Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    so minor, so dont care, so dont feel its worth spliting hairs over

If anything wow is already to sharey. So many people just leech off rares hitting them once and then do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    When I see someone close to dying because of some elite I help because I want to prevent that player from dying. Not because I might get loot as well. And people thanked me for that at times.
    It should be that mind set I believe and not 'oh if I help that player I get lootz, naice'.
    In an ideal world that would be the way to go of course and I know we aren't living in one, but I don't think sharing mobs is the answer.
    For reference, you don't get any prize from raising someone in GW2, just xp. You get xp for everything in GW2 (mobs, exploration, gathering, just like WoW, but also for raising, crafting, and many other things.)

In WoW, I helped people many times, occasionally getting a thanks, usually the person just went back to what they were doing. Sometimes they'd even be in competition with me for mobs and didn't care. I've had folks tell me I stole their ore because I got to it first (no mobs fighting or anything, I was coming from the east, he from the west and I mined it so he whined for an hour in tells.) and I've had people take ore while I was fighting on top of it.

There are plenty of trolls in GW2, so I'm not claiming any moral superiority amongst the crowd there, but it is amusing to see the "too many resurectors" error when too many people are trying to help someone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    Yeah must be rough for an MMO who makes hundreds of millions a month to be so active after 10 years......... Lets see where GW2 is in 10 years?
    So just because WoW is a popular game you assume it is proof that their system is flawless? No, I just bought GW2 a little while ago and there are just so many things that they do better than WoW. However, I have to admit the lore doesn't interest me that much. I think WoW is a popular game not due to their system, but because of the general setting, races, stories, etc. Also, Warcraft as a series has been around for a long time so of course WoW was going to have many subscribers. That doesn't mean WoW's system is flawless though, it could learn a lot from GW2 actually.

Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    I think GW2's way of mob tagging and node sharing plus xp for rezzing goes a long way to fostering a much more friendly and cooperative community. This in turn creates more incentive to play together, which I've always thought was the point of any mmo.
    Except GW2 community compared to Wow is nonexistant. GW2 made the horrible mistake of trivializing group play, something that hurts community much more than it helps. You don't need groups for anything world related, you don't need guilds for end game, competition does not exist outside of tournaments that no one does anymore. If anything they could learn from Wow as to how to create a lasting community.

While the crafter side of me loved the GW2 shared node system, I think the competitive part of me missed mob tagging and resource exclusivity. It's the rare thing that makes questing exciting, if someone else is there and can possibly steal your quest mobs.

GW2 felt like a giant zerg from once place to another, even when solo. Especially when solo, because I didn't have to pay any attention to ANYONE, because they 1) couldn't steal my resources, 2) couldn't steal mobs I needed for a heart/event, 3) couldn't steal my loot, 4) couldn't kill me, because all PvP is in a very instanced, controlled setting, etc. I leveled my ranger from 1 to 80 in the opening weeks of GW2 and it was a blast exploring the beautiful world, etc, etc. But it had no stickiness. I started a guardian, and even though I tried to hit up the zones I didn't actively level in on my ranger (still did them all for the Gifts of Exploration for the legendaries), it became so mindless that she's stuck at level 40 a year after the game launched.

All my other toons are less than 10, and that's only because they practically hand you the first 10 levels for free, like WoW.

Lastly, resource sharing in WoW couldn't happen without GW2's game-wide economy. It would be disastrous to share nodes, but keep the economies by server, because small servers could actually be run by an oligarchy of 1 guy with 10 alts (granted, they could do the respawn being account-tied like GW2, but it's still problematic).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I used to be the same until I realised how ungrateful a lot of people were after helping them. I mainly just stick to helping friends now.
    Pretty sure the majority of people who used to help others feel this way, me included. You occasionally get a thank you and all, but most people just keep quiet or even call you names.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Except GW2 community compared to Wow is nonexistant. GW2 made the horrible mistake of trivializing group play, something that hurts community much more than it helps. You don't need groups for anything world related, you don't need guilds for end game, competition does not exist outside of tournaments that no one does anymore. If anything they could learn from Wow as to how to create a lasting community.
    ROFLMAO.

You have got to be fucken kidding me World Of Warcraft barely has a community and no one should learn anything from it besides on what not to do. Guild Wars 1 Community has been active since day 1 and still is and the same go's for Guild Wars 2.

I personally Enjoy Champion farming in Queensdale and just bullshiting in Map Chat while doing it. Everynow and then you get that basic asshat that ruins stuff but over all its enjoyable. I can not remember the last time that I could just BS in trade chat in wow and find it enjoyable.

Guild Wars 2 did not trivialize group play they made it the main focus of the game but also at the sametime give you a choice of ether going Solo or doing Group play. There was also a hidden choice where when you are soloing you may find yourself doing some grouping and will not lose out on anything like loot/xp because of it.

Hell I am even enjoying Guild Wars 2's Version of a LFG system and it works great because now I decide who joins my group and it takes no time at all to do it.

Edit: Removed the first part of my comment because it was not needed.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-10-14 at 12:41 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I get where your going with it & I believe Wildstar is doing the same thing with there questing system, I hope its a Wildstar Community choice & not a bloody NCSoft choice.

I don't hate the idea, but anything can still be improved on.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-14 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems you never heard of this little thing called WvW ;-)
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ROFLMAO.

You have got to be fucken kidding me World Of Warcraft barely has a community and no one should learn anything from it besides on what not to do. Guild Wars 1 Community has been active since day 1 and still is and the same go's for Guild Wars 2.

I personally Enjoy Champion farming in Queensdale and just bullshiting in Map Chat while doing it. Everynow and then you get that basic asshat that ruins stuff but over all its enjoyable. I can not remember the last time that I could just BS in trade chat in wow and find it enjoyable.

Guild Wars 2 did not trivialize group play they made it the main focus of the game but also at the sametime give you a choice of ether going Solo or doing Group play. There was also a hidden choice where when you are soloing you may find yourself doing some grouping and will not lose out on anything like loot/xp because of it.

Hell I am even enjoying Guild Wars 2's Version of a LFG system and it works great because now I decide who joins my group and it takes no time at all to do it.

Edit: Removed the first part of my comment because it was not needed.
    Ya I was gunna say the first part was utter BS, but you are forgiven as you admitted it was not needed, there is a community its just split between 2 sides (Hardcore & Casual) with many different opinion in between. But all gotta remember sometimes it just the players themselves & not the developers that make certain things not work out well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Seems you never heard of this little thing called WvW ;-)
    Oh you mean the thing that Arena Net ruined & now its complete dog shit, but was bloody fun at launch until the exploiters got there hands on it than it got ruined cause Arena Net had no clue what to do with it & still hasn't gotten picked up by eSports & while most of the big Alliance Guilds gave up, quit the game or got banned.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-14 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Oh you mean the thing that Arena Net ruined & now its complete dog shit, but was bloody fun at launch until the exploiters got there hands on it than it got ruined cause Arena Net had no clue what to do with it & still hasn't gotten picked up by eSports & while most of the big Alliance Guilds gave up, quit the game or got banned.
    Sounds like a cool story bro. You can tell me about it while I wait in queue to get in EB on a Sunday night.
    Valar morghulis

The only thing with WvW I would say that is outright broken right now is a T3 server is dam near impossable to beat if you are a T1/2 Server. Its in the works now for a Server to Reach T3 then take on Offical Anet members to test this and if that is the case they are going to reblance it so its a far fight no matter what Tier you are.

I know of a guy who will be in that fight and the server is KS that will be doing it from what I been told so far anyway.

But that is offtopic and be talked about another day.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Not sure if you're talking about the same GW2 that I have played. We group up constantly on my server. Maybe you played on a bad one? I won't compare the two because that's not the purpose of this thread. If you actually play both you already know what I'm talking about.

I suggest we stay on topic and stop belittling either game. Just because you like your game doesn't mean the other's suck. It's childish and short sighted to want other games to fail. You WANT the other games to do well so your game is forced to become better. Topic is what part of GW2 could/should WoW adopt, not which game is better. Thread is on the road to hell if you guys keep this bullshit up.
    Last edited by Budong; 2013-10-14 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Sounds like a cool story bro. You can tell me about it while I wait in queue to get in EB on a Sunday night.
    You go do that, not like their is anything interesting to do in the game beside a broken WvWvW.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing with WvW I would say that is outright broken right now is a T3 server is dam near impossable to beat if you are a T1/2 Server. Its in the works now for a Server to Reach T3 then take on Offical Anet members to test this and if that is the case they are going to reblance it so its a far fight no matter what Tier you are.

I know of a guy who will be in that fight and the server is KS that will be doing it from what I been told so far anyway.

But that is offtopic and be talked about another day.
    My biggest complaint was that they ruined the Top Tier WvWvW, they allowed exploiters to control the top tier & did nothing and when they finally banned the exploiters the Big Alliances had all quit by than & it was just not as fun anymore. Its all zergs now, it was zerg before, but you had to also use strategy aswell, but your right we are going off topic. We can bring this back up when we got a topic around that general area.

You go do that, not like their is anything interesting to do in the game beside a broken WvWvW.
    Champion farming and doing dungeons is fun along with doing faction's or whatever that mode is called and sometimes Spvp can be fun.

Just because you can't find anything fun to do in GW2 dose not mean there isn't anything fun to do in GW2 its just what choice's are there you don't like. Like others have said stop belittling GW2 this is a thread about what WOW could/should adapt from GW2 if you feel nothing then say nothing and walk away.

- - - Updated - - -

YIts all zergs now, it was zerg before, but you had to also use strategy aswell, but your right we are going off topic
    It still the same now if all your server dose is zerg from one post to the next they will sooner or later lose.

/Back on topic now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Champion farming and doing dungeons is fun along with doing faction's or whatever that mode is called and sometimes Spvp can be fun.

Just because you can't find anything fun to do in GW2 dose not mean there isn't anything fun to do in GW2 its just what choice's are there you don't like. Like others have said stop belittling GW2 this is a thread about what WOW could/should adapt from GW2 if you feel nothing then say nothing and walk away.
    Ya I my bad there I know I should of just taken the advice of the other GW2 sub forum posters to not feed the Karizee, but sometimes you can't resist.

But back on topic like you said what I would like WoW to learn from GW2 is definitely in the quest / nodes department. I know Wildstar is doing something similar for there quest system revamp & looking forward to trying that out. I feel it could really fix some of the nity grity stuff, but sometimes those can be fun aswell. But while playing FF14 I'm starting to love the shared mob tagging idea for sure.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-14 at 01:50 AM.

But back on topic like you said what I would like WoW to learn from GW2 is definitely in the quest / nodes department. I know Wildstar is doing something similar for there quest system revamp & looking forward to trying that out. I feel it could really fix some the nity grity stuff, but sometimes those can be fun aswell.
    Yep and what is really nice is farming mats like ores with friends.

You and said friend could farm lets say all of northrend doing the same route without hurting each others time if they did the same node setup as GW2 but now what gets in the way is CRZ and the fact it mite break something like how it dose for two seater mounts.

But that is a mite...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep and what is really nice is farming mats like ores with friends.

You and said friend could farm lets say all of northrend doing the same route without hurting each others time if they did the same node setup as GW2 but now what gets in the way is CRZ and the fact it mite break something like how it dose for two seater mounts.

But that is a mite...
    Well what if CRZ didn't affect it & if you all had your own node so it really shouldn't affect it the only problem being you may have several people clicking on the same node if your all doing the same route.

"not a game v game thread gaiz"

Goes on about how GW2 is better.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015