Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Much rather have pigmies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    What more silly than a gnome or a panda? Personally I would play the hell out of a murloc and I would enjoy it. The way they hunch over and run, could have some really awesome animations.
    The needs of the many outweigh the few. Im sure there is a good amount of people that thinks that mop is the best expansion yet. But clearly 5 million and counting dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they're intelligent enough to actually join either factions...

Quote Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
    But the armour looks drawn onto the model rather than put on them like a normal WoW character. Also the weapon isn't even being held in the hand whereas the murkalot one is quite clearly gripping it properly. That's quite different imo.

You could just chalk this up to better tech/artists, but regardless I wasn't talking literals, only possibilities.
    to be honest i woulden't mind the idea of it, but i don't think it will happen.

and I think blizzard have become better with the overall design of things in wow, thus murkalot actually holds his flail.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue with Murlocs and Jinyu is the lack of sexual dimorphism.

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    As if Blizzard didn't damage WoW's reputation enough with adding pandas.
    Pandaren are canon. Get. Over. It.

OT: Murlocs don't have the intelligence to be a player race.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    OT: Murlocs don't have the intelligence to be a player race.
    That's not true, there was a quest line in the Borean Tundra that said that they are just as intelligent as most sentient races.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be weird to me honestly having a little Murloc Tanking something, it already weird seeing a Gnome do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it have an ability to loudly make that aggravating noise at will? Or just all the time at random? Because that would drive some people bats*** insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Would it have an ability to loudly make that aggravating noise at will? Or just all the time at random? Because that would drive some people bats*** insane.
    It should be like Worgen sniffing, except it should have a series of random murlocese noises.

Well, the Winterfin and Rockpool tribes show they have at least some intelligence. I think they could be added as playable as long as they utilize these two tribes, or Blizz creates a new one.

I would make a make and female one, but meh not that exciting. I prefer ogres and Cat people (2 legged ones) kinda like the tol vir.

Also
    Name
    World of warcraft
    RwlRwlRwlRwl.
    100% more RwlRwlRwlRwl.

i would not, i hate murlocs so much that i would not stop dying on purpose :P

10+ Year Old Account
    yes they could be, so could mud-men from mars, anything is possible
    my vote is for the mud-men though

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    As if Blizzard didn't damage WoW's reputation enough with adding pandas.
    yeah ikr. no more silly races please.

I hope they will be playable they seem badass

Problems:

1 - They have only the absolute basics of a hierarchy
    2 - They have no known or understood language beyond MARRHAHHGHLGHLGL
    3 - They are fun and quirky, look how that image went down with the Padaren, murlocs are sillier still.
    4 - As far as we know, they can literally only be bad mages and bad warriors, relying numbers than skill
    5 - The Jinyu exist, which work pretty much as evolved murlocs solving all the above problems, ironically creating this one: The Jinyu are a much more logical choice for fish person race.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    yeah ikr. no more silly races please.
    These kinds of statements are one day going to cause my eyes to roll so far back into my head that I'll be able to see backwards in time, I swear.

Its funny OP, I was just about to make a post about this. Here's some fun facts about Murlocs which may shed some light into this possible, highly anticipated but unlikely race. http://www.wowwiki.com/Murloc

Murlocs have a religion

"A tribe may venerate a whale (or may even raise its status to whale-god) until a giant sea serpent drives it away, at which point their beliefs change to center on the sea serpent as the chief object of their reverence. Another tribe may worship a naga sea witch until she is killed by sharks, at which point she is replaced by the sharks."

Murlocs are intelligent and civilized despite the language barrier
    " D.E.H.T.A. representative King Mrgl-Mrgl discovered, after he had learned their language, that the Winterfin tribe of murlocs in the Borean Tundra of Northrend are as intelligent as any of Azeroth's more "civilized" races. "

Murlocs may be just as old as any of the original races of Azeroth

"Though murlocs are relatively new to the Eastern Kingdoms, it is increasingly believed that they are actually a very ancient race of Azeroth." There are recorded instances of murlocs capable of more structured speech, as evidenced by the conversations held by the Murloc Sorcerer and Thrall during the Horde's stopover in the Broken Isles.

And most interestingly they are the slave workhorse of the Queen Azshara's Empire and 9 times out of ten when we get a new race they come from a "broken home."

All this is a Million to one shot but it would be an awesome callback to a Great Game (Warcraft 3) and would tie in nicely to any terrors of the Deep we may face in the future. Evolve them a bit graphically and you have a crowd pleaser
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-10-14 at 03:43 AM.