in general got me thinking. I know one pet is not any evidence at all, but he seems to have a lot of detail for a simple companion pet. The armour fits perfectly with his features (which are plentiful on this model) which gave me the feeling that they have done some recent work on murlocs in general. Something about

Even if there is no chance at all I think its a fun discussion. Would you play a Murloc class if it existed? Would you be excited to play a little Murloc with a sword and a shield? or perhaps a Murloc mage? What type of fish would you want to look like? colours? pattern? what fin would you have?

I am not asking if you think they will be the next, I am only asking if you think they could and if you would like it.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-10-13 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    I know what you are thinking and I usually hate these threads as well (but no this one because its mine).

I was looking at the Murkalot video and the way that they have the armour fitting his body and the overall awesomeness of the model in general got me thinking. I know one pet is not any evidence at all, but he seems to have a lot of detail for a simple companion pet. The armour fits perfectly with his features (which are plentiful on this model) which gave me the feeling that they have done some recent work on murlocs in general. Something about

Even if there is no chance at all I think its a fun discussion. Would you play a Murloc class if it existed? Would you be excited to play a little Murloc with a sword and a shield? or perhaps a Murloc mage? What type of fish would you want to look like? colours? pattern? what fin would you have?

I am not asking if you think they will be the next, I am only asking if you think they could and if you would like it.
    Probably not. I love Murlocs as much as the next guy but they are simply too stupid to be a player race. The Jinyu, who are Murlocs evolved in the waters of the vale, would be a viable option.

So while I don't think they could...IF they could, they'd be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    As if Blizzard didn't damage WoW's reputation enough with adding pandas.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...
    Live and die on this day...

Deleted
    I wouldn't say it's likely but I'd be interested in leveling one They were very annoying back in the day but I like them though
    edit: as there's already plush murlocs in the blizzard shop (there's one here with me ) Do you know these singing sunflowers? I'd love one of those as plush I know ppl rather say no because they can be annoying aswell - but I still smile whereever and whenever I see one.
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2013-10-13 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    What more silly than a gnome or a panda? Personally I would play the hell out of a murloc and I would enjoy it. The way they hunch over and run, could have some really awesome animations.

yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
    i mean, it's the first time they ever gave away a murloc as prize, right?

oh no, wait. they have been doing that since wow launched.

At some point I think that most races will become playable in WoW if it survives long enough. I think murlocks would be far down on that list as most people would only want to play one to be silly; however, with pandas being a playable race now, I'm not so certain.

I'm not against any race becoming playable, so long as they can fit it into the game and story in a reasonable way.

And well Murlocs... its a murloc! Of course I'd play one! I adore Murlocs

And the animations for the Murkalot pet are amazing, he's so dang cute.

Also Murlocs aren't that stupid, I remember getting my ass handed to me a few times along the levelling path back in vanilla... they worked together on mass to overwhelm you ... I think that's pretty clever Whats not clever is a lonely noob charging into an encampment of Murlocs... lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    yeah, it makes a lot of sense.
    i mean, it's the first time they ever gave away a murloc as prize, right?
    To my knowledge this is the first time they have done this using armour and a weapon. My point was that it gave a different POV for murlocs, with them wearing real armour and being a playable class.

I just wanted a fun discussion, I am not sure why you take offence to that.

The tourney server murloc also wears armor and weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    Not any more than any other races. Possibly less.

OT: Could? Sure. Will? Probably not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    At some point I think that most races will become playable in WoW if it survives long enough. I think murlocks would be far down on that list as most people would only want to play one to be silly; however, with pandas being a playable race now, I'm not so certain.
    The thing is, its hard to feel much about a race when it kind of gurgles at you and waddles when it runs. I think if they were to expand on them and create a slightly different style of murlocs with voices and ... a thought process, maybe you would feel more attached.

If a gnome ran up to you and started making strange noises you would think its a bit silly as well.

They certainly could, but I really can't see it happening. One reason is that I don't find them to be "intelligent" enough; they're too garrbly argggly murrrg murrrgly.

The thing is, its hard to feel much about a race when it kind of gurgles at you and waddles when it runs. I think if they were to expand on them and create a slightly different style of murlocs with voices and ... a thought process, maybe you would feel more attached.

If a gnome ran up to you and started making strange noises you would think its a bit silly as well.

Exactly. Blizzard could change the way they are (i.e. make them more civil), but that would really destroy one of the key features of murlocs.

To my knowledge this is the first time they have done this using armour and a weapon. My point was that it gave a different POV for murlocs, with them wearing real armour and being a playable class.

I just wanted a fun discussion, I am not sure why you take offence to that.
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets...the-gladiator/
    http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets...urlocs/grunty/

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I have no idea. I thought Worgen were dumb idea, but they turned out to work really well.

I don't think pandas did any more damage than goats did, or any other talking animals for that matter.

I didn't lvl a panda and I have zero interest in lvling one. And no I'm not one of the cry babies that go on on how pandas ruin wow and doesn't fit with the other races, or how Mist was childish. Mist is currently my second favorite xpac of the bunch. I just don't care for pandas and during the beta found their stater zone very boring. That said, I would play the shit out of a murloc character. Blizzard would make mucho bucks from me for race changes.... Pls be horde pls be horde. I'm sure it won't happen but I would giggle like a Japanese school girl in a sailor girl outfit while I toss my hard earned cash at blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    But the armour looks drawn onto the model rather than put on them like a normal WoW character. Also the weapon isn't even being held in the hand whereas the murkalot one is quite clearly gripping it properly. That's quite different imo.

You could just chalk this up to better tech/artists, but regardless I wasn't talking literals, only possibilities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Murlocs still are my favorite race not added.

But alas, I think it's not to be. I suspect the reason Blizz made Jinyu evolved Murlocs is so they can add a more..... reasonable Murloc race to play as.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah. The cow people, wolf people, space goats and midgets of various colours were fine. But Panda people? Too far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Yeah. The cow people, wolf people, space goats and midgets of various colours were fine. But Panda people? Too far.
    Exactly! There's room for fish people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no. Murlocs can eat my nuts.