Deleted
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Problems @logging screen. Again.

EUW :|

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Winning as support:
    1) Play Thresh
    2) Win lane through mad hook skills
    3) Solo enemy ADC when he tries to farm because your a boss.
    4) Ignore point 3
    5) Win game
    Losing as support:

1) Pick Thresh
    2) Do well in lane with good hooks
    3) Cry later because nobody knows you can click a lantern

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    If you wanna play a "OP" support in Silver, Janna.
    When i support i get Janna, don't care who the other team has as support. She is literally a "counter" (Depending on your own skill too ofcourse, but a well timed Q can easily interrupt any charge or whatever) to every other support in Silver from my experience. And if played well you can easily carry your lane with it. Just gotta have a adc that knows when to back or that atleast listens to you.
    Dunno in silver, but in Diamond:

Pick Janna. Make a rune page with some gp10 and some AP. 9/0/21 masteries. Level E->Q->W then prioritise R>W>Q/E. Starting from lvl5, constantly use W on either the support or ADC. The poke damage is just insane and you run in much less mana problems than if you leveled E.

Build double GP10 with sightstone then go for morellos. Janna has surprisingly high AP ratios on her spells (0.9 on shield!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Losing as support:

1) Pick Thresh
    I am one of the lucky few who often gets teammates who do know how to use the lantern .
    Yesterday I was having a game where I got the maddest hooks against a Caitlyn.

Also: #meeleethresh (accidentily referred to thresh as a meelee instead of a front-line.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zyra support is retarded you can 2v1 people in lane if your adc gets counter picked and once you get Lyiandri's you're like another ap carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing as support:

1) Pick Thresh
    Thankfully, I haven't seen one of those people in a while. I actually got a to play a lot of Thresh last week, both in duo queue with Acry picking it for me and solo queue with a really nice FP who agreed to trade. I would support more often if I could play Thresh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    once you get Lyiandri's you're like another ap carry.
    See the thing is, a support Zyra isn't really supposed to be able to afford a Liandry's. If you've got extra 3k to drop for a damage item while not hurting your team, chances are the game is a stomp and the extra damage from Support isn't changing the outcome in any realistic way

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    See the thing is, a support Zyra isn't really supposed to be able to afford a Liandry's. If you've got extra 3k to drop for a damage item while not hurting your team, chances are the game is a stomp and the extra damage from Support isn't changing the outcome in any realistic way
    I mean, it's not that hard to get gold on support Zyra. Unless your ADC is completely braindead you're going to get kills in lane. With most junglers building locket these days what else are you going to buy? When I support, I'm almost exclusively playing her because it's actually almost broken especially in solo q where you're able to pick up loose farm. I'm not talking about directly taking farm from the ADC but if low health minions get in the way of E's and Q's, well I'm not going to complain about the extra gold. I go the same build route every game and can afford at least Guise by 25~ minutes every game while sufficiently warding the map. You'd be surprised how much damage a full rotation can do even with just Guise.

Deleted
    Unless your ADC is completely braindead you're going to get kills in lane.
    Unless your opponents are braindead then a slaughter that would give a support 3k extra cash is simply not possible

With most junglers building locket these days what else are you going to buy?
    Wards, oracles, wards, wards and a few more wards.

I'm not talking about directly taking farm from the ADC but if low health minions get in the way of E's and Q's, well I'm not going to complain about the extra gold.
    You might not but your ADC sure as hell does.

I go the same build route every game and can afford at least Guise by 25~ minutes every game while sufficiently warding the map. You'd be surprised how much damage a full rotation can do even with just Guise.
    So by 25 mins you've managed to get sightstone, oracle, boots, you are supplying green wards and have (presumably) provided pink wards during the laning phase AND on top of that had 1k to use on damage instead of extra vision/removing enemy vision?

Dunno in silver, but in Diamond:

Pick Janna. Make a rune page with some gp10 and some AP. 9/0/21 masteries. Level E->Q->W then prioritise R>W>Q/E. Starting from lvl5, constantly use W on either the support or ADC. The poke damage is just insane and you run in much less mana problems than if you leveled E.

Build double GP10 with sightstone then go for morellos. Janna has surprisingly high AP ratios on her spells (0.9 on shield!)
    Gp10, Ap/lvl and some armor as runes. I run a 1/11/18 works for me, but might go try the 9/0/21 then. Normally i'd level R>E>W>Q and don't really go oom that fast but ill give the R>W>Q/E a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Silkku View Post
    So by 25 mins you've managed to get sightstone, oracle, boots, you are supplying green wards and have (presumably) provided pink wards during the laning phase AND on top of that had 1k to use on damage instead of extra vision/removing enemy vision?
    If you are talking the best case scenario i could actually see this working.
    2 Dragons, turrets and kills/assist, hell, maybe even a Baron? It is possible.

Talking about how Zeoni said it; Well, that means you would have to get a few kills/assist, farm while your adc is back, minimal use of wards(3 after laning with help from team), a turret or 2 and a dragon or 2 if you are lucky.

2715 Gold for said items, not included early game wards. Yet again, in best case, sure. I wouldn't say before 25 minutes tho. But yeah, if you don't go the gp/10 and start with a ruby crystal.
    Possible, but highly unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your intention is to carry games from support, then getting kills in lane is something that you can bank on ESPECIALLY when you play a champion like Zyra. I'm not passing up vision/denial to buy damage items but if we're snowballing (I usually do well in lane because of Zyra) then their support won't have enough gold to ward efficiently so spamming pinks and early oracles isn't as important. I usually buy 3-4 green wards and a pink for Dragon/Baron when needed and there hasn't been many games I've lost specifically because I didn't buy a fuckload of wards for maximum vision and constant oracles. Also the extra health and stats from building actual items instead of vision makes you less of an easy kill target to just get focused and dead instantly. It's not like I'm leaving my team in the dark by building Lyiandri's and it gives you a clear advantage in any smaller skirmish type teamfight especially when their support who probably doesn't have as much damage build as you is involved in.

edit: Obviously I'll buy oracles if I see the enemy support warding a lot and getting help from other team mates but generally, I'll always work towards Lyiandri/Rylai's eventually and it sure does make a difference in fights. Also I've yet to have an ADC complain when I have 10-15 extra farm at the end of the laning phase especially because if I land that E and then Q we have kill potential instantly.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-10-14 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just play Gragas support and max W
    make sure you have lulu jungle too

Deleted
    If your intention is to carry games from support, then getting kills in lane is something that you can bank on
    No. If the skill level between players is huge THEN you can expect a million kills. Otherwise in an even match-up where all players are non-retarded then kills shouldn't be happening left and right. Zoning happens 99 times more often than outright kills without jungler interference. Guess what? You taking those extra creeps with your carelessly placed Q and E's might tip the CS lead away form your ADC. Getting a few during lane happens but for them to make a significant change in your gold income you have to be taking more than reasonable amounts from your AD

I'm not passing up vision/denial to buy damage items
    Yes you are since you are spending gold towards damage items rather than greens and pinks

I usually do well in lane because of Zyra
    If you are consistently winning the lane without jungler shenanigans then it means you are playing against people that are worse than you in game or then don't play bot lane. In both cases you could be going AP Garen support without it drastically affecting the outcome.

then their support won't have enough gold to ward efficiently so spamming pinks and early oracles isn't as important
    This is when it's the most important time to spam pinks. A lane that lacks vision is a lane that loses dragon control and gets zoned/ganked

Also the extra health and stats from building actual items instead of vision makes you less of an easy kill target to just get focused and dead instantly
    First of all, you are Zyra. If you are getting "focused" and killed then you are either doing something terribly wrong or the enemy assassin is wasting shit on you instead of your AD. A situation where a teamfight cleanup would have required extra 200 hp happens so rarely that it's better to invest the little gold you have on vision.

It's not like I'm leaving my team in the dark by building Lyiandri's and it gives you a clear advantage in any smaller skirmish type teamfight especially when their support who probably doesn't have as much damage build as you is involved in.
    If you have Liandry at the time when small skirmishes happens then like I said, the game is already won and you could be stacking hurricanes for the difference it makes

Obviously I'll buy oracles if I see the enemy support warding a lot and getting help from other team mates but generally, I'll always work towards Lyiandri/Rylai's eventually and it sure does make a difference in fights.
    You should always prio Oracles over everything else and ESPECIALLY when the enemy already has limited vision. If they have to be facechecking every bush then eventually one will have your team and you will be taking free objectives

TL;DR Wards+Oracles>All

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I don't feel the extra vision gained/prevented is as big of a deal especially in solo queue because most of the games I feel people don't take advantage of it. I've never lost a game and been like man if I had spammed Oracles/Wards/Pinks we would have had this easily. More than enough, I notice the extra damage. Maybe it's not as good for higher up play that people take advantage but low Diamond NA really isn't vision centric play and I feel the extra damage helps when you just have 1-2 useless team members because lolsoloqueue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just play Gragas support and max W
    nah man cassiopia support out harrass zyra anyday with q
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I think I'll just keep playing support and try to carry more maybe with zyra. I just hate it when I get games where within like 12 mins the score is 1-10 usually top or mid just dies so much like theres nothing that I can do about that and its been annoying trying to rank up when I get games like this I just want to get to gold, I'd like to get plat I'm pretty sure I'm capable of it I just need teammates that don't die so much at the start.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people do focus Zyra on lane if she's not going for tanky masteries/runes as without those she is incredibly squishy.

When I was still running 9/0/21 with offensive runes the few times I semi-lost my lane was when they had something like Taric/Leona + Ezreal or something. Taric just flash-stuns-shatters me for 50% of my HP while the Ezreal also instantly jumps on me and bursts away. Pretty much dead during the stun, even if I wasnt THAT badly out of position :P

Now that I run 1/13/16 masteries and HP quints + armor reds and yellows I can actually act as bait and make ballsy plays without the fear of getting insta-gibbed. I usually buy a Dorans Shield on my first back (unless we failed and got left really behind) so that I can out-trade their ADC relatively easy.... Though I dont buy it against stuff like Ezreal and Corki as a lot of their damage comes from abilities and not just AAs.

I guess you could go more offensive with 9/0/21 + AP runes + Kages instead of Philo if you're against a non-scary support like Janna/Soraka.

And as far as buying damage/defensive items instead of mass-wards/pinks/oracles... You can get away with fewer pinks/oracles at Bronze/Silver/low Gold as most Supports at that level dont ward THAT much. But it varies a lot game by game.
    But as soon as I go play 5vs5 team-ranked against plats/diamonds I'm pretty much forced to use all my gold on Wards/Pinks/Oracles and even then it doesnt feel like I'm warding enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I think I'll just keep playing support and try to carry more maybe with zyra. I just hate it when I get games where within like 12 mins the score is 1-10 usually top or mid just dies so much like theres nothing that I can do about that and its been annoying trying to rank up when I get games like this I just want to get to gold, I'd like to get plat I'm pretty sure I'm capable of it I just need teammates that don't die so much at the start.
    I also hate it when that happens. But theres not much you can do about it. And luckily it doesnt happen THAT often.

And then theres times when it just happens constantly like in my case where I got 10 games worth of feeders and AFKers and went from 75LP in Silver 1 to 90 LP in Silver 2 That put me off from playing yolo-que for a while... Though I guess I'll have to heat up my engine again if I wanna get Gold in yolo-que before the season ends... Luckily got it covered in 5vs5 but still kinda want it in yolo-que as well.

Those 10 games made me rage so hard especially after being on a huge win-streak going from 0 LP Silver III to 75 LP Silver I in one weekend
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-10-14 at 06:20 AM.

who is keen to watch CJ frost vs SKT T1 tonight

also Cloudtempler retirement T.T
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

also Cloudtempler retirement T.T
    And that's another old timer League player gone, but at least he ended on a somewhat positive note.

In other news, Aphromoo and Pobelter have been released from Curse. While a reason hasn't been stated for Aphro's release, Pobelter got released due to not being able to play League and attend grade school at the same time.

EDIT: Following up on the Curse roster changes, Cop is back on the main roster at ADC, and word is Quas will be the replacement for Pobelter.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-10-14 at 08:18 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn. I like Aphromoo =/

Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2013-10-14 at 10:22 AM.